Do Multinational Operations Influence Firm Value? Evidence from the Triad Regions
This paper examines the effect of multinational operations on firm value using a sample of firms from the three triad regions of the world. Using the Transnational Index (reported by the United Nations), a newer measure of multinational operations, this study helps explain some of the conflicting findings reported in the literature and highlights the importance of location of the firm as a factor in influencing the premium or discount in firm value due to multinational operations.
Volume (Year): 4 (2005)
Issue (Month): 1 (April)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 100 Wenhwa Road, Seatwen, Taichung|
Web page: http://www.ijbe.org/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Larry H.P. Lang & Rene M. Stulz, 1993.
"Tobin's Q, Corporate Diversification and Firm Performance,"
NBER Working Papers
4376, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lang, Larry H P & Stulz, Rene M, 1994. "Tobin's q, Corporate Diversification, and Firm Performance," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 102(6), pages 1248-80, December.
- Daniel Sullivan, 1994. "Measuring the Degree of Internationalization of a Firm," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 25(2), pages 325-342, June.
- John H Dunning, 1980. "Towards an Eclectic Theory of International Production: Some Empirical Tests," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 11(1), pages 9-31, March.
- Christos Pantzalis, 2001. "Does Location Matter? An Empirical Analysis of Geographic Scope and MNC Market Valuation," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 32(1), pages 133-155, March.
- Ike Mathur & Kyran Hanagan, 1983. "Are Multinational Corporations Superior Investment Vehicles for Achieving International Diversification?," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 14(3), pages 135-146, September.
- Alan Rugman, 1980. "Internalization as a general theory of foreign direct investment: A re-appraisal of the literature," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 116(2), pages 365-379, June.
- Branch, Ben, 1974. "Research and Development Activity and Profitability: A Distributed Lag Analysis," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(5), pages 999-1011, Sept./Oct.
- Bae, Sung C. & Noh, Seungwook, 2001. "Multinational corporations versus domestic corporations: a comparative study of R&D investment activities," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 89-104, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ijb:journl:v:4:y:2005:i:1:p:11-29. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Yi-Ju Su)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.