Is the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor an Opportunity or a Threat for Small and Micro-Entrepreneurs? Empirical Evidence from Northern Pakistan
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Liaqat Ali & Jianing Mi & Mussawar Shah & Sayed Jamal Shah & Salim khan & Kausar BiBi, 2017. "The Potential Socio-Economic Impact of China Pakistan Economic Corridor," Asian Development Policy Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 5(4), pages 191-198, December.
- Baldwin, John & Picot, Garnett, 1995.
"Employment Generation by Small Producers in the Canadian Manufacturing Sector,"
Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 7(4), pages 317-331, August.
- Picot, Garnett & Baldwin, John R., 1994. "Employment Generation by Small Producers in the Canadian Manufacturing Sector," Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series 1994070e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Nichter, Simeon & Goldmark, Lara, 2009. "Small Firm Growth in Developing Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(9), pages 1453-1464, September.
- Jovanovic, Boyan, 1982. "Selection and the Evolution of Industry," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(3), pages 649-670, May.
- Mead, Donald C. & Liedholm, Carl, 1998. "The dynamics of micro and small enterprises in developing countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 61-74, January.
- Marie kirsten & Christian Rogerson, 2002. "Tourism, business linkages and small enterprise development in South Africa," Development Southern Africa, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(1), pages 29-59.
- McPherson, Michael A., 1996. "Growth of micro and small enterprises in southern Africa," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 253-277, March.
- Ishtiaq Ahmad & Judit Oláh & József Popp & Domicián Máté, 2018. "Does Business Group Affiliation Matter for Superior Performance? Evidence from Pakistan," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(9), pages 1-1, August.
- Norman R. Smith & John B. Miner, 1983. "Type of entrepreneur, type of firm, and managerial motivation: Implications for organizational life cycle theory," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4(4), pages 325-340, October.
- Audretsch, David B. & Santarelli, Enrico & Vivarelli, Marco, 1999. "Start-up size and industrial dynamics: some evidence from Italian manufacturing," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 17(7), pages 965-983, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Khalid Mehmood Alam & Li Xuemei & Saranjam Baig & Li Yadong & Akber Aman Shah, 2020. "Analysis of Technical, Pure Technical and Scale Efficiencies of Pakistan Railways Using Data Envelopment Analysis and Tobit Regression Model," Networks and Spatial Economics, Springer, vol. 20(4), pages 989-1014, December.
- Aftab Ahmed Khan & Saranjam Muhammad Baig & Faqeer Muhammad, 2020. "China-Pakistan Economic Corridor, ICTs, and Digital Economy: A Cross-District Analysis of Baseline Data for Gilgit-Baltistan," Global Regional Review, Humanity Only, vol. 5(1), pages 207-221, March.
- Elena Aleksandrovna Egorycheva & Nataliya Valerievna Dyuzheva & Andrey Vladimirovich Girinskiy & Ekaterina Petrovna Makarova Korobeinikova, 2020. "China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) as a Flagship of Chinese Belt and Road Initiative," International Journal of Economics & Business Administration (IJEBA), International Journal of Economics & Business Administration (IJEBA), vol. 0(Special 1), pages 353-363.
More about this item
KeywordsCPEC; tourism; micro-entrepreneurs; small enterprises; sustainability; Gilgit-Baltistan;
- Q - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics
- Q0 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General
- Q2 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation
- Q3 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation
- Q5 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
- O13 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jsusta:v:12:y:2020:i:5:p:1727-:d:325078. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (XML Conversion Team). General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.