Sustainable Tourism in Practice: Promoting or Perverting the Quest for a Sustainable Development?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Druckman, Angela & Jackson, Tim, 2009. "The carbon footprint of UK households 1990-2004: A socio-economically disaggregated, quasi-multi-regional input-output model," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(7), pages 2066-2077, May.
- Bill Hopwood & Mary Mellor & Geoff O'Brien, 2005. "Sustainable development: mapping different approaches," Sustainable Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(1), pages 38-52.
- Norman, Wayne & MacDonald, Chris, 2004. "Getting to the Bottom of â€œTriple Bottom Lineâ€," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 14(2), pages 243-262, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Federica Buffa, 2015. "Young Tourists and Sustainability. Profiles, Attitudes, and Implications for Destination Strategies," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(10), pages 1-21, October.
- Lingling Chen & Brijesh Thapa & Wei Yan, 2018. "The Relationship between Tourism, Carbon Dioxide Emissions, and Economic Growth in the Yangtze River Delta, China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(7), pages 1-20, June.
- Petra Andries & Alain Daou, 2016. "Teaching Case: ViaVia Yogyakarta: Choosing the Right Strategy to Maximize Social Impact," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(1), pages 1-19, January.
- Ren-Fang Chao, 2015. "Development of Slow Tourism Challenge and Operation Architecture: A Case Study on Green Island, Taiwan," Acta Oeconomica, Akadémiai Kiadó, Hungary, vol. 65(supplemen), pages 351-367, December.
- Ivan Paunović & Verka Jovanović, 2017. "Implementation of Sustainable Tourism in the German Alps: A Case Study," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(2), pages 1-15, February.
- Adina Letiţia Negruşa & Valentin Toader & Aurelian Sofică & Mihaela Filofteia Tutunea & Rozalia Veronica Rus, 2015. "Exploring Gamification Techniques and Applications for Sustainable Tourism," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(8), pages 1-30, August.
- Fabio Zagonari, 2019. "Multi-Criteria, Cost-Benefit, and Life-Cycle Analyses for Decision-Making to Support Responsible, Sustainable, and Alternative Tourism," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(4), pages 1-35, February.
- Adrian-Liviu Scutariu & Carmen Nastase & Mihai Popescu, 2016. "Perspectives of Sustainable Development of Tourism in the North-East Region of Romania," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(1), pages 1-14, December.
- Daniela Ruxandra Andrei & Rodica-Manuela Gogonea & Marian Zaharia & Jean-Vasile Andrei, 2014. "Is Romanian Rural Tourism Sustainable? Revealing Particularities," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(12), pages 1-13, December.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:8:y:2016:i:1:p:70:d:62074 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mashudu Andra Mabibibi & Kaitano Dube & Konanani Thwala, 2021. "Successes and Challenges in Sustainable Development Goals Localisation for Host Communities around Kruger National Park," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(10), pages 1-16, May.
- Else Ragni Yttredal & Nathalie Homlong, 2020. "Perception of Sustainable Development in a Local World Heritage Perspective," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(21), pages 1-19, October.
- Rodica-Manuela Gogonea & Adrian Aurel Baltălungă & Adrian Nedelcu & Daniela Dumitrescu, 2017. "Tourism Pressure at the Regional Level in the Context of Sustainable Development in Romania," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(5), pages 1-24, April.
- Tae-Hyoung Tommy Gim, 2018. "Tourist Satisfaction, Image, and Loyalty from an Interregional Perspective: An Analysis of Neighboring Areas with Distinct Characteristics," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(4), pages 1-18, April.
- Kaitano Dube, 2021. "Sustainable Development Goals Localisation in the Hospitality Sector in Botswana and Zimbabwe," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(15), pages 1-15, July.
- Huihui Feng & Xingpeng Chen & Peter Heck & Hong Miao, 2014. "An Entropy-Perspective Study on the Sustainable Development Potential of Tourism Destination Ecosystem in Dunhuang, China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(12), pages 1-27, December.
- Lucimari Acosta Pereira & Pablo Flôres Limberger & Luiz Carlos Da Silva Flores & Melise De Lima Pereira, 2018. "An Empirical Investigation of Destination Branding: The Case of the City of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(1), pages 1-17, December.
- Næss, Petter & Xue, Jin & Stefansdottir, Harpa & Steffansen, Rasmus & Richardson, Tim, 2019. "Second home mobility, climate impacts and travel modes: Can sustainability obstacles be overcome?," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 1-1.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Domingo Gil-Giménez & Gladys Rolo-González & Ernesto Suárez & Gabriel Muinos, 2021. "The Influence of Environmental Self-Identity on the Relationship between Consumer Identities and Frugal Behavior," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(17), pages 1-15, August.
