How much is that home really worth? Appraisal bias and house-price uncertainty
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lang William W. & Nakamura Leonard I., 1993. "A Model of Redlining," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 223-234, March.
- Andrew Leventis, 2006. "Removing Appraisal Bias from a Repeat-Transactions House Price Index – A Basic Approach," FHFA Staff Working Papers 06-01, Federal Housing Finance Agency.
- David Genesove & Christopher Mayer, 2001.
"Loss Aversion and Seller Behavior: Evidence from the Housing Market,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 116(4), pages 1233-1260.
- David Genesove & Christopher Mayer, "undated". "Loss Aversion and Seller Behavior: Evidence from the Housing Market," Zell/Lurie Center Working Papers 323, Wharton School Samuel Zell and Robert Lurie Real Estate Center, University of Pennsylvania.
- Genesove, David & Mayer, Christopher, 2001. "Loss Aversion and Seller Behaviour: Evidence from the Housing Market," CEPR Discussion Papers 2813, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- David Genesove & Christopher Mayer, 2001. "Loss Aversion and Seller Behavior: Evidence from the Housing Market," NBER Working Papers 8143, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cho, Man & Megbolugbe, Isaac F, 1996. "An Empirical Analysis of Property Appraisal and Mortgage Redlining," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 45-55, July.
- Calem, Paul S, 1996. "Mortgage Credit Availability in Low- and Moderate-Income Minority Neighborhoods: Are Information Externalities Critical?," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 71-89, July.
- LaCour-Little, Michael & Malpezzi, Stephen, 2003. "Appraisal Quality and Residential Mortgage Default: Evidence from Alaska," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 27(2), pages 211-233, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ozlem Akin & José Montalvo & Jaume García Villar & José-Luis Peydró & Josep Raya, 2014.
"The real estate and credit bubble: evidence from Spain,"
SERIEs: Journal of the Spanish Economic Association,
Springer;Spanish Economic Association, vol. 5(2), pages 223-243, August.
- Ozlem Akin & José García-Montalvo & Jaume Garcia-Villar & José-Luis Peydró & Josep M. Raya, 2014. "The Real Estate and Credit Bubble: Evidence from Spain," Working Papers 772, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Ozlem Akin & José Garcia Montalvo & Jaume Garcia Villar & José-Luis Peydró & Josep M. Raya, 2014. "The real estate and credit bubble: Evidence from Spain," Economics Working Papers 1430, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Paul E. Carrillo & William M. Doerner & William D. Larson, 2018. "House Price Markups and Mortgage Defaults," FHFA Staff Working Papers 18-02, Federal Housing Finance Agency.
- José García-Montalvo & Josep M. Raya, 2017. "Constraints on LTV as a Macroprudential Tool: A Precautionary Tale," Working Papers 1008, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- José Garcia Montalvo & Josep M. Raya, 2017. "Constraints on LTV as a macroprudential tool: a precautionary tale," Economics Working Papers 1592, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
More about this item
KeywordsHousing ; Real estate investment ; Prices ; Real property;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedpbr:y:2010:i:q1:p:11-22. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Beth Paul). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbphus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.