Determinants of the federal funds rate: 1979-1982
On October 6, 1979 the Federal Reserve, in an effort to improve monetary control, changed its operating procedures to give greater emphasis to managing the growth of bank reserves. Some movements in the federal funds rate under the new procedures were an automatic response to deviations of the money stock from its short-run target. Most, however, resulted from judgmental actions by the Federal Reserve.
Volume (Year): (1989)
Issue (Month): Jan ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.richmondfed.org/|
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.richmondfed.org/publications/ Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Marvin Goodfriend & Gary S. Anderson & Anil K. Kashyap & George R. Moore & Richard D. Porter, 1984. "A weekly perfect foresight model of the nonborrowed reserve operating procedure," Working Paper 84-04, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond.
- David L. Mengle, 1986. "The discount window," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue May, pages 2-10.
- Stephen H. Axilrod, 1985. "U.S. monetary policy in recent years: an overview," Federal Reserve Bulletin, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), issue Jan, pages 14-24.
- Robert L. Hetzel, 1982. "The October 1979 regime of monetary control and the behavior of the money supply in 1980," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Jul, pages 3-15.
- Marvin Goodfriend, 1981.
"Discount window borrowing, monetary policy, and the post-October 6, 1979 Federal Reserve operating procedure,"
81-02, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond.
- Goodfriend, Marvin, 1983. "Discount window borrowing, monetary policy, and the post-October 6, 1979 federal reserve operating procedure," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 343-356, September.
- Poole, William, 1982. "Federal Reserve Operating Procedures: A Survey and Evaluation of the Historical Record since October 1979," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 14(4), pages 575-96, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedrer:y:1989:i:jan:p:3-19:n:v.75no.1. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (William Perkins)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.