On the Non-Compliance in the North Sea Cod Stock
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kraak, Sarah B.M. & Bailey, Nick & Cardinale, Massimiliano & Darby, Chris & De Oliveira, José A.A. & Eero, Margit & Graham, Norman & Holmes, Steven & Jakobsen, Tore & Kempf, Alexander & Kirkegaard, Es, 2013. "Lessons for fisheries management from the EU cod recovery plan," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 200-213.
- Standal, Dag & Bouwer Utne, Ingrid, 2007. "Can cod farming affect cod fishing? A system evaluation of sustainability," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 527-534, July.
- Davies, R.W.D. & Rangeley, R., 2010. "Banking on cod: Exploring economic incentives for recovering Grand Banks and North Sea cod fisheries," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 92-98, January.
- Khalilian, Setareh & Froese, Rainer & Proelss, Alexander & Requate, Till, 2010. "Designed for failure: A critique of the Common Fisheries Policy of the European Union," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 1178-1182, November.
- Da Rocha, José-María & Cerviño, Santiago & Villasante, Sebastian, 2012. "The Common Fisheries Policy: An enforcement problem," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 1309-1314.
- Villasante, Sebastian & Sumaila, Ussif Rashid, 2010. "Estimating the effects of technological efficiency on the European fishing fleet," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 720-722, May.
- Ussif Rashid Sumaila & William Cheung & Andrew Dyck & Kamal Gueye & Ling Huang & Vicky Lam & Daniel Pauly & Thara Srinivasan & Wilf Swartz & Reginald Watson & Dirk Zeller, 2012. "Benefits of Rebuilding Global Marine Fisheries Outweigh Costs," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 7(7), pages 1-12, July.
- Schrank, William E., 2005. "The Newfoundland fishery: ten years after the moratorium," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 407-420, September.
- Colin W. Clark & Gordon R. Munro & U. Rashid Sumaila, 2010. "Limits to the Privatization of Fishery Resources," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 86(2), pages 209-218.
- Eero, Margit & Köster, Friedrich W. & Vinther, Morten, 2012. "Why is the Eastern Baltic cod recovering?," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 235-240, January.
- Diekert, Florian K. & Hjermann, Dag Ø. & Nævdal, Eric & Stenseth, Nils Chr., 2010. "Non-cooperative exploitation of multi-cohort fisheries--The role of gear selectivity in the North-East Arctic cod fishery," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 78-92, January.
- Villasante, Sebastián, 2012. "The management of the blue whiting fishery as complex social-ecological system: The Galician case," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 1301-1308.
- Sterner, Thomas, 2007. "Unobserved diversity, depletion and irreversibility The importance of subpopulations for management of cod stocks," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(2-3), pages 566-574, March.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Tahvonen, Olli & Quaas, Martin F. & Voss, Rüdiger, 2018. "Harvesting selectivity and stochastic recruitment in economic models of age-structured fisheries," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 659-676.
- Colla-De-Robertis, Esteban & Da-Rocha, Jose-Maria & García-Cutrin, Javier & Gutiérrez, María-José & Prellezo, Raul, 2018. "A bayesian estimation of the economic effects of the Common Fisheries Policy on the Galician Fleet: a dynamic stochastic general equilibrium approach," MPRA Paper 89944, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Surís-Regueiro, Juan C. & Garza-Gil, M. Dolores & Varela-Lafuente, Manuel M., 2014. "Socio-economic quantification of fishing in a European urban area: The case of Vigo," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 347-358.
- Santiago, Jose L. & Ballesteros, Marta A. & Chapela, Rosa & Silva, Cristina & Nielsen, Kåre N. & Rangel, Mafalda & Erzini, Karim & Wise, Laura & Campos, Aida & Borges, Maria F. & Sala, Antonello & Vir, 2015. "Is Europe ready for a results-based approach to fisheries management? The voice of stakeholders," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 86-97.
- Carpenter, Griffin & Kleinjans, Richard & Villasante, Sebastian & O’Leary, Bethan C., 2016. "Landing the blame: The influence of EU Member States on quota setting," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 9-15.
- Wisdom Akpalu, 2013. "Foreign Aid and Sustainable Fisheries Management in Sub-Saharan Africa," WIDER Working Paper Series wp-2013-100, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Chuan-Zhong Li & Sebastian Villasante & Xueqin Zhu, 2016. "Regime Shifts and Resilience in Fisheries Management: A Case Study of the Argentinean Hake fishery," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 65(3), pages 623-637, November.
- Stoeven, Max T. & Quaas, Martin F., 2012. "Privatizing renewable resources: Who gains, who loses?," Economics Working Papers 2012-02, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
- Teh, Louise S.L. & Teh, Lydia C.L. & Rashid Sumaila, U., 2014. "Time preference of small-scale fishers in open access and traditionally managed reef fisheries," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 222-231.
- Kahmann, Birte & Stumpf, Klara Helene & Baumgärtner, Stefan, 2015. "Notions of justice held by stakeholders of the Newfoundland fishery," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 37-50.
- Dana Miller & Stefano Mariani, 2013. "Irish fish, Irish people: roles and responsibilities for an emptying ocean," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 529-546, April.
- Zijin Xie & Ayumi Onuma, 2021. "Biodiversity Conservation under ICDPs in a Bioeconomic Model: Nonprofit vs For-Profit National Parks," Keio-IES Discussion Paper Series 2021-001, Institute for Economics Studies, Keio University.
- Nolde Nielsen, Kåre & Holm, Petter & Aschan, Michaela, 2015. "Results based management in fisheries: Delegating responsibility to resource users," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 442-451.
- Martin F. Quaas & Ralph Winkler, 2017. "A Market Mechanism for Sustainable and Efficient Resource Use under Uncertainty," CESifo Working Paper Series 6524, CESifo.
- Grafton, R. Quentin & Kompas, Tom & Chu, Long & Che, Nhu, 2010.
"Maximum economic yield,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 54(3), pages 1-8.
- R. Quentin Grafton & Tom Kompas & Long Chu & Nhu Che, 2010. "Maximum economic yield," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 54(3), pages 273-280, July.
- Sean Pascoe & Tomas A. Okey & Shane Griffiths, 2008.
"Economic and ecosystem impacts of illegal, unregulated and unreported (IUU) fishing in Northern Australia ,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 52(4), pages 433-452, December.
- Pascoe, Sean & Okey, Tomas A. & Griffiths, Shane, 2008. "Economic and ecosystem impacts of illegal, unregulated and unreported (IUU) fishing in Northern Australia," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 54(4), pages 1-20, December.
- Ren, Bijie & Polasky, Stephen, 2014. "The optimal management of renewable resources under the risk of potential regime shift," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 195-212.
- Maroto, Jose M. & Moran, Manuel, 2008. "Increasing marginal returns and the danger of collapse of commercially valuable fish stocks," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(1-2), pages 422-428, December.
- Cecilia Hammarlund, 2015. "The Big, the Bad, and the Average: Hedonic Prices and Inverse Demand for Baltic Cod," Marine Resource Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 30(2), pages 157-177.
- Hans Frost & Peder Andersen & Ayoe Hoff, 2013. "Management of Complex Fisheries: Lessons Learned from a Simulation Model," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 61(2), pages 283-307, June.
More about this item
Keywords(Un)observed scientific advice; total allowable catches; economic value of North Sea cod ( Gadus morhua ) stock; Common Fisheries Policy Reform;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jsusta:v:5:y:2013:i:5:p:1974-1993:d:25429. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: MDPI Indexing Manager (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.