Pathways to Modelling Ecosystem Services within an Urban Metabolism Framework
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Giampietro, Mario & Mayumi, Kozo & Ramos-Martin, Jesus, 2009. "Multi-scale integrated analysis of societal and ecosystem metabolism (MuSIASEM): Theoretical concepts and basic rationale," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 313-322.
- de Groot, Rudolf S. & Wilson, Matthew A. & Boumans, Roelof M. J., 2002. "A typology for the classification, description and valuation of ecosystem functions, goods and services," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 393-408, June.
- Cornelis Leeuwen & Jos Frijns & Annemarie Wezel & Frans Ven, 2012. "City Blueprints: 24 Indicators to Assess the Sustainability of the Urban Water Cycle," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 26(8), pages 2177-2197, June.
- Lo Piano, Samuele & Mayumi, Kozo, 2017. "Toward an integrated assessment of the performance of photovoltaic power stations for electricity generation," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 186(P2), pages 167-174.
- Zhang, Yan & Lu, Hanjing & Fath, Brian D. & Zheng, Hongmei, 2016. "Modelling urban nitrogen metabolic processes based on ecological network analysis: A case of study in Beijing, China," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 337(C), pages 29-38.
- Xiaoyue Wang & Shuyao Wu & Shuangcheng Li, 2017. "Urban Metabolism of Three Cities in Jing-Jin-Ji Urban Agglomeration, China: Using the MuSIASEM Approach," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(8), pages 1-21, August.
- Jones, L. & Provins, A. & Holland, M. & Mills, G. & Hayes, F. & Emmett, B. & Hall, J. & Sheppard, L. & Smith, R. & Sutton, M. & Hicks, K. & Ashmore, M. & Haines-Young, R. & Harper-Simmonds, L., 2014. "A review and application of the evidence for nitrogen impacts on ecosystem services," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 7(C), pages 76-88.
- Jared R. VandeWeghe & Christopher Kennedy, 2007. "A Spatial Analysis of Residential Greenhouse Gas Emissions in the Toronto Census Metropolitan Area," Journal of Industrial Ecology, Yale University, vol. 11(2), pages 133-144, April.
- Qing Huang & Xinqi Zheng & Yecui Hu, 2015. "Analysis of Land-Use Emergy Indicators Based on Urban Metabolism: A Case Study for Beijing," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(6), pages 1-19, June.
- Brian Deal & Varkki Pallathucheril, 2009. "Sustainability and Urban Dynamics: Assessing Future Impacts on Ecosystem Services," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 1(3), pages 1-17, July.
- Kubiszewski, Ida & Costanza, Robert & Anderson, Sharolyn & Sutton, Paul, 2017. "The future value of ecosystem services: Global scenarios and national implications," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 26(PA), pages 289-301.
- Camps-Calvet, Marta & Langemeyer, Johannes & Calvet-Mir, Laura & Gómez-Baggethun, Erik, 2016. "Ecosystem services provided by urban gardens in Barcelona, Spain: Insights for policy and planning," Environmental Science & Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 14-23.
- Miller,Ronald E. & Blair,Peter D., 2009. "Input-Output Analysis," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521517133, December.
- Langemeyer, Johannes & BarÃ³, Francesc & Roebeling, Peter & GÃ³mez-Baggethun, Erik, 2015. "Contrasting values of cultural ecosystem services in urban areas: The case of park MontjuÃ¯c in Barcelona," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 12(C), pages 178-186.
- Miller,Ronald E. & Blair,Peter D., 2009. "Input-Output Analysis," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521739023, December.
- Hein, Lars & van Koppen, Kris & de Groot, Rudolf S. & van Ierland, Ekko C., 2006. "Spatial scales, stakeholders and the valuation of ecosystem services," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 209-228, May.
- Jacobs, Sander & Burkhard, Benjamin & Van Daele, Toon & Staes, Jan & Schneiders, Anik, 2015. "‘The Matrix Reloaded’: A review of expert knowledge use for mapping ecosystem services," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 295(C), pages 21-30.
- Vanesa Castán Broto & Adriana Allen & Elizabeth Rapoport, 2012. "Interdisciplinary Perspectives on Urban Metabolism," Journal of Industrial Ecology, Yale University, vol. 16(6), pages 851-861, December.
- Deal, Brian & Schunk, Daniel, 2004. "Spatial dynamic modeling and urban land use transformation: a simulation approach to assessing the costs of urban sprawl," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(1-2), pages 79-95, November.
