Plural Inheritance Laws, Practices and Emergent Types of Property—Implications for Updating the Land Register
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Quisumbing, Agnes R & Payongayong, Ellen & Aidoo, J B & Otsuka, Keijiro, 2001. "Women's Land Rights in the Transition to Individualized Ownership: Implications for Tree-Resource Management in Western Ghana," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 50(1), pages 157-181, October.
- Carmen Diana Deere & Cheryl Doss, 2006. "The Gender Asset Gap: What Do We Know And Why Does It Matter?," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(1-2), pages 1-50.
- Edward Kutsoati & Randall Morck, 2014.
"Family Ties, Inheritance Rights, and Successful Poverty Alleviation: Evidence from Ghana,"
NBER Chapters, in: African Successes, Volume II: Human Capital, pages 215-252,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edward Kutsoati & Randall Morck, 2012. "Family Ties, Inheritance Rights, and Successful Poverty Alleviation: Evidence from Ghana," NBER Working Papers 18080, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dimo Todorovski & Jossam Potel, 2019. "Exploring the Nexus between Displacement and Land Administration: The Case of Rwanda," Land, MDPI, vol. 8(4), pages 1-15, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shewakena Aytenfisu Abab & Feyera Senbeta Wakjira & Tamirat Tefera Negash, 2022. "Factors Influencing the Formalization of Rural Land Transactions in Ethiopia: A Theory of Planned Behavior Approach," Land, MDPI, vol. 11(5), pages 1-26, April.
- Zaid Abubakari & Christine Richter & Jaap Zevenbergen, 2020. "Evaluating Some Major Assumptions in Land Registration: Insights from Ghana’s Context of Land Tenure and Registration," Land, MDPI, vol. 9(9), pages 1-14, August.
- Fuseini Waah Salifu & Zaid Abubakari & Christine Richter, 2019. "Innovating Along the Continuum of Land Rights Recognition: Meridia’s “Documentation Packages” for Ghana," Land, MDPI, vol. 8(12), pages 1-18, December.
- Sally Adofowaa Mireku & Zaid Abubakari & Javier Martinez, 2021. "Dimensions of Urban Blight in Emerging Southern Cities: A Case Study of Accra-Ghana," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(15), pages 1-24, July.
- Małgorzata Buśko & Jacek Zyga & Ľubica Hudecová & Peter Kyseľ & Monika Balawejder & Michal Apollo, 2022. "Active Collection of Data in the Real Estate Cadastre in Systems with a Different Pedigree and a Different Way of Building Development: Learning from Poland and Slovakia," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 14(22), pages 1-17, November.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Lambrecht, Isabel, 2016. "â€œAs a husband I will love, lead, and provide:â€ Gendered access to land in Ghana:," IFPRI discussion papers 1514, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Lambrecht, Isabel Brigitte, 2016. "“As a Husband I Will Love, Lead, and Provide.” Gendered Access to Land in Ghana," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 188-200.
- Bina Agarwal, 2015. "Food Security, Productivity, and Gender Inequality," Working Papers id:7566, eSocialSciences.
- Kiran Asher & Annie Shattuck, 2017. "Forests and Food Security: What’s Gender Got to Do with It?," Social Sciences, MDPI, vol. 6(1), pages 1-16, March.
- Rao, Nitya, 2017. "Assets, Agency and Legitimacy: Towards a Relational Understanding of Gender Equality Policy and Practice," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 95(C), pages 43-54.
- Stephanie Barrientos & Adwoa Owusuaa Bobie, 2016. "Promoting Gender equality in the cocoa-chocolate value chain: opportunities and challenges in Ghana," Global Development Institute Working Paper Series 062016, GDI, The University of Manchester.
- Fenske, James, 2014.
"Trees, tenure and conflict: Rubber in colonial Benin,"
Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 226-238.
- Fenske, James, 2010. "Trees, tenure and conflict: Rubber in colonial Benin," MPRA Paper 26244, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- James Fenske, 2011. "Trees, Tenure and Conflict: Rubber in Colonial Benin," WIDER Working Paper Series wp-2011-029, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Kilic, Talip & Palacios-López, Amparo & Goldstein, Markus, 2015.
"Caught in a Productivity Trap: A Distributional Perspective on Gender Differences in Malawian Agriculture,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 416-463.
