Can the Fed be a payment system innovator?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Economides, Nicholas, 1996. "The economics of networks," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, pages 673-699.
- Joanna Stavins, 1997. "A comparison of social costs and benefits of paper check presentment and ECP with truncation," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Jul, pages 27-44.
- repec:aei:rpbook:53134 is not listed on IDEAS
- Edward J. Stevens, 1998. "Non-par banking: competition and monopoly in markets for payments services," Working Paper 9817, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Nicholas Economides, 1997.
"The Economics of Networks,"
Brazilian Electronic Journal of Economics,
Department of Economics, Universidade Federal de Pernambuco, vol. 1(0), December.
- John A. Weinberg, 1997. "The organization of private payment networks," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Spr, pages 25-44.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- George Kaufman, 1999. "Comments on “The Subsidy Provided by the Federal Safety Net: Theory and Measurement”," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, pages 147-152.
- Jeffrey M. Lacker & Jeffrey D. Walker & John A. Weinberg, 1999. "The Fed's entry into check clearing reconsidered," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Spr, pages 1-32.
- Kari Kemppainen, 2004. "Competition and regulation in European retail payment systems," Microeconomics 0404008, EconWPA.
- Joanna Stavins, 2002. "Who uses electronic check products: a look at depository institutions," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Q 3, pages 3-16.
- Kemppainen, Kari, 2003. "Competition and regulation in European retail payment systems," Research Discussion Papers 16/2003, Bank of Finland.
- Massimo Cirasino & Mario Guadamillas & José Antonio García & Fernando Montes-Negret, 2007. "Reforming Payments and Securities Settlement Systems in Latin America and the Caribbean," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6630.
More about this item
KeywordsCompetition ; Payment systems;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedreq:y:1998:i:spr:p:1-25. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Pascasio). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbrius.html .