Small Enterprise Growth and the Rural Investment Climate: Evidence from Tanzania
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Tidiane Kinda & Josef L. Loening, 2010. "Small Enterprise Growth and the Rural Investment Climate: Evidence from Tanzania," Post-Print hal-00465861, HAL.
- Kinda, Tidiane & Loening, Josef, 2010. "Small Enterprise Growth and the Rural Investment Climate: Evidence from Tanzania," MPRA Paper 25894, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kinda, Tidiane & Loening, Josef L., 2008. "Small enterprise growth and the rural investment climate : evidence from Tanzania," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4675, The World Bank.
References listed on IDEAS
- Arne Bigsten & Mans Söderbom, 2006.
"What Have We Learned from a Decade of Manufacturing Enterprise Surveys in Africa?,"
World Bank Research Observer,
World Bank Group, vol. 21(2), pages 241-265.
- Bigsten, Arne & Soderbom, Mans, 2005. "What have we learned from a decade of manufacturing enterprise surveys in Africa ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3798, The World Bank.
- Dollar, David & Hallward-Driemeier, Mary & Mengistae, Taye, 2005. "Investment Climate and Firm Performance in Developing Economies," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 54(1), pages 1-31, October.
- Barrett, C. B. & Reardon, T. & Webb, P., 2001. "Nonfarm income diversification and household livelihood strategies in rural Africa: concepts, dynamics, and policy implications," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 315-331, August.
- Meghana Ayyagari & Asli Demirgüç-Kunt & Vojislav Maksimovic, 2008.
"How Important Are Financing Constraints? The Role of Finance in the Business Environment,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 22(3), pages 483-516, November.
- Ayyagari, Meghana & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Maksimovic, Vojislav, 2006. "How important are financing constraints ? The role of finance in the business environment," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3820, The World Bank.
- Simon Johnson & John McMillan & Christopher Woodruff, 2002. "Property Rights and Finance," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(5), pages 1335-1356, December.
- Deininger, Klaus & Jin, Songqing & Sur, Mona, 2007.
"Sri Lanka's Rural Non-Farm Economy: Removing Constraints to Pro-Poor Growth,"
Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 2056-2078, December.
- Jin, Songqing & Deininger, Klaus W. & Sur, Mona, 2005. "Sri Lanka's Rural Non-farm Economy: Removing Constraints to Pro-poor Growth," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19280, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Loening, Josef & Rijkers, Bob & Soderbom, Mans, 2008. "Nonfarm microenterprise performance and the investment climate : evidence from rural Ethiopia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4577, The World Bank.
- Pablo Fajnzylber & William Maloney & Gabriel Montes Rojas, 2006. "Microenterprise Dynamics in Developing Countries: How Similar are They to Those in the Industrialized World? Evidence from Mexico," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 20(3), pages 389-419.
- Lanjouw, Peter & Quizon, Jaime & Sparrow, Robert, 2001. "Non-agricultural earnings in peri-urban areas of Tanzania: evidence from household survey data," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 385-403, August.
- Sleuwaegen, Leo & Goedhuys, Micheline, 2002. "Growth of firms in developing countries, evidence from Cote d'Ivoire," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 117-135, June.
- Jovanovic, Boyan, 1982. "Selection and the Evolution of Industry," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(3), pages 649-670, May.
- Mduma, John K. & Wobst, Peter, 2005. "Village Level Labor Market Development in Tanzania: Evidence from Spatial Econometrics," Discussion Papers 276260, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Evans, David S, 1987. "Tests of Alternative Theories of Firm Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(4), pages 657-674, August.
- Fisman, Raymond & Svensson, Jakob, 2007.
"Are corruption and taxation really harmful to growth? Firm level evidence,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 83(1), pages 63-75, May.
- Fisman, Raymond & Svensson, Jakob, 2000. "Are corruption and taxation really harmful to growth? - firm-level evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2485, The World Bank.
- McPherson, Michael A., 1996. "Growth of micro and small enterprises in southern Africa," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 253-277, March.
- Ellis, Frank & Mdoe, Ntengua, 2003. "Livelihoods and Rural Poverty Reduction in Tanzania," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(8), pages 1367-1384, August.
- Mead, Donald C. & Liedholm, Carl, 1998. "The dynamics of micro and small enterprises in developing countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 61-74, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dominic, Theresia & Theuvsen, Ludwig, 2015. "The Impact of External and Internal Factors on Strategic Management Practices of Agribusiness Firms in Tanzania," GlobalFood Discussion Papers 197072, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
- Kweka, Josaphat & Fox, Louise, 2011. "The household enterprise sector in Tanzania : why it matters and who cares," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5882, The World Bank.
- Dominic, Theresia & Theuvsen, Ludwig, 2015. "Agribusiness Firm Resources and Performance: The Mediating Role of Strategic Management Practices," GlobalFood Discussion Papers 200324, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
- Martijn A. Boermans & Daan Willebrands, 2018.
"Financial Constraints Matter: Empirical Evidence On Borrowing Behavior, Microfinance And Firm Productivity,"
Journal of Developmental Entrepreneurship (JDE),
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 23(02), pages 1-24, June.
- M.A. Boermans & Daan Willebrands, 2018. "Financial constraints matter : Empirical evidence on borrowing behavior, microfinance and firm productivity," Working Papers 18-02, Utrecht School of Economics.
- repec:bla:afrdev:v:29:y:2017:i:1:p:16-27 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:pal:eurjdr:v:31:y:2019:i:1:d:10.1057_s41287-018-0177-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alun H. Thomas, 2015. "Sub-Saharan Employment Developments; The Important Role of Household Enterprises with an Application to Rwanda," IMF Working Papers 15/185, International Monetary Fund.
- Lie, Helene & Rich, Karl M. & Kurwijila, Lusato R. & Jervell, Anne M., 2012. "Improving Smallholder Livelihoods Through Local Value Chain Development: A Case Study of Goat Milk Yogurt in Tanzania," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association, vol. 15(3), pages 1-32, September.
- Rijkers, Bob & Soderbom, Mans & Loening, Josef, 2009. "Mind the gap ? a rural-urban comparison of manufacturing firms," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4946, The World Bank.
- Martijn Boermans & Daan Willebrands, 2012. "Financial constraints, risk taking and firm performance: Recent evidence from microfinance clients in Tanzania," DNB Working Papers 358, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Girum Abebe, 2015. "State-inducement Versus Self-initiation: A Comparative Study of Micro and Small Enterprises in Ethiopia," Working Papers 013, Ethiopian Development Research Institute.
- Rijkers, Bob & Söderbom, Måns & Loening, Josef L., 2010. "A Rural-Urban Comparison of Manufacturing Enterprise Performance in Ethiopia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(9), pages 1278-1296, September.
More about this item
- J08 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - General - - - Labor Economics Policies
- L25 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Performance
- O55 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Africa
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:adb:adbadr:565. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John Anyanwu). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/afdbgci.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.