Systemic risk and the financial crisis: a primer
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Emmanuel Farhi & Ricardo Caballero & Pierre-Olivier Gourinchas, "undated".
"Financial Crash, Commodity Prices and Global Imbalances,"
20933, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Ricardo J. Caballero & Emmanuel Farhi & Pierre-Olivier Gourinchas, 2008. "Financial Crash, Commodity Prices and Global Imbalances," NBER Working Papers 14521, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gourinchas, Pierre-Oliver & Farhi, Emmanuel & Caballero, Ricardo J., 2008. "Financial Crash, Commodity Prices, and Global Imbalances," Scholarly Articles 3229095, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Caballero, Ricardo & Farhi, Emmanuel & Gourinchas, Pierre-Olivier, 2008. "Financial Crash, Commodity Prices and Global Imbalances," CEPR Discussion Papers 7064, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- William R. Emmons & Rajdeep Sengupta, 2007. "What is subprime lending?," Monetary Trends, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue jun.
- Kenneth Spong, 2000.
"Banking regulation : its purposes, implementation, and effects,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, number 2000bria, July.
- Kenneth Spong, 1994. "Banking regulation : its purpose, implementation, and effects," Monograph, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, number 1994bria, July.
- David C. Wheelock, 2008. "The federal response to home mortgage distress: lessons from the Great Depression," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue may, pages 133-148.
- Raj Aggarwal & Kevin T. Jacques, 1998. "Assessing the impact of prompt corrective action on bank capital and risk," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue oct, pages 23-32.
- Douglas D. Evanoff & Larry D. Wall, 2002.
"Subordinated debt and prompt corrective regulatory action,"
FRB Atlanta Working Paper
2002-18, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Larry D. Wall & Douglas D. Evanoff, 2003. "Subordinated debt and prompt corrective regulatory action," Working Paper Series WP-03-03, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, revised 2003.
- Timberlake, Richard H, Jr, 1984. "The Central Banking Role of Clearinghouse Associations," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 16(1), pages 1-15, February.
- Merton, Robert C., 1977. "An analytic derivation of the cost of deposit insurance and loan guarantees An application of modern option pricing theory," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 3-11, June.
- Lagunoff, Roger & Schreft, Stacey L., 2001.
"A Model of Financial Fragility,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 99(1-2), pages 220-264, July.
- Roger Lagunoff & Stacey L. Schreft, 1998. "A Model of Financial Fragility," Game Theory and Information 9803001, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 30 Apr 1998.
- Stacey L. Schreft & Roger Lagunoff, 1998. "A model of financial fragility," Research Working Paper 98-01, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, revised 1998.
- John V. Duca & Danielle DiMartino, 2007. "The rise and fall of subprime mortgages," Economic Letter, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, issue nov.
- R. Alton Gilbert & Gerald P. Dwyer, 1989. "Bank runs and private remedies," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue may, pages 43-61.
- Burkhard Drees & Garry J. Schinasi & Charles Frederick Kramer & R. S Craig, 2001. "Modern Banking and OTC Derivatives Markets; The Transformation of Global Finance and its Implications for Systemic Risk," IMF Occasional Papers 203, International Monetary Fund.
- Gorton, Gary, 1985. "Clearinghouses and the Origin of Central Banking in the United States," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 45(2), pages 277-283, June.
- Geetesh Bhardwaj & Rajdeep Sengupta, 2008. "Where's the smoking gun? a study of underwriting standards for US subprime mortgages," Working Papers 2008-036, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Geetesh Bhardwaj & Rajdeep Sengupta, 2008. "Did prepayments sustain the subprime market?," Working Papers 2008-039, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Huei-Jung Fang, 2011. "Compilation and analysis of Taiwan's household debt statistics," IFC Bulletins chapters, in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Proceedings of the IFC Conference on "Initiatives to address data gaps revealed by the financial crisis", Basel, 25-26 August 2010, volume 34, pages 564-573, Bank for International Settlements.
- David C. Wheelock & Craig P. Aubuchon, 2010. "The geographic distribution and characteristics of U.S. bank failures, 2007-2010: do bank failures still reflect local economic conditions?," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue sep, pages 395-415.
- Wegener, Christoph & Kruse, Robinson & Basse, Tobias, 2019. "The walking debt crisis," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 157(C), pages 382-402.
- Piero Ferri, 2011. "Macroeconomics of Growth Cycles and Financial Instability," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 14260.
- Costa Cabral, Nazare, 2010.
"Breve guia temático e bibliográfico sobre o estudo da actual crise financeira e económica
[Short thematic guide to the study of current financial and economic crisis]," MPRA Paper 20743, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Poitras, Geoffrey & Zanotti, Giovanna, 2016. "Mortgage contract design and systemic risk immunization," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 320-331.
- repec:mes:emfitr:v:52:y:2016:i:7:p:1698-1723 is not listed on IDEAS
- Camille Cornand & Céline Gimet, 2011.
"The 2007-2008 financial crisis : Is there evidence of disaster myopia ?,"
1125, Groupe d'Analyse et de Théorie Economique Lyon St-Étienne (GATE Lyon St-Étienne), Université de Lyon.
- Camille Cornand & Céline Gimet, 2012. "The 2007-2008 financial crisis: Is there evidence of disaster myopia?," Post-Print halshs-00617127, HAL.
- Carola Frydman & Eric Hilt & Lily Y. Zhou, 2015.
"Economic Effects of Runs on Early "Shadow Banks": Trust Companies and the Impact of the Panic of 1907,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 123(4), pages 902-940.
- Carola Frydman & Eric Hilt & Lily Y. Zhou, 2012. "Economic Effects of Runs on Early 'Shadow Banks': Trust Companies and the Impact of the Panic of 1907," NBER Working Papers 18264, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tolga Umut Kuzubas & Burak Saltoglu & Can Sever, 2014. "Systemic Risk and Heterogeneous Leverage in Banking Network: Implications for Banking Regulation," Working Papers 2014/01, Bogazici University, Department of Economics.
- Gabriele Galati & Richhild Moessner, 2013.
"Macroprudential Policy – A Literature Review,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(5), pages 846-878, December.
- Gabriele Galati & Richhild Moessner, 2010. "Macroprudential policy - a literature review," DNB Working Papers 267, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Gabriele Galati & Richhild Moessner, 2011. "Macroprudential policy - a literature review," BIS Working Papers 337, Bank for International Settlements.
- David C. Wheelock, 2010. "Lessons learned? comparing the Federal Reserve's responses to the crises of 1929-1933 and 2007-2009," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue mar, pages 89-108.
- repec:gam:jjrfmx:v:11:y:2018:i:3:p:42-:d:158481 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsSystemic risk; Financial crises;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedlrv:y:2009:i:sep:p:403-418:n:v.91no.5. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anna Oates). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbslus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.