The Effects of Outbound Mergers and Acquisitions (M&As) on Chinese Automobile Corporations’ Performance: A Case Study of Geely’s Acquisition of Volvo
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Wan-Wen Chu, 2011. "How the Chinese government promoted a global automobile industry," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 20(5), pages 1235-1276, October.
- Bessler, Wolfgang & Murtagh, James P., 2002. "The stock market reaction to cross-border acquisitions of financial services firms: an analysis of Canadian banks," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 12(4-5), pages 419-440.
- Kedia, Simi & Zhou, Xing, 2014. "Informed trading around acquisitions: Evidence from corporate bonds," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 18(C), pages 182-205.
- Soniya Mohil & Reena Nayyar & Archana Patro, 2020. "When is informed trading more prevalent?—An examination of options trading around Indian M&A announcements," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 40(6), pages 1011-1029, June.
- Ajeyo Banerjee & E. Woodrow Eckard, 1998. "Are Mega-Mergers Anticompetitive? Evidence from the First Great Merger Wave," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 29(4), pages 803-827, Winter.
- Franco Malerba & Sunil Mani & Pamela Adams (ed.), 2017. "The Rise to Market Leadership," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 15882.
- Liu, Xiaohui & Zou, Huan, 2008. "The impact of greenfield FDI and mergers and acquisitions on innovation in Chinese high-tech industries," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 352-364, July.
- Yakob, Ramsin & Nakamura, H. Richard & Ström, Patrik, 2018. "Chinese foreign acquisitions aimed for strategic asset-creation and innovation upgrading: The case of Geely and Volvo Cars," Technovation, Elsevier, vol. 70, pages 59-72.
- Lebedev, Sergey & Peng, Mike W. & Xie, En & Stevens, Charles E., 2015. "Mergers and acquisitions in and out of emerging economies," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 50(4), pages 651-662.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Jiawei Wu & Yehua Dennis Wei & Wen Chen, 2020. "Spatial proximity, localized assets, and the changing geography of domestic mergers and acquisitions in transitional China," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(3), pages 954-976, September.
- Reddy, Kotapati Srinivasa, 2015. "Macroeconomic Change, and Cross-border Mergers and Acquisitions: The Indian Experience, 1991-2010," MPRA Paper 63562, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2015.
- Thomas Poulsen & Charlotte Bay Hasager, 2017. "The (R)evolution of China: Offshore Wind Diffusion," Energies, MDPI, vol. 10(12), pages 1-32, December.
- Ten Brink, Tobias & Butollo, Florian, 2018. "A great leap? Domestic market growth and local state support in the upgrading of China's LED lighting industry," EconStor Open Access Articles and Book Chapters, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, pages 285-306.
- Wang, Hao & Han, Yonghui & Fidrmuc, Jan & Wei, Dongming, 2021.
"Confucius Institute, Belt and Road Initiative, and Internationalization,"
International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 237-256.
- Hao Wang & Yonghui Han & Jan Fidrmuc & Dongming Wei, 2020. "Confucius Institute, Belt and Road Initiative, and Internationalization," CESifo Working Paper Series 8467, CESifo.
- Hao Wang & Yonghui Han & Jan Fidrmuc & Dongming Wei, 2021. "Confucius Institute, Belt and Road Initiative, and Internationalization," Post-Print hal-03128969, HAL.
- Chenxi Zhou & Jinhong Xie & Qi Wang, 2016. "Failure to Complete Cross-Border M&As: “To” vs. “From” Emerging Markets," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 47(9), pages 1077-1105, December.
- Boateng, Agyenim & Du, Min & Bi, XiaoGang & Lodorfos, George, 2019. "Cultural distance and value creation of cross-border M&A: The moderating role of acquirer characteristics," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 285-295.
- Keun Lee & Di Qu & Zhuqing Mao, 2021. "Global Value Chains, Industrial Policy, and Industrial Upgrading: Automotive Sectors in Malaysia, Thailand, and China in Comparison with Korea," The European Journal of Development Research, Palgrave Macmillan;European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI), vol. 33(2), pages 275-303, April.
- Huck, Steffen & Konrad, Kai A. & Müller, Wieland, 2000. "Profitable horizontal mergers: A market structure-oriented view," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 2000,27, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Haiwen Zhou, 2023. "State Capacity and Leadership: Why Did China Take off?," Chinese Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 56(1), pages 50-68, January.
- Popli, Manish & Ladkani, Radha M. & Gaur, Ajai S., 2017. "Business group affiliation and post-acquisition performance: An extended resource-based view," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 21-30.
- Peter Ping Li & Shameen Prashantham & Abby Jingzi Zhou & Steven Shijin Zhou, 2022. "Compositional springboarding and EMNE evolution," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 53(4), pages 754-766, June.
- Jesús F. Lampón & Santiago Lago-Peñas, 2013.
"Factors behind international relocation and changes in production geography in the European automobile components industry,"
2013/16, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Lampón, Jesús F. & Lago-Peñas, Santiago, 2013. "Factors behind international relocation and changes in production geography in the European automobile components industry," MPRA Paper 45659, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chen, Feiqiong & Liu, Huiqian & Ge, Yuhao, 2021. "How does integration affect industrial innovation through networks in technology-sourcing overseas M&A? A comparison between China and the US," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 122(C), pages 281-292.
- Reddy, Kotapati Srinivasa, 2015. "Extant Reviews on Entry-mode/Internationalization, Mergers & Acquisitions, and Diversification: Understanding Theories and Establishing Interdisciplinary Research," MPRA Paper 63744, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2015.
- Augustin, Patrick & Brenner, Menachem & Grass, Gunnar & Subrahmanyam, Marti G., 2016. "How do insiders trade?," CFS Working Paper Series 541, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Tschoegl, Adrian E., 2004.
"Who owns the major US subsidiaries of foreign banks?: A note,"
Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 255-266, July.
- Adrian E. Tschoegl, 2003. "Who Owns the Major US Subsidiaries of Foreign Banks? A Note," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 03-11, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Reddy, K.S. & Xie, En & Huang, Yuanyuan, 2016. "Cross-border acquisitions by state-owned and private enterprises: A perspective from emerging economies," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 1147-1170.
- Xie, En & Reddy, K.S. & Liang, Jie, 2017. "Country-specific determinants of cross-border mergers and acquisitions: A comprehensive review and future research directions," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 127-183.
- Dang, Man & Henry, Darren & Nguyen, Manh Toan & Hoang, Viet Anh, 2018. "Cross-country determinants of ownership choices in cross-border acquisitions: Evidence from emerging markets," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 14-35.
More about this item
- R00 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General - - - General
- Z0 - Other Special Topics - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ibn:ibrjnl:v:14:y:2021:i:7:p:36. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/cepflch.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Canadian Center of Science and Education (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/cepflch.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.