Advancing Sustainable Consumption in Korea and Japan—From Re-Orientation of Consumer Behavior to Civic Actions
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Barr, Stewart & Shaw, Gareth & Coles, Tim & Prillwitz, Jan, 2010. "‘A holiday is a holiday’: practicing sustainability, home and away," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 474-481.
- Ajzen, Icek, 1991. "The theory of planned behavior," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 179-211, December.
- Vladimir Melnyk & Erica Herpen & Arnout Fischer & Hans Trijp, 2013. "Regulatory fit effects for injunctive versus descriptive social norms: Evidence from the promotion of sustainable products," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 24(2), pages 191-203, June.
- Bagozzi, Richard P. & Baumgartner, Johann & Yi, Youjae, 1989. "An investigation into the role of intentions as mediators of the attitude-behavior relationship," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 35-62, March.
- Erica Herpen & Erjen Nierop & Laurens Sloot, 2012. "The relationship between in-store marketing and observed sales for organic versus fair trade products," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 23(1), pages 293-308, March.
- Michal Carrington & Benjamin Neville & Gregory Whitwell, 2010. "Why Ethical Consumers Don’t Walk Their Talk: Towards a Framework for Understanding the Gap Between the Ethical Purchase Intentions and Actual Buying Behaviour of Ethically Minded Consumers," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 97(1), pages 139-158, November.
- Maria Csutora, 2012. "One More Awareness Gap? The Behaviour–Impact Gap Problem," Journal of Consumer Policy, Springer, vol. 35(1), pages 145-163, March.
- Aaker, Jennifer L & Maheswaran, Durairaj, 1997. "The Effect of Cultural Orientation on Persuasion," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 24(3), pages 315-328, December.
- Louise M. Hassan & Edward Shiu & Deirdre Shaw, 2016. "Who Says There is an Intention–Behaviour Gap? Assessing the Empirical Evidence of an Intention–Behaviour Gap in Ethical Consumption," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 136(2), pages 219-236, June.
- Sonja Maria Geiger & Daniel Fischer & Ulf Schrader, 2018. "Measuring What Matters in Sustainable Consumption: An Integrative Framework for the Selection of Relevant Behaviors," Sustainable Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(1), pages 18-33, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Valeria Borsellino & Sina Ahmadi Kaliji & Emanuele Schimmenti, 2020. "COVID-19 Drives Consumer Behaviour and Agro-Food Markets towards Healthier and More Sustainable Patterns," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(20), pages 1-26, October.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Elena Kossmann & Mónica Gómez-Suárez, 2018. "Decision-making processes for purchases of ethical products: gaps between academic research and needs of marketing practitioners," International Review on Public and Nonprofit Marketing, Springer;International Association of Public and Non-Profit Marketing, vol. 15(3), pages 353-370, September.
- Nel, Jacques & Boshoff, Christo, 2021. "â€œI just don't like digital-only banks, and you should not use them eitherâ€ : Traditional-bank customers' opposition to using digital-only banks," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 59(C).
- Yadav, Rambalak & Pathak, Govind S., 2017. "Determinants of Consumers' Green Purchase Behavior in a Developing Nation: Applying and Extending the Theory of Planned Behavior," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 134(C), pages 114-122.
- Thapa Karki, Shova & Hubacek, Klaus, 2015. "Developing a conceptual framework for the attitude–intention–behaviour links driving illegal resource extraction in Bardia National Park, Nepal," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 117(C), pages 129-139.
- Lukasz Andrzej Derdowski & Åsa Helen Grahn & Håvard Hansen & Heidi Skeiseid, 2020. "The New Ecological Paradigm, Pro-Environmental Behaviour, and the Moderating Effects of Locus of Control and Self-Construal," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(18), pages 1-15, September.
- Balderjahn, Ingo & Peyer, Mathias & Seegebarth, Barbara & Wiedmann, Klaus-Peter & Weber, Anja, 2018. "The many faces of sustainability-conscious consumers: A category-independent typology," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 91(C), pages 83-93.
- Norris F. Krueger Jr. & Deborah V. Brazeal, 1994. "Entrepreneurial Potential and Potential Entrepreneurs," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, , vol. 18(3), pages 91-104, April.
- Deidre Bauer & Julia Arnold & Kerstin Kremer, 2018. "Consumption-Intention Formation in Education for Sustainable Development: An Adapted Model Based on the Theory of Planned Behavior," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(10), pages 1-13, September.
- Dirk C. Moosmayer & Yanyan Chen & Susannah M. Davis, 2019. "Deeds Not Words: A Cosmopolitan Perspective on the Influences of Corporate Sustainability and NGO Engagement on the Adoption of Sustainable Products in China," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 158(1), pages 135-154, August.
- Mussolino, Donata & Calabrò, Andrea, 2014. "Paternalistic leadership in family firms: Types and implications for intergenerational succession," Journal of Family Business Strategy, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 197-210.
- Gieure, Clara & Benavides-Espinosa, María del Mar & Roig-Dobón, Salvador, 2020. "The entrepreneurial process: The link between intentions and behavior," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 541-548.
- Jankowski, Anne Katharina & Höhler, Julia, 2017. "Mind The Gap: Determinanten Der Diskrepanz Von Verbrauchereinstellung Und Kaufverhalten Am Beispiel Gentechnikfreier Trinkmilch," 57th Annual Conference, Weihenstephan, Germany, September 13-15, 2017 262156, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- Thelma Quince & Hugh Whittaker, 2003. "Entrepreneurial Orientation and Entrepreneurs' Intentions and Objectives," Working Papers wp271, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Andrée Marie López-Fernández, 2020. "Price sensitivity versus ethical consumption: a study of Millennial utilitarian consumer behavior," Journal of Marketing Analytics, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 8(2), pages 57-68, June.
- Asim Nasar & Suzilawati Kamarudin & Adriana Mohd Rizal & Vu Thi Bich Ngoc & Samar Mohammad Shoaib, 2019. "Short-Term and Long-Term Entrepreneurial Intention Comparison between Pakistan and Vietnam," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(23), pages 1-26, November.
- Krause, Marlen S. & Matzdorf, Bettina, 2019. "The intention of companies to invest in biodiversity and ecosystem services credits through an online-marketplace," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 40(C).
- von Graevenitz, Georg & Harhoff, Dietmar & Weber, Richard, 2010.
"The effects of entrepreneurship education,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 76(1), pages 90-112, October.
- Weber, Richard & Graevenitz, Georg von & Harhoff, Dietmar, 2009. "The Effects of Entrepreneurship Education," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 269, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Georg von Graevenitz & Dietmar Harhoff & Richard Weber, 2010. "The Effects of Entrepreneurship Education," Post-Print hal-00856605, HAL.
- Weber, Richard & Graevenitz, Georg von & Harhoff, Dietmar, 2009. "The Effects of Entrepreneurship Education," Discussion Papers in Business Administration 10966, University of Munich, Munich School of Management.
- Andrée Marie López-Fernández, 0. "Price sensitivity versus ethical consumption: a study of Millennial utilitarian consumer behavior," Journal of Marketing Analytics, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 0, pages 1-12.
- Bettina A. Lorenz & Monika Hartmann & Stefan Hirsch & Olga Kanz & Nina Langen, 2017. "Determinants of Plate Leftovers in One German Catering Company," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(5), pages 1-17, May.
- Jingyang Zhou & Yanjun Qin & Shaoze Fang, 2019. "Impacts of Consumers and Real Estate Enterprises on the Implementation of Prefabrication in Residential Buildings: The Moderating Role of Incentive Policies," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(18), pages 1-17, September.
More about this item
Keywordssustainable consumption; descriptive norm; environmental awareness; pro-environmental self-identity; sustainability in Korea and Japan;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jsusta:v:11:y:2019:i:23:p:6683-:d:290958. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (XML Conversion Team). General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.