Asymptotic Values of Vector Measure Games
The asymptotic value, introduced by Kannai in 1966, is an asymptotic approach to the notion of the Shapley value for games with infinitely many players. A vector measure game is a game v where the worth v(S) of a coalition S is a function f of ?(S) where ? is a vector measure. Special classes of vector measure games are the weighted majority games and the two-house weighted majority games where a two-house weighted majority game is a game in which a coalition is winning if and only if it is winning in two given weighted majority games. All weighted majority games have an asymptotic value. However, not all two-house weighted majority games have an asymptotic value. In this paper we prove that the existence of infinitely many atoms with sufficient variety suffice for the existence of the asymptotic value in a general class of nonsmooth vector measure games that includes in particular two-house weighted majority games.
|Date of creation:||Nov 2003|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Forthcoming in Mathematics of Operations Research|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Feldman Building - Givat Ram - 91904 Jerusalem|
Web page: http://www.ratio.huji.ac.il/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Aumann, R. J. & Kurz, M. & Neyman, A., 1987. "Power and public goods," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 108-127, June.
- Hart, Sergiu, 1977. "Asymptotic value of games with a continuum of players," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 57-80, March.
- Neyman, Abraham, 2010.
"Singular games in bv'NA,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 46(4), pages 384-387, July.
- R. J. Aumann & M. Kurz & A. Neyman, 1983. "Voting for Public Goods," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 50(4), pages 677-693.
- Aumann, Robert J & Kurz, Mordecai, 1977. "Power and Taxes," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(5), pages 1137-61, July.
- Neyman, Abraham, 2002. "Values of games with infinitely many players," Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications, in: R.J. Aumann & S. Hart (ed.), Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 56, pages 2121-2167 Elsevier.
- A. W. Coats, 1996. "Introduction," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 28(5), pages 3-11, Supplemen.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:huj:dispap:dp344. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tomer Siedner)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.