On the Non-Compliance in the North Sea Cod Stock
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- World Bank & Food and Agriculture Organization, 2009. "The Sunken Billions : The Economic Justification for Fisheries Reform," World Bank Publications - Books, The World Bank Group, number 2596, December.
- Standal, Dag & Bouwer Utne, Ingrid, 2007. "Can cod farming affect cod fishing? A system evaluation of sustainability," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 527-534, July.
- Villasante, Sebastian & Sumaila, Ussif Rashid, 2010. "Estimating the effects of technological efficiency on the European fishing fleet," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 720-722, May.
- Eero, Margit & Köster, Friedrich W. & Vinther, Morten, 2012. "Why is the Eastern Baltic cod recovering?," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 235-240, January.
- Diekert, Florian K. & Hjermann, Dag Ø. & Nævdal, Eric & Stenseth, Nils Chr., 2010. "Non-cooperative exploitation of multi-cohort fisheries--The role of gear selectivity in the North-East Arctic cod fishery," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 78-92, January.
- Rainer Froese, 2011. "Fishery reform slips through the net," Nature, Nature, vol. 475(7354), pages 7-7, July.
- Kraak, Sarah B.M. & Bailey, Nick & Cardinale, Massimiliano & Darby, Chris & De Oliveira, José A.A. & Eero, Margit & Graham, Norman & Holmes, Steven & Jakobsen, Tore & Kempf, Alexander & Kirkegaard, Es, 2013. "Lessons for fisheries management from the EU cod recovery plan," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 200-213.
- Davies, R.W.D. & Rangeley, R., 2010. "Banking on cod: Exploring economic incentives for recovering Grand Banks and North Sea cod fisheries," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 92-98, January.
- Khalilian, Setareh & Froese, Rainer & Proelss, Alexander & Requate, Till, 2010. "Designed for failure: A critique of the Common Fisheries Policy of the European Union," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 1178-1182, November.
- Da Rocha, José-María & Cerviño, Santiago & Villasante, Sebastian, 2012. "The Common Fisheries Policy: An enforcement problem," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 1309-1314.
- Ussif Rashid Sumaila & William Cheung & Andrew Dyck & Kamal Gueye & Ling Huang & Vicky Lam & Daniel Pauly & Thara Srinivasan & Wilf Swartz & Reginald Watson & Dirk Zeller, 2012. "Benefits of Rebuilding Global Marine Fisheries Outweigh Costs," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 7(7), pages 1-12, July.
- Schrank, William E., 2005. "The Newfoundland fishery: ten years after the moratorium," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 407-420, September.
- F. Chapin & Steward Pickett & Mary Power & Robert Jackson & David Carter & Clifford Duke, 2011. "Earth stewardship: a strategy for social–ecological transformation to reverse planetary degradation," Journal of Environmental Studies and Sciences, Springer;Association of Environmental Studies and Sciences, vol. 1(1), pages 44-53, March.
- Colin W. Clark & Gordon R. Munro & U. Rashid Sumaila, 2010. "Limits to the Privatization of Fishery Resources," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 86(2), pages 209-218.
- Villasante, Sebastián, 2012. "The management of the blue whiting fishery as complex social-ecological system: The Galician case," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 1301-1308.
- Sterner, Thomas, 2007. "Unobserved diversity, depletion and irreversibility The importance of subpopulations for management of cod stocks," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(2-3), pages 566-574, March.
- Nicolás L. Gutiérrez & Ray Hilborn & Omar Defeo, 2011. "Leadership, social capital and incentives promote successful fisheries," Nature, Nature, vol. 470(7334), pages 386-389, February.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Dana Miller & Stefano Mariani, 2013. "Irish fish, Irish people: roles and responsibilities for an emptying ocean," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 529-546, April.
- Santiago, Jose L. & Ballesteros, Marta A. & Chapela, Rosa & Silva, Cristina & Nielsen, Kåre N. & Rangel, Mafalda & Erzini, Karim & Wise, Laura & Campos, Aida & Borges, Maria F. & Sala, Antonello & Vir, 2015. "Is Europe ready for a results-based approach to fisheries management? The voice of stakeholders," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 86-97.
