Recent behavior of velocity: alternative measures of money
An examination of the relationship between velocity and interest rates for two alternative measures of money, and an analysis of the effects of thrift restructuring on money demand.
Volume (Year): (1992)
Issue (Month): Q I ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.clevelandfed.org/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- John V. Duca, 1992.
"The case of the missing M2,"
Economic and Financial Policy Review,
Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, issue Q II, pages 1-24.
- Hendry, David F. & Ericsson, Neil R., 1991.
"Modeling the demand for narrow money in the United Kingdom and the United States,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 833-881, May.
- David F. Hendry & Neil R. Ericsson, 1990. "Modeling the demand for narrow money in the United Kingdom and the United States," International Finance Discussion Papers 383, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Dennis Hoffman & Robert H. Rasche, 1989.
"Long-run Income and Interest Elasticities of Money Demand in the United States,"
NBER Working Papers
2949, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hoffman, Dennis L & Rasche, Robert H, 1991. "Long-Run Income and Interest Elasticities of Money Demand in the United States," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 73(4), pages 665-74, November.
- Poole, William, 1988.
"Monetary Policy Lessons of Recent Inflation and Disinflation,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 2(3), pages 73-100, Summer.
- William Poole, 1987. "Monetary Policy Lessons of recent Inflation and Disinflation," NBER Working Papers 2300, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brian Motley, 1988. "Should M2 be redefined?," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Win, pages 33-51.
- Charles T. Carlstrom & Edward N. Gