How Sport Tourism Event Image Fit Enhances Residents’ Perceptions of Place Image and Their Quality of Life
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Cheng-Yu Hsu & Mei-Yen Chen & Shih-Chieh Yang, 2019. "Residents’ Attitudes toward Support for Island Sustainable Tourism," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(18), pages 1-16, September.
- Uysal, Muzaffer & Sirgy, M. Joseph & Woo, Eunju & Kim, Hyelin (Lina), 2016. "Quality of life (QOL) and well-being research in tourism," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 244-261.
- Janet Neal & M. Sirgy & Muzaffer Uysal, 2004. "Measuring the Effect of Tourism Services on Travelers’ Quality of Life: Further Validation," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 69(3), pages 243-277, December.
- Woo, Eunju & Kim, Hyelin & Uysal, Muzaffer, 2015. "Life satisfaction and support for tourism development," Annals of Tourism Research, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 84-97.
- Vogt, Christine A. & Andereck, Kathleen L. & Pham, Kim, 2020. "Designing for quality of life and sustainability," Annals of Tourism Research, Elsevier, vol. 83(C).
- Kahle, Lynn R & Homer, Pamela M, 1985. "Physical Attractiveness of the Celebrity Endorser: A Social Adaptation Perspective," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(4), pages 954-961, March.
- Annick Hedlund-de Witt, 2014. "Rethinking Sustainable Development: Considering How Different Worldviews Envision “Development” and “Quality of Life”," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(11), pages 1-19, November.
- Liang, Zeng-Xian & Hui, Tak-Kee, 2016. "Residents’ quality of life and attitudes toward tourism development in China," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 56-67.
- Shmueli, Galit & Ray, Soumya & Velasquez Estrada, Juan Manuel & Chatla, Suneel Babu, 2016. "The elephant in the room: Predictive performance of PLS models," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(10), pages 4552-4564.
- McArthur, John W. & Rasmussen, Krista, 2019. "Classifying Sustainable Development Goal trajectories: A country-level methodology for identifying which issues and people are getting left behind," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 123(C), pages 1-1.
- Misra, Shekhar & Beatty, Sharon E., 1990. "Celebrity spokesperson and brand congruence : An assessment of recall and affect," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 159-173, September.
- Oshimi, Daichi & Harada, Munehiko, 2019. "Host residents’ role in sporting events: The city image perspective," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 263-275.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Huei-Fu Lu, 2021. "Hallmark Sporting Events as a Vehicle for Promoting the Sustainable Development of Regional Tourism: Strategic Perspectives from Stakeholders," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(6), pages 1-15, March.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Adalberto Santos-Júnior & Fernando Almeida-García & Paulo Morgado & Luiz Mendes-Filho, 2020. "Residents’ Quality of Life in Smart Tourism Destinations: A Theoretical Approach," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(20), pages 1-24, October.
- Lin, Zhibin & Chen, Ye & Filieri, Raffaele, 2017. "Resident-tourist value co-creation: The role of residents' perceived tourism impacts and life satisfaction," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 436-442.
- Kay Smith, Melanie & Diekmann, Anya, 2017. "Tourism and wellbeing," Annals of Tourism Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 1-13.
- Giovanni Perucca, 2019. "Residents’ Satisfaction with Cultural City Life: Evidence from EU Cities," Applied Research in Quality of Life, Springer;International Society for Quality-of-Life Studies, vol. 14(2), pages 461-478, April.
- Ilicic, Jasmina & Webster, Cynthia M., 2011. "Effects of multiple endorsements and consumer–celebrity attachment on attitude and purchase intention," Australasian marketing journal, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 230-237.
- Erfgen, Carsten & Zenker, Sebastian & Sattler, Henrik, 2015. "The vampire effect: When do celebrity endorsers harm brand recall?," International Journal of Research in Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 155-163.
- Bimonte, Salvatore & Faralla, Valeria, 2016. "Does residents' perceived life satisfaction vary with tourist season? A two-step survey in a Mediterranean destination," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 199-208.
- Leyla Jaoued-Abassi & Jean-Louis Chandon, 2007. "Celebrity endorsement in advertising: Are celebrity ads more effective than ads with unknown model or pure product ads? [Endossement par les célébrités : Les annonces avec endosseur célèbre sont-el," Post-Print hal-01128179, HAL.
- Sommer Kapitan & David H. Silvera, 2016. "From digital media influencers to celebrity endorsers: attributions drive endorser effectiveness," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 27(3), pages 553-567, September.
- Cruz-Milán, Oliver & Simpson, Joseph J. & Simpson, Penny M. & Choi, Wonseok, 2016. "Reassurance or reason for concern: Security forces as a crisis management strategy," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 114-125.
- Cho, Yoon-Na & Baskin, Ernest, 2018. "It's a match when green meets healthy in sustainability labeling," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 119-129.
- Leonardo Aureliano da Silva & Evandro Luiz Lopes & Otávio Bandeira De Lamônica Freire & Dirceu da Silva, 2015. "The Brand’s Effect on the Evaluation of Advertising Endorsed by Celebrities: an Experimental Study," Brazilian Business Review, Fucape Business School, vol. 12(4), pages 57-78, June.
- Haina Ding & Alexander Molchanov & Philip Stork, 2011. "The value of celebrity endorsements: A stock market perspective," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 22(2), pages 147-163, June.
- Ivlevs, Artjoms, 2016. "Happy Hosts? International Tourist Arrivals and Residents' Subjective Well-being in Europe," IZA Discussion Papers 10087, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Xu, Zhen & Islam, Tahir & Liang, Xiaobei & Akhtar, Naeem & Shahzad, Mohsin, 2021. "â€˜I'm like you, and I like what you likeâ€™ sustainable food purchase influenced by vloggers: A moderated serial-mediation model," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 63(C).
- Sue Bridgewater, 2014. "Sponsorship and football," Chapters, in: John Goddard & Peter Sloane (ed.), Handbook on the Economics of Professional Football, chapter 8, pages 117-129, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- María Ángeles Plaza-Mejía & Nuria Porras-Bueno & David Flores-Ruiz, 2020. "The Jungle of Support: What Do We Really Mean When We Say “Residents’ Support”?," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(18), pages 1-27, September.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/4202 is not listed on IDEAS
- Karasiewicz Grzegorz & Kowalczuk Martyna, 2014. "Effect of Celebrity Endorsement in Advertising Activities by Product Type," International Journal of Management and Economics, Warsaw School of Economics, Collegium of World Economy, vol. 44(1), pages 74-91, December.
- Saldanha, Natalya & Mulye, Rajendra & Rahman, Kaleel, 2018. "Who is the attached endorser? An examination of the attachment-endorsement spectrum," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 242-250.
- Dunja Demirović Bajrami & Adriana Radosavac & Marija Cimbaljević & Tatiana N. Tretiakova & Yulia A. Syromiatnikova, 2020. "Determinants of Residents’ Support for Sustainable Tourism Development: Implications for Rural Communities," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(22), pages 1-16, November.
More about this item
Keywordssport tourism events and sustainability; place image; QOL in a community; SDGs;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jsusta:v:12:y:2020:i:19:p:8227-:d:424282. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: XML Conversion Team (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com/ .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.