- Stoeven, Max T. & Quaas, Martin F., 2012. "Privatizing renewable resources: Who gains, who loses?," Economics Working Papers 2012-02, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
- Hans Frost & Peder Andersen & Ayoe Hoff, 2013. "Management of Complex Fisheries: Lessons Learned from a Simulation Model," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 61(2), pages 283-307, June.
- Andrés M Cisneros-Montemayor & Daniel Pauly & Lauren V Weatherdon & Yoshitaka Ota, 2016. "A Global Estimate of Seafood Consumption by Coastal Indigenous Peoples," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 11(12), pages 1-16, December.
- Sean Pascoe & Trevor Hutton & Eriko Hoshino & Miriana Sporcic & Satoshi Yamasaki & Tom Kompas, 2020. "Effectiveness of harvest strategies in achieving multiple management objectives in a multispecies fishery," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 64(3), pages 700-723, July.
- Stanford, Richard J. & Wiryawan, Budy & Bengen, Dietriech G. & Febriamansyah, Rudi & Haluan, John, 2014. "Improving livelihoods in fishing communities of West Sumatra: More than just boats and machines," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 16-25.
- Rivera, Antonella & Gelcich, Stefan & García-Florez, Lucia & Alcázar, Jorge Luis & Acuña, José Luis, 2014. "Co-management in Europe: Insights from the gooseneck barnacle fishery in Asturias, Spain," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 50(PA), pages 300-308.
- Tahvonen, Olli & Quaas, Martin F. & Voss, Rüdiger, 2018. "Harvesting selectivity and stochastic recruitment in economic models of age-structured fisheries," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 659-676.
- Nielsen, Max & Ravensbeck, Lars & Nielsen, Rasmus, 2014. "Green growth in fisheries," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 43-52.
- Kanik, Zafer & Kucuksenel, Serkan, 2016. "Quota implementation of the maximum sustainable yield for age-structured fisheries," MPRA Paper 70535, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Colla-De-Robertis, Esteban & Da-Rocha, Jose-Maria & García-Cutrin, Javier & Gutiérrez, María-José & Prellezo, Raul, 2018. "A bayesian estimation of the economic effects of the Common Fisheries Policy on the Galician Fleet: a dynamic stochastic general equilibrium approach," MPRA Paper 89944, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Thomas A Oliver & Kirsten L L Oleson & Hajanaina Ratsimbazafy & Daniel Raberinary & Sophie Benbow & Alasdair Harris, 2015. "Positive Catch & Economic Benefits of Periodic Octopus Fishery Closures: Do Effective, Narrowly Targeted Actions ‘Catalyze’ Broader Management?," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 10(6), pages 1-24, June.
- Surís-Regueiro, Juan C. & Garza-Gil, M. Dolores & Varela-Lafuente, Manuel M., 2014. "Socio-economic quantification of fishing in a European urban area: The case of Vigo," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 347-358.
- Carpenter, Griffin & Kleinjans, Richard & Villasante, Sebastian & O’Leary, Bethan C., 2016. "Landing the blame: The influence of EU Member States on quota setting," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 9-15.
- Schaap, Robbert & Richter, Andries, 2019. "Overcapitalization and social norms of cooperation in a small-scale fishery," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 166(C), pages 1-1.
- Wisdom Akpalu, 2013. "Foreign Aid and Sustainable Fisheries Management in Sub-Saharan Africa," WIDER Working Paper Series wp-2013-100, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Simon Levin & Anastasios Xepapadeas, 2021.
"On the Coevolution of Economic and Ecological Systems,"
Annual Review of Resource Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 13(1), pages 355-377, October.
- Simon Levin & Anastasios Xepapadeas, 2020. "On the Co-evolution of Economic and Ecological Systems," DEOS Working Papers 2034, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Richter, Andries & Dakos, Vasilis, 2015. "Profit fluctuations signal eroding resilience of natural resources," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 117(C), pages 12-21.
- Craig Leisher & Leah H. Samberg & Pieter Van Buekering & M. Sanjayan, 2013. "Focal Areas for Measuring the Human Well-Being Impacts of a Conservation Initiative," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 5(3), pages 1-14, March.
More about this item
Keywords(Un)observed scientific advice; total allowable catches; economic value of North Sea cod ( Gadus morhua ) stock; Common Fisheries Policy Reform;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jsusta:v:5:y:2013:i:5:p:1974-1993:d:25429. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: MDPI Indexing Manager (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.