Investigating the Relationship between Knowledge Management Processes and Innovation Levels: Managers and Experts of Software Design Companies of Isfahan Province
The purpose of this paper is to study the relationship between the knowledge management processes and innovation levels among the managers and experts of software design companies of Isfahan Province. Standard evaluating questionnaire of Daroach's innovation and knowledge management which was based on Likret scale (from 1-very low to 5_very high) has been used to measure the studied variables. To evaluate its reliability, the Cronbach's Alpha coefficient has been applied. The population included the managers and experts of software design companies of Isfahan Province numbering 390 people from which a sample size of 77 people has been yielded using Cochran's formula. Considering the sample size, the questionnaire has been distributed by random among the 77 people of managers and experts of the software design companies of Isfahan Province. The results have been analyzed using the SPSSwin18 software. The Pearson's correlation test has been used to test the hypotheses. The results indicating that among the processes of knowledge, there is not a significant relationship between the knowledge acquisition and Knowledge dissemination and not also between the Knowledge dissemination and responsiveness to knowledge, but there is a direct and significant relationship between the knowledge acquisition and Responsiveness to knowledge. However there is a direct and significant relationship between the knowledge acquisition, Responsiveness to knowledge and innovation but there is no significant relationship between the Knowledge dissemination and innovation. In addition, the relationship between the processes of knowledge management and innovation levels has been studied one –on- one. The resulted the analysis indicated that there is a direct and significant relationship between the knowledge acquisition and all the levels of innovation except the Change level in productions to reduce the costs and on the other hand there is no significant relationship between the knowledge dissemination and all the levels of innovation.
Volume (Year): 3 (2013)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://hrmars.com/index.php/pages/detail/Accounting-Finance-Journal|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cantner, Uwe & Joel, Kristin & Schmidt, Tobias, 2011.
"The effects of knowledge management on innovative success – An empirical analysis of German firms,"
Elsevier, vol. 40(10), pages 1453-1462.
- Cantner, Uwe & Joel, Kristin & Schmidt, Tobias, 2009. "The effects of knowledge management on innovative success: an empirical analysis of German firms," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2009,16, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Uwe Cantner & Kristin Joel & Tobias Schmidt, 2009. "The effects of knowledge management on innovative success - an empirical analysis of German firms," Jena Economic Research Papers 2009-037, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Yin-Kuan Ng & Voon-Hsien Lee & Alex Tun-Lee Foo & Pei-Lee Gan, 2012. "The Relationship between Knowledge Management Practices and Technological Innovation: A Conceptual Framework," International Journal of Management, Knowledge and Learning, International School for Social and Business Studies, Celje, Slovenia, vol. 1(1), pages 71-89.
- Isabelle Huault & V. Perret & S. Charreire-Petit, 2007. "Management," Post-Print halshs-00337676, HAL. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hur:ijaraf:v:3:y:2013:i:2:p:50-59. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Hassan Danial Aslam)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.