Pro-environmental purchase behaviour: The role of consumers' biospheric values
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Parsa, H.G. & Lord, Kenneth R. & Putrevu, Sanjay & Kreeger, Jeff, 2015. "Corporate social and environmental responsibility in services: Will consumers pay for it?," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 22(C), pages 250-260.
- McCarty, John A. & Shrum, L. J., 1994. "The recycling of solid wastes: Personal values, value orientations, and attitudes about recycling as antecedents of recycling behavior," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 53-62, May.
- Nilsson, Andreas & Hansla, André & Heiling, Joakim Malmborg & Bergstad, Cecilia Jakobsson & Martinsson, Johan, 2016. "Public acceptability towards environmental policy measures: Value-matching appeals," Environmental Science & Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 176-184.
- Ajzen, Icek, 1991. "The theory of planned behavior," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 179-211, December.
- Michal Carrington & Benjamin Neville & Gregory Whitwell, 2010. "Why Ethical Consumers Don’t Walk Their Talk: Towards a Framework for Understanding the Gap Between the Ethical Purchase Intentions and Actual Buying Behaviour of Ethically Minded Consumers," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 97(1), pages 139-158, November.
- Mills, Bradford & Schleich, Joachim, 2012.
"Residential energy-efficient technology adoption, energy conservation, knowledge, and attitudes: An analysis of European countries,"
Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 616-628.
- Bradford Mills & Joachim Schleich, 2012. "Residential Energy-Efficient Technology Adoption, Energy Conservation, Knowledge, and Attitudes: An Analysis of European Countries," Grenoble Ecole de Management (Post-Print) hal-00805711, HAL.
- Bradford Mills & Joachim Schleich, 2012. "Residential Energy-Efficient Technology Adoption, Energy Conservation, Knowledge, and Attitudes: An Analysis of European Countries," Post-Print hal-00805711, HAL.
- Perlaviciute, G. & Steg, L., 2015. "The influence of values on evaluations of energy alternatives," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 259-267.
- Rajdeep Grewal & Joseph A. Cote & Hans Baumgartner, 2004. "Multicollinearity and Measurement Error in Structural Equation Models: Implications for Theory Testing," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 23(4), pages 519-529, June.
- Perlaviciute, Goda & Steg, Linda, 2014. "Contextual and psychological factors shaping evaluations and acceptability of energy alternatives: Integrated review and research agenda," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 361-381.
- Naresh K. Malhotra & Sung S. Kim & Ashutosh Patil, 2006. "Common Method Variance in IS Research: A Comparison of Alternative Approaches and a Reanalysis of Past Research," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 52(12), pages 1865-1883, December.
- Hanh H. Dang & Axel Michaelowa & Dao D. Tuan, 2003. "Synergy of adaptation and mitigation strategies in the context of sustainable development: the case of Vietnam," Climate Policy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(sup1), pages 81-96, November.
- Camilla Barbarossa & Patrick Pelsmacker, 2016. "Positive and Negative Antecedents of Purchasing Eco-friendly Products: A Comparison Between Green and Non-green Consumers," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 134(2), pages 229-247, March.
- Tsarenko, Yelena & Ferraro, Carla & Sands, Sean & McLeod, Colin, 2013. "Environmentally conscious consumption: The role of retailers and peers as external influences," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 302-310.
- Paul, Justin & Modi, Ashwin & Patel, Jayesh, 2016. "Predicting green product consumption using theory of planned behavior and reasoned action," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 123-134.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Hoang Viet Nguyen & Ninh Nguyen & Bach Khoa Nguyen & Steven Greenland, 2021. "Sustainable Food Consumption: Investigating Organic Meat Purchase Intention by Vietnamese Consumers," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(2), pages 1-15, January.
- The Ninh Nguyen & Hoang Viet Nguyen & Antonio Lobo & The Son Dao, 2017. "Encouraging Vietnamese Household Recycling Behavior: Insights and Implications," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(2), pages 1-15, January.
- Verma, Vivek Kumar & Chandra, Bibhas & Kumar, Sumit, 2019. "Values and ascribed responsibility to predict consumers' attitude and concern towards green hotel visit intention," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 206-216.
