Asymptotic Values of Vector Measure Games
In honor of L. S. Shapley's eightieth birthday The asymptotic value, introduced by Kannai in 1966, is an asymptotic approach to the notion of the Shapley value for games with infinitely many players. A vector measure game is a game v where the worth v ( S ) of a coalition S is a function f of μ( S ) where μ is a vector measure. Special classes of vector measure games are the weighted majority games and the two-house weighted majority games, where a two-house weighted majority game is a game in which a coalition is winning if and only if it is winning in two given weighted majority games. All weighted majority games have an asymptotic value. However, not all two-house weighted majority games have an asymptotic value. In this paper, we prove that the existence of infinitely many atoms with sufficient variety suffice for the existence of the asymptotic value in a general class of nonsmooth vector measure games that includes in particular two-house weighted majority games.
Volume (Year): 29 (2004)
Issue (Month): 4 (November)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 7240 Parkway Drive, Suite 300, Hanover, MD 21076 USA|
Web page: http://www.informs.org/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Neyman, Abraham, 2002. "Values of games with infinitely many players," Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications,in: R.J. Aumann & S. Hart (ed.), Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 56, pages 2121-2167 Elsevier.
- Aumann, R. J. & Kurz, M. & Neyman, A., 1987. "Power and public goods," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 108-127, June.
- Neyman, Abraham, 2010.
"Singular games in bv'NA,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 46(4), pages 384-387, July.
- Abraham Neyman, 2001. "Singular Games in bv'NA," Discussion Paper Series dp262, The Federmann Center for the Study of Rationality, the Hebrew University, Jerusalem.
- A. W. Coats, 1996. "Introduction," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 28(5), pages 3-11, Supplemen.
- R. J. Aumann & M. Kurz & A. Neyman, 1983. "Voting for Public Goods," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 50(4), pages 677-693.
- Hart, Sergiu, 1977. "Asymptotic value of games with a continuum of players," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 57-80, March.
- Aumann, Robert J & Kurz, Mordecai, 1977. "Power and Taxes," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(5), pages 1137-1161, July. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormoor:v:29:y:2004:i:4:p:739-775. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.