- Rambaud, Alexandre & Richard, Jacques, 2015. "The “Triple Depreciation Line” instead of the “Triple Bottom Line”: Towards a genuine integrated reporting," CRITICAL PERSPECTIVES ON ACCOUNTING, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 92-116.
- Alberto Gago & Xavier Labandeira & Xiral López Otero, 2014. "A Panorama on Energy Taxes and Green Tax Reforms," Hacienda Pública Española / Review of Public Economics, IEF, vol. 208(1), pages 145-190, March.
- Xinkuo Xu & Liyan Han, 2017. "Diverse Effects of Consumer Credit on Household Carbon Emissions at Quantiles: Evidence from Urban China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(9), pages 1-25, September.
- Yu Wang & Shanyong Wang & Jing Wang & Jiuchang Wei & Chenglin Wang, 2020. "An empirical study of consumers’ intention to use ride-sharing services: using an extended technology acceptance model," Transportation, Springer, vol. 47(1), pages 397-415, February.
- Espinoza-Tenorio, Alejandro & Espejel, Ileana & Wolff, Matthias, 2015. "From adoption to implementation? An academic perspective on Sustainable Fisheries Management in a developing country," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 252-260.
- Erwin Van Tuijl & Leo Van den Berg, 2016. "Annual City Festivals as Tools for Sustainable Competitiveness: The World Port Days Rotterdam," Economies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(2), pages 1-13, May.
- Chen, Shih-Chih & Hung, Chung-Wen, 2016. "Elucidating the factors influencing the acceptance of green products: An extension of theory of planned behavior," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 155-163.
- Chitnis, Mona & Sorrell, Steve & Druckman, Angela & Firth, Steven K. & Jackson, Tim, 2014. "Who rebounds most? Estimating direct and indirect rebound effects for different UK socioeconomic groups," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 12-32.
- Mario Pansera & Fabien Martinez, 2017. "Innovation for development and poverty reduction: an integrative literature review," Post-Print hal-02887777, HAL.
- Dawid Szostek, 2019. "The Impact of the Quality of Interpersonal Relationships between Employees on Counterproductive Work Behavior: A Study of Employees in Poland," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(21), pages 1-33, October.
- Yulei Xie & Ling Ji & Beibei Zhang & Gordon Huang, 2018. "Evolution of the Scientific Literature on Input–Output Analysis: A Bibliometric Analysis of 1990–2017," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(9), pages 1-17, September.
- Chitnis, Mona & Sorrell, Steve, 2015. "Living up to expectations: Estimating direct and indirect rebound effects for UK households," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(S1), pages 100-116.
- Alpaslan Kelleci & Oğuz Yıldız, 2021. "A Guiding Framework for Levels of Sustainability in Marketing," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(4), pages 1-14, February.
- Walter J.V. Vermeulen, 2015. "Self‐Governance for Sustainable Global Supply Chains: Can it Deliver the Impacts Needed?," Business Strategy and the Environment, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(2), pages 73-85, February.
- Chiara Mio & Silvia Panfilo & Benedetta Blundo, 2020. "Sustainable development goals and the strategic role of business: A systematic literature review," Business Strategy and the Environment, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(8), pages 3220-3245, December.
- Xin Huang & Xianling Jiang & Wei Liu & Qian Chen, 2021. "Business Group-Affiliation and Corporate Social Responsibility: Evidence from Listed Companies in China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(4), pages 1-21, February.
- Scott Kelly & Michael Pollitt & Doug Crawford-Brown, 2011.
"Building performance evaluation and certification in the UK: a critical review of SAP?,"
EPRG 1219, Energy Policy Research Group, Cambridge Judge Business School, University of Cambridge.
- Kelly, S. & Pollitt, M. & Crawford-Brown, D., 2012. "Building performance evaluation and certification in the UK: a critical review of SAP?," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1238, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Sara Sousa, 2021. "Environmental Taxation in Portugal: A Contribution to Sustainability," Eurasian Studies in Business and Economics, in: Mehmet Huseyin Bilgin & Hakan Danis & Ender Demir & Sofia Vale (ed.), Eurasian Economic Perspectives, pages 369-382, Springer.
- Michelle M. Olivier & Benjamin P. Wilson & Jonathon L. Howard, 2016. "Measuring Localisation Regionally to Form a Bhutanese Index," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(7), pages 1-19, July.
More about this item
Keywordssustainable tourism; triple bottom line approach; transformation;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jsusta:v:6:y:2014:i:5:p:2562-2583:d:35633. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: XML Conversion Team (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com/ .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.