- Goldstein,Markus P. & Kilic,Talip & Palacios-Lopez,Amparo & Goldstein,Markus P. & Kilic,Talip & Palacios-Lopez,Amparo, 2013. "Caught in a productivity trap: a distributional perspective on gender differences in Malawian agriculture," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6381, The World Bank.
- Trzcinski, Eileen & Holst, Elke, 2011.
"A Critique and Reframing of Personality in Labour Market Theory: Locus of Control and Labour Market Outcomes,"
IZA Discussion Papers
6090, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Eileen Trzcinski & Elke Holst, 2011. "A Critique and Reframing of Personality in Labour Market Theory: Locus of Control and Labour Market Outcomes," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 403, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Eileen Trzcinski & Elke Holst, 2011. "A Critique and Reframing of Personality in Labour Market Theory: Locus of Control and Labour Market Outcomes," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1157, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Ndoye Niane, Aifa Fatimata & Burger, Kees, 2012. "Gender and Experimental Measurement of Producers Risk Attitude Towards Output Market Price and its Effects on Economic Performance," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126928, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Dileni Gunewardena & Abdoulaye Seck, 2020. "Heterogeneity in entrepreneurship in developing countries: Risk, credit, and migration and the entrepreneurial propensity of youth and women," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(3), pages 713-725, August.
- van den Bold, Mara & Quisumbing, Agnes R. & Gillespie, Stuart, 2013. "Womenâ€™s empowerment and nutrition: An evidence review:," IFPRI discussion papers 1294, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Luc Dossa & Barbara Rischkowsky & Regina Birner & Clemens Wollny, 2008. "Socio-economic determinants of keeping goats and sheep by rural people in southern Benin," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 25(4), pages 581-592, December.
- Isabel Lambrecht & Monica Schuster & Sarah Asare Samwini & Laura Pelleriaux, 2018.
"Changing gender roles in agriculture? Evidence from 20 years of data in Ghana,"
Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 49(6), pages 691-710, November.
- Lambrecht, Isabel & Schuster, Monica & Asare, Sarah & Pelleriaux, Laura, 2017. "Changing gender roles in agriculture?: Evidence from 20 years of data in Ghana," IFPRI discussion papers 1623, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Lambrecht, I. & Schuster, M., 2018. "Changing gender roles in agriculture? Evidence from 20 years of data in Ghana," 2018 Conference, July 28-August 2, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia 276989, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Han, Wenjing & Zhang, Xiaoling & Zhang, Zhengfeng, 2019. "The role of land tenure security in promoting rural women’s empowerment: Empirical evidence from rural China," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 280-289.
- Nayana Bose & Shreyasee Das, 2021.
"Intergenerational effects of improving women’s property rights: evidence from India,"
Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 49(3), pages 277-290, July.
- Shreyasee Das & Nayana Bose, 2017. "Intergenerational Effects of Improving Women's Property Rights: Evidence from India," 2017 Papers pda789, Job Market Papers.
- Nayana Bose & Shreyasee Das, 2017. "Intergenerational Effects of Improving Women's Property Rights: Evidence from India," Working Papers 17-01, UW-Whitewater, Department of Economics, revised Nov 2017.
- Andrea Brandolini & Eva Sierminska & Janet Gornick & Teresa Munzi & Timothy Smeeding, 2006. "Older Women’s Income and Wealth Packages: The Five-Legged Stool in Cross-National Perspective," LWS Working papers 3, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Eastin, Joshua, 2018. "Climate change and gender equality in developing states," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 289-305.
- Céline Bessiere & Sibylle Gollac, 2021. "Capital," Post-Print halshs-03513446, HAL.
- GRABKA Markus & MARCUS Jan & SIERMINSKA Eva, 2013.
"Wealth distribution within couples and financial decision making,"
LISER Working Paper Series
2013-02, Luxembourg Institute of Socio-Economic Research (LISER).
- Markus M. Grabka & Jan Marcus & Eva Sierminska, 2013. "Wealth Distribution within Couples and Financial Decision Making," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 540, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
More about this item
Keywordsinheritance laws; inheritance practices; land register; land registration; updating; property types; matrilineal; patrilineal;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jsusta:v:11:y:2019:i:21:p:6087-:d:282696. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: MDPI Indexing Manager (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.