Individual and Collective Wage Bargaining
Wage negotiation is modeled as an oceanic game. The employer and unions (if any) are atomic players, interacting with an 'ocean' of infinitesimal individual, unorganized workers. All workers are equally productive inside the firm but may differ in their outside opportunities. The 'worth' of a coalition is its achievable surplus, and the Shapley value of the c-f game thereby defined provides a plausible, equitable wage settlement. Several different levels of unionization are investigated. It is noteworthy that this approach does not introduce specific bargaining procedures; instead (like the core) it builds on cooperative possibilities present in the economic situation itself. Copyright 1997 by Economics Department of the University of Pennsylvania and the Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Volume (Year): 38 (1997)
Issue (Month): 4 (November)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (215) 898-8487
Fax: (215) 573-2057
Web page: http://www.econ.upenn.edu/ier
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/subs.asp?ref=0020-6598 Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Guesnerie, Roger, 1977.
"Monopoly, syndicate, and shapley value: About some conjectures,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 235-251, August.
- Guesnerie Roger, 1976. "Monopoly, syndicate and shapley value : about some conjectures," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) 7604, CEPREMAP.
- repec:tpr:qjecon:v:99:y:1984:i:3:p:547-66 is not listed on IDEAS
- Frank, Robert H, 1984. "Are Workers Paid Their Marginal Products?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(4), pages 549-71, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ier:iecrev:v:38:y:1997:i:4:p:969-91. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.