- Yadav, Rambalak & Pathak, Govind S., 2017. "Determinants of Consumers' Green Purchase Behavior in a Developing Nation: Applying and Extending the Theory of Planned Behavior," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 134(C), pages 114-122.
- Magdalena Grębosz-Krawczyk & Agnieszka Zakrzewska-Bielawska & Sylwia Flaszewska, 2021. "From Words to Deeds: The Impact of Pro-Environmental Self-Identity on Green Energy Purchase Intention," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 14(18), pages 1-17, September.
- Ang, James B. & Fredriksson, Per G. & Sharma, Swati, 2020. "Individualism and the adoption of clean energy technology," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(C).
- Sreen, Naman & Purbey, Shankar & Sadarangani, Pradip, 2018. "Impact of culture, behavior and gender on green purchase intention," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 177-189.
- Lee, Stacy H.N. & Chow, Pui-Sze, 2020. "Investigating consumer attitudes and intentions toward online fashion renting retailing," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 52(C).
- StÃ¶ckigt, Gerrit & Schiebener, Johannes & Brand, Matthias, 2018. "Providing sustainability information in shopping situations contributes to sustainable decision making: An empirical study with choice-based conjoint analyses," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 188-199.
- Luis Enrique Valdez-Juárez & Dolores Gallardo-Vázquez & Elva Alicia Ramos-Escobar, 2021. "Online Buyers and Open Innovation: Security, Experience, and Satisfaction," Journal of Open Innovation: Technology, Market, and Complexity, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(1), pages 1-24, January.
- Francesco Testa & Gaia Pretner & Roberta Iovino & Guia Bianchi & Sara Tessitore & Fabio Iraldo, 2021. "Drivers to green consumption: a systematic review," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 23(4), pages 4826-4880, April.
- Moeun Saut & Tithdane Saing, 2021. "Factors affecting consumer purchase intention towards environmentally friendly products: a case of generation Z studying at universities in Phnom Penh," SN Business & Economics, Springer, vol. 1(6), pages 1-20, June.
- Moser, Andrea K., 2016. "Consumers' purchasing decisions regarding environmentally friendly products: An empirical analysis of German consumers," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 389-397.
- Schill, Marie & Godefroit-Winkel, Delphine & Diallo, Mbaye Fall & Barbarossa, Camilla, 2019. "Consumers’ intentions to purchase smart home objects: Do environmental issues matter?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 161(C), pages 176-185.
- Andreas Chatzidakis & Minas Kastanakis & Anastasia Stathopoulou, 2016. "Socio-Cognitive Determinants of Consumers’ Support for the Fair Trade Movement," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 133(1), pages 95-109, January.
- Chun-Hsi Vivian Chen & Yu-Cheng Chen, 2021. "Assessment of Enhancing Employee Engagement in Energy-Saving Behavior at Workplace: An Empirical Study," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(5), pages 1-18, February.
- Hsu, Dan K. & Burmeister-Lamp, Katrin & Simmons, Sharon A. & Foo, Maw-Der & Hong, Michelle C. & Pipes, Jesse D., 2019. "“I know I can, but I don't fit”: Perceived fit, self-efficacy, and entrepreneurial intention," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 311-326.
- Hsu, Chia-Lin & Chang, Chi-Ya & Yansritakul, Chutinart, 2017. "Exploring purchase intention of green skincare products using the theory of planned behavior: Testing the moderating effects of country of origin and price sensitivity," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 145-152.
- Elena Kossmann & Mónica Gómez-Suárez, 2018. "Decision-making processes for purchases of ethical products: gaps between academic research and needs of marketing practitioners," International Review on Public and Nonprofit Marketing, Springer;International Association of Public and Non-Profit Marketing, vol. 15(3), pages 353-370, September.
- Jaiswal, Deepak & Kant, Rishi, 2018. "Green purchasing behaviour: A conceptual framework and empirical investigation of Indian consumers," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 60-69.
More about this item
KeywordsPro-environmental purchase behaviour; Biospheric values; Past purchase behaviour;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:joreco:v:33:y:2016:i:c:p:98-108. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.elsevier.com/journal-of-retailing-and-consumer-services .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.elsevier.com/journal-of-retailing-and-consumer-services .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.