Base drift and the longer run growth of M1 : experience from a decade of monetary targeting
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Alfred Broaddus & Marvin Goodfriend, 1985. "Base drift and the longer run growth of M1 : experience from a decade of monetary targeting," Working Paper 85-01, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond.
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:mes:challe:v:18:y:1975:i:5:p:37-44 is not listed on IDEAS
- Stephen H. Axilrod, 1985. "U.S. monetary policy in recent years: an overview," Federal Reserve Bulletin, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), issue Jan, pages 14-24.
- William Poole, 1976. "Interpreting the Fed's Monetary Targets," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 7(1), pages 247-260.
- Marvin Goodfriend, 1982. "A model of money stock determination with loan demand and a banking system balance sheet constraint," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Jan, pages 3-16.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bennett T. McCallum, 2002.
"Recent developments in monetary policy analysis: the roles of theory and evidence,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Win, pages 67-96.
- Bennett McCallum, 1999. "Recent developments in monetary policy analysis: the roles of theory and evidence," Journal of Economic Methodology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(2), pages 171-198.
- Bennett T. McCallum, "undated". "Recent Developments in monetary policy analysis: The roles of theory and evidence," GSIA Working Papers 1999-12, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- Bennett T. McCallum, 1999. "Recent Developments in Monetary Policy Analysis: The Roles of Theory and Evidence," NBER Working Papers 7088, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lucas, Robert E. & Nicolini, Juan Pablo, 2015. "On the stability of money demand," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 48-65.
- Bordo, Michael D. & Choudhri, Ehsan U. & Schwartz, Anna J., 1990.
"Money stock targeting, base drift, and price-level predictability : Lessons from the U.K. Experience,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 253-272, March.
- Michael D. Bordo & Ehsan U. Choudhri & Anna J. Schwartz, 1989. "Money Stock Targeting, Base Drift and Price-Level Predictability: Lessons From the U.K. Experience," NBER Working Papers 2825, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- R. W. Hafer, 1999. "Against the tide: Malcolm Bryan and the introduction of monetary aggregate targets," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue Q1, pages 20-37.
- Dotsey, Michael & Hornstein, Andreas, 2003. "Should a monetary policymaker look at money?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 547-579, April.
- Peter N. Ireland, 1993. "Price stability under long-run monetary targeting," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Win, pages 25-46.
- Marvin Goodfriend, 1997. "Monetary policy comes of age: a 20th century odyssey," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Win, pages 1-22.
- Michael Dotsey & Jed L. DeVaro, 1995. "Was the disinflation of the early 1980's anticipated?," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Fall, pages 41-60.
- Weise, Charles L., 2009. "Political Constraints on Monetary Policy During the U.S. Great Inflation," MPRA Paper 18700, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Edward Nelson, 2012.
"A Review of Allan Meltzer’s A History of the Federal Reserve, Volume 2,"
International Journal of Central Banking,
International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 8(2), pages 241-266, June.
- Edward Nelson, 2011. "A review of Allan Meltzer's "A History of the Federal Reserve, Volume 2"," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2011-59, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedrer:y:1984:i:nov:p:3-14:n:v.70no.6. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Pascasio). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbrius.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.