Global household leverage, house prices, and consumption
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Atif Mian & Amir Sufi, 2009. "The Consequences of Mortgage Credit Expansion: Evidence from the U.S. Mortgage Default Crisis," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 124(4), pages 1449-1496.
- Reuven Glick & Kevin J. Lansing, 2009. "U.S. household deleveraging and future consumption growth," FRBSF Economic Letter, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue may15.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Paolo Gelain & Kevin J. Lansing & Caterina Mendicino, 2013.
"House Prices, Credit Growth, and Excess Volatility: Implications for Monetary and Macroprudential Policy,"
International Journal of Central Banking,
International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 9(2), pages 219-276, June.
- Gelain, Paolo & Lansing, Kevin J. & Mendicino, Caterina, 2012. "House Prices, Credit Growth, and Excess Volatility: Implications for Monetary and Macroprudential Policy," Dynare Working Papers 21, CEPREMAP.
- Paolo Gelain & Kevin J. Lansing & Caterina Mendicino, 2012. "House prices, credit growth, and excess volatility: implications for monetary and macroprudential policy," Working Paper Series 2012-11, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Paolo Gelain & Kevin J. Lansing & Caterina Mendicino, 2012. "House prices, credit growth, and excess volatility: Implications for monetary and macroprudential policy," Working Paper 2012/08, Norges Bank.
- Javier Andrés & José Emilio Boscá & Javier Ferri, 2011. "Household Leverage and Fiscal Multipliers," Working Papers 1103, International Economics Institute, University of Valencia.
- Atif Mian & Amir Sufi, 2011.
"House Prices, Home Equity-Based Borrowing, and the US Household Leverage Crisis,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 101(5), pages 2132-2156, August.
- Atif R. Mian & Amir Sufi, 2009. "House Prices, Home Equity-Based Borrowing, and the U.S. Household Leverage Crisis," NBER Working Papers 15283, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jeffrey Thompson & Timothy M. Smeeding, 2010. "Recent Trends in the Distribution of Income: Labor, Wealth and More Complete Measures of Well Being," Working Papers wp225, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Angeles, Luis, 2015. "A note on debt and economic activity," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 136(C), pages 67-69.
- Atif Mian & Amir Sufi & Emil Verner, 2017.
"Household Debt and Business Cycles Worldwide,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 132(4), pages 1755-1817.
- Atif R. Mian & Amir Sufi & Emil Verner, 2015. "Household Debt and Business Cycles Worldwide," NBER Working Papers 21581, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Emil Verner & Amir Sufi & Atif Mian, 2017. "Household Debt and Business Cycles Worldwide," 2017 Meeting Papers 673, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- repec:eee:ecmode:v:67:y:2017:i:c:p:193-202 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kukk, Merike, 2016.
"How did household indebtedness hamper consumption during the recession? Evidence from micro data,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 764-786.
- Merike Kukk, 2014. "How Did Household Indebtedness Hamper Consumption during the Recession? Evidence from Micro Data," TUT Economic Research Series 14, Department of Finance and Economics, Tallinn University of Technology.
- Merike Kukk, 2015. "How Did Household Indebtedness Hamper Consumption during the Recession? Evidence from Micro Data," a/ Working Papers Series 1505, Italian Association for the Study of Economic Asymmetries, Rome (Italy).
- Amir Sufi, 2012. "Detecting "Bad" Leverage," NBER Chapters,in: Risk Topography: Systemic Risk and Macro Modeling, pages 205-212 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:eee:macchp:v2-255 is not listed on IDEAS
- Muhamad Shukri Abdul Rani & Siti Hanifah Borhan Nordin & Chin Ching Lau & Sheng Ling Lim & Zhen Shing Siow, 2017. "Rich debt, poor debt: assessing household indebtedness and debt repayment capacity," BIS Papers chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Financial systems and the real economy, volume 91, pages 153-168 Bank for International Settlements.
- Nicoletta Batini & Giovanni Melina & Stefania Villa, 2018. "Fiscal buffers, private debt and recession: the good, the bad and the ugly," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 1186, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Lang, Jan Hannes & Welz, Peter, 2018. "Semi-structural credit gap estimation," Working Paper Series 2194, European Central Bank.
- Andrey Pavlov & Eva Steiner & Susan Wachter, 2015. "Macroeconomic Risk Factors and the Role of Mispriced Credit in the Returns from International Real Estate Securities," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 43(1), pages 241-270, March.
- Bardhan, Ashok & Walker, Richard A., 2010. "California, Pivot of the Great Recession," Institute for Research on Labor and Employment, Working Paper Series qt0qn3z3td, Institute of Industrial Relations, UC Berkeley.
- Jaume Roig Hernando, 2016. "Humanizing Finance by Hedging Property Values," Journal of Risk and Financial Management, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(2), pages 1-11, June.
- Atif R. Mian & Amir Sufi, 2018. "Finance and Business Cycles: The Credit-Driven Household Demand Channel," NBER Working Papers 24322, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mian, A. & Sufi, A., 2016.
"Who Bears the Cost of Recessions? The Role of House Prices and Household Debt,"
Handbook of Macroeconomics,
- Atif Mian & Amir Sufi, 2016. "Who Bears the Cost of Recessions? The Role of House Prices and Household Debt," NBER Working Papers 22256, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Atif Mian & Amir Sufi, 2011. "Consumers and the economy, part II: Household debt and the weak U.S. recovery," FRBSF Economic Letter, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue jan18.
- Svante Mandell & Han-Suck Song & Abukar Warsame & Mats Wilhelmsson, 2011. "Bank Lending and House Prices in Sweden 1992-2010," ERES eres2011_91, European Real Estate Society (ERES).
- Nicoletta Batini & Giovanni Melina & Stefania Villa, 2016. "Fiscal Buffers, Private Debt, and Stagnation; The Good, the Bad and the Ugly," IMF Working Papers 16/104, International Monetary Fund.
- Piekut Marlena, 2015. "The Rich North-west, The Poor Middle-east – Consumption In EU Households," Comparative Economic Research, Sciendo, vol. 18(1), pages 43-63, March.
- Aikman, David & Bridges, Jonathan & Kashyap, Anil & Siergert, Caspar, 2018. "Would macroprudential regulation have prevented the last crisis?," Bank of England working papers 747, Bank of England.
- Dorothee Bohle, 2017. "Mortgaging Europe’s periphery," LEQS – LSE 'Europe in Question' Discussion Paper Series 124, European Institute, LSE.
- Atif Mian & Amir Sufi & Emil Verner, 2017. "How do Credit Supply Shocks Affect the Real Economy? Evidence from the United States in the 1980s," NBER Working Papers 23802, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
KeywordsHouseholds - Economic aspects ; Financial leverage ; Housing - Prices ; Consumer behavior ; Consumption (Economics);
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedfel:y:2010:i:jan11:n:2010-01. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco Research Library). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbsfus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.