- Costanza, Robert & de Groot, Rudolf & Braat, Leon & Kubiszewski, Ida & Fioramonti, Lorenzo & Sutton, Paul & Farber, Steve & Grasso, Monica, 2017. "Twenty years of ecosystem services: How far have we come and how far do we still need to go?," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 28(PA), pages 1-16.
- Han, Wenyi & Geng, Yong & Lu, Yangsiyu & Wilson, Jeffrey & Sun, Lu & Satoshi, Onishi & Geldron, Alain & Qian, Yiying, 2018. "Urban metabolism of megacities: A comparative analysis of Shanghai, Tokyo, London and Paris to inform low carbon and sustainable development pathways," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 155(C), pages 887-898.
- SchrÃ¶ter, Matthias & Koellner, Thomas & Alkemade, Rob & Arnhold, Sebastian & Bagstad, Kenneth J. & Erb, Karl-Heinz & Frank, Karin & Kastner, Thomas & Kissinger, Meidad & Liu, Jianguo & LÃ³pez-Hoffman, 2018. "Interregional flows of ecosystem services: Concepts, typology and four cases," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 31(PB), pages 231-241.
- John, Beatrice & Luederitz, Christopher & Lang, Daniel J. & von Wehrden, Henrik, 2019. "Toward Sustainable Urban Metabolisms. From System Understanding to System Transformation," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 157(C), pages 402-414.
- Yang, Dewei & Kao, William Tze Ming & Zhang, Guoqin & Zhang, Nanyang, 2014. "Evaluating spatiotemporal differences and sustainability of Xiamen urban metabolism using emergy synthesis," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 272(C), pages 40-48.
- Nuri Cihat Onat & Murat Kucukvar & Anthony Halog & Scott Cloutier, 2017. "Systems Thinking for Life Cycle Sustainability Assessment: A Review of Recent Developments, Applications, and Future Perspectives," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(5), pages 1-25, April.
- Gómez-Baggethun, Erik & Barton, David N., 2013. "Classifying and valuing ecosystem services for urban planning," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 235-245.
- Zhang, Yan & Yang, Zhifeng & Liu, Gengyuan & Yu, Xiangyi, 2011. "Emergy analysis of the urban metabolism of Beijing," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 222(14), pages 2377-2384.
- Aghaei Chadegani, Arezoo & Salehi, Hadi & Md Yunus, Melor & Farhadi, Hadi & Fooladi, Masood & Farhadi, Maryam & Ale Ebrahim, Nader, 2013. "A Comparison between Two Main Academic Literature Collections: Web of Science and Scopus Databases," MPRA Paper 46898, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 18 Mar 2013.
- Christopher Kennedy & John Cuddihy & Joshua Engel‐Yan, 2007. "The Changing Metabolism of Cities," Journal of Industrial Ecology, Yale University, vol. 11(2), pages 43-59, April.
- Boumans, Roelof & Costanza, Robert & Farley, Joshua & Wilson, Matthew A. & Portela, Rosimeiry & Rotmans, Jan & Villa, Ferdinando & Grasso, Monica, 2002. "Modeling the dynamics of the integrated earth system and the value of global ecosystem services using the GUMBO model," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 529-560, June.
- Zhang, Yan & Liu, Hong & Fath, Brian D., 2014. "Synergism analysis of an urban metabolic system: Model development and a case study for Beijing, China," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 272(C), pages 188-197.
- Grizzetti, B. & Lanzanova, D. & Liquete, C. & Reynaud, A. & Cardoso, A.C., 2016. "Assessing water ecosystem services for water resource management," Environmental Science & Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 194-203.
- Turner, Katrine Grace & Anderson, Sharolyn & Gonzales-Chang, Mauricio & Costanza, Robert & Courville, Sasha & Dalgaard, Tommy & Dominati, Estelle & Kubiszewski, Ida & Ogilvy, Sue & Porfirio, Luciana &, 2016. "A review of methods, data, and models to assess changes in the value of ecosystem services from land degradation and restoration," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 319(C), pages 190-207.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Elliot, Thomas & Bertrand, Alexandre & Babí Almenar, Javier & Petucco, Claudio & Proença, Vânia & Rugani, Benedetto, 2019. "Spatial optimisation of urban ecosystem services through integrated participatory and multi-objective integer linear programming," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 409(C), pages 1-1.
More about this item
Keywordsurban metabolism; socio-ecological impacts; spatio-temporal dynamics; multiscale; sustainability; ecosystem services;
- Q - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics
- Q0 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General
- Q2 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation
- Q3 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation
- Q5 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
- O13 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jsusta:v:11:y:2019:i:10:p:2766-:d:231167. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (XML Conversion Team). General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.