Back to the Future: The Potential of Intergenerational Justice for the Achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Widerquist, Karl, 2010. "How the Sufficiency Minimum Becomes a Social Maximum," Utilitas, Cambridge University Press, vol. 22(4), pages 474-480, December.
- Lauren Rickards & Ray Ison & Hartmut FÃ¼nfgeld & John Wiseman, 2014. "Opening and Closing the Future: Climate Change, Adaptation, and Scenario Planning," Environment and Planning C, , vol. 32(4), pages 587-602, August.
- Céline Kermisch & Behnam Taebi, 2017. "Sustainability, Ethics and Nuclear Energy: Escaping the Dichotomy," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(3), pages 1-13, March.
- Ozgur Demirta, 2013. "Evaluating the Best Renewable Energy Technology for Sustainable Energy Plannin," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 3(Special), pages 23-33.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Srikant Gupta & Armin Fügenschuh & Irfan Ali, 2018. "A Multi-Criteria Goal Programming Model to Analyze the Sustainable Goals of India," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(3), pages 1-19, March.
- Ortwin Renn, 2020. "The Call for Sustainable and Resilient Policies in the COVID-19 Crisis: How Can They Be Interpreted and Implemented?," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(16), pages 1-5, August.
- Graziano Abrate & Federico Boffa & Fabrizio Erbetta & Davide Vannoni, 2018.
"Voters’ Information, Corruption, and the Efficiency of Local Public Services,"
Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(12), pages 1-22, December.
- Graziano Abrate & Federico Boffa & Fabrizio Erbetta & Davide Vannoni, 2016. "Voters' Information, Corruption, and the Efficiency of Local Public Services," Working papers 035, Department of Economics and Statistics (Dipartimento di Scienze Economico-Sociali e Matematico-Statistiche), University of Torino.
- Graziano Abrate & Federico Boffa & Fabrizio Erbetta & Davide Vannoni, 2016. "Voters' Information, Corruption, and the Efficiency of Local Public Services," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 446, Collegio Carlo Alberto.
- Ramona Pîrvu & Cristian Drăgan & Gheorghe Axinte & Sorin Dinulescu & Mihaela Lupăncescu & Andra Găină, 2019. "The Impact of the Implementation of Cohesion Policy on the Sustainable Development of EU Countries," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(15), pages 1-20, August.
- Longyu Shi & Linwei Han & Fengmei Yang & Lijie Gao, 2019. "The Evolution of Sustainable Development Theory: Types, Goals, and Research Prospects," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(24), pages 1-16, December.
- Otto Spijkers, 2018. "Intergenerational Equity and the Sustainable Development Goals," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(11), pages 1-12, October.
- Andrzej Raszkowski & Bartosz Bartniczak, 2019. "Sustainable Development in the Central and Eastern European Countries (CEECs): Challenges and Opportunities," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(4), pages 1-18, February.
- Alberto Dello Strologo & Edoardo D’Andrassi & Niccolò Paoloni & Giorgia Mattei, 2021. "Italy versus Other European Countries: Sustainable Development Goals, Policies and Future Hypothetical Results," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(6), pages 1-46, March.
- Chege, Samwel Macharia & Wang, Daoping, 2020. "The influence of technology innovation on SME performance through environmental sustainability practices in Kenya," Technology in Society, Elsevier, vol. 60(C).
- Rita Vasconcellos Oliveira, 2021. "Social Innovation for a Just Sustainable Development: Integrating the Wellbeing of Future People," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(16), pages 1-12, August.
- Mei Zhang, 2018. "Intergenerational Justice and Solidarity on Sustainability in China: A Case Study in Nanjing, Yangtze River Delta," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(11), pages 1-17, November.
- Siming Yu & Muhammad Safdar Sial & Dang Khoa Tran & Alina Badulescu & Phung Anh Thu & Mariana Sehleanu, 2020. "Adoption and Implementation of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in China—Agenda 2030," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(15), pages 1-16, August.
- Andrzej Raszkowski & Bartosz Bartniczak, 2019. "On the Road to Sustainability: Implementation of the 2030 Agenda Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) in Poland," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(2), pages 1-20, January.
- Victoria Wibeck & Björn-Ola Linnér & Melisa Alves & Therese Asplund & Anna Bohman & Maxwell T. Boykoff & Pamela M. Feetham & Yi Huang & Januario Nascimento & Jessica Rich & Charles Yvon Rocha & Franco, 2019. "Stories of Transformation: A Cross-Country Focus Group Study on Sustainable Development and Societal Change," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(8), pages 1-19, April.
- Umar Muhammad Modibbo & Irfan Ali & Aquil Ahmed, 2021. "Multi-objective optimization modelling for analysing sustainable development goals of Nigeria: Agenda 2030," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 23(6), pages 9529-9563, June.
- Craig W. Hutton & Robert J. Nicholls & Attila N. Lázár & Alex Chapman & Marije Schaafsma & Mashfiqus Salehin, 2018. "Potential Trade-Offs between the Sustainable Development Goals in Coastal Bangladesh," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(4), pages 1-14, April.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Mostafa Shaaban & Jürgen Scheffran & Jürgen Böhner & Mohamed S. Elsobki, 2018. "Sustainability Assessment of Electricity Generation Technologies in Egypt Using Multi-Criteria Decision Analysis," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(5), pages 1-25, May.
- repec:eco:journ2:2017-04-06 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cairns, George & Wright, George & Fairbrother, Peter & Phillips, Richard, 2017. "‘Branching scenarios’ seeking articulated action for regional regeneration – A case study of limited success," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 124(C), pages 189-202.
- Alkan, Ömer & Albayrak, Özlem Karadağ, 2020. "Ranking of renewable energy sources for regions in Turkey by fuzzy entropy based fuzzy COPRAS and fuzzy MULTIMOORA," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 162(C), pages 712-726.
- Haddad, Brahim & Liazid, Abdelkrim & Ferreira, Paula, 2017. "A multi-criteria approach to rank renewables for the Algerian electricity system," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 462-472.
- Ezbakhe, Fatine & Pérez-Foguet, Agustí, 2021. "Decision analysis for sustainable development: The case of renewable energy planning under uncertainty," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 291(2), pages 601-613.
- Milad Kolagar & Seyed Mohammad Hassan Hosseini & Ramin Felegari & Parviz Fattahi, 2020. "Policy-making for renewable energy sources in search of sustainable development: a hybrid DEA-FBWM approach," Environment Systems and Decisions, Springer, vol. 40(4), pages 485-509, December.
- Pei-Hsuan Tsai & Chih-Jou Chen & Ho-Chin Yang, 2021. "Using Porterâ€™s Diamond Model to Assess the Competitiveness of Taiwanâ€™s Solar Photovoltaic Industry," SAGE Open, , vol. 11(1), pages 21582440209, January.
- Karunathilake, Hirushie & Hewage, Kasun & Mérida, Walter & Sadiq, Rehan, 2019. "Renewable energy selection for net-zero energy communities: Life cycle based decision making under uncertainty," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 130(C), pages 558-573.
- Urošević, Branka Gvozdenac & Marinović, Budimirka, 2021. "Ranking construction of small hydro power plants using multi-criteria decision analysis," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 172(C), pages 1174-1183.
- Nicholas A. Cradock-Henry & Bob Frame & Benjamin L. Preston & Andy Reisinger & Dale S. Rothman, 2018. "Dynamic adaptive pathways in downscaled climate change scenarios," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 150(3), pages 333-341, October.
- Henriques, J.C.C. & Portillo, J.C.C. & Gato, L.M.C. & Gomes, R.P.F. & Ferreira, D.N. & Falcão, A.F.O., 2016. "Design of oscillating-water-column wave energy converters with an application to self-powered sensor buoys," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 852-867.
- Hegazy Rezk & Basem Alamri & Mokhtar Aly & Ahmed Fathy & Abdul G. Olabi & Mohammad Ali Abdelkareem & Hamdy A. Ziedan, 2021. "Multicriteria Decision-Making to Determine the Optimal Energy Management Strategy of Hybrid PV–Diesel Battery-Based Desalination System," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(8), pages 1-19, April.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:8:y:2016:i:5:p:443:d:69461 is not listed on IDEAS
- Huang, Zishuo & Yu, Hang & Peng, Zhenwei & Zhao, Mei, 2015. "Methods and tools for community energy planning: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 1335-1348.
- Maria-Teresa Bosch-Badia & Joan Montllor-Serrats & Maria-Antonia Tarrazon-Rodon, 2018. "Sustainability and Ethics in the Process of Price Determination in Financial Markets: A Conceptual Analysis," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(5), pages 1-24, May.
- Sarah Feron & Harald Heinrichs & Raúl R. Cordero, 2016. "Are the Rural Electrification Efforts in the Ecuadorian Amazon Sustainable?," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(5), pages 1-22, May.
- Dalit Shach-Pinsly & Isaac Guedi Capeluto, 2020. "From Form-Based to Performance-Based Codes," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(14), pages 1-20, July.
- Esra Karakaþ & Ozan Veli Yýldýran, 2019. "Evaluation of Renewable Energy Alternatives for Turkey via Modified Fuzzy AHP," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 9(2), pages 31-39.
- Büyüközkan, Gülçin & Güleryüz, Sezin, 2017. "Evaluation of Renewable Energy Resources in Turkey using an integrated MCDM approach with linguistic interval fuzzy preference relations," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 123(C), pages 149-163.
- Manuel Baumann, 2013. "Prospective system analysis of stationary battery systems under the frame of Constructive Technology Assessment," Enterprise and Work Innovation Studies, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, IET/CICS.NOVA-Interdisciplinary Centre on Social Sciences, Faculty of Science and Technology, vol. 9(9), pages 9-27, December.
- Prabatha, Tharindu & Karunathilake, Hirushie & Mohammadpour Shotorbani, Amin & Sadiq, Rehan & Hewage, Kasun, 2021. "Community-level decentralized energy system planning under uncertainty: A comparison of mathematical models for strategy development," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 283(C).
More about this item
Keywordssustainable development goals; intergenerational justice; sufficientarianism; sustainable development; future generations; justice pluralism;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:2:p:427-:d:130625. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: XML Conversion Team (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com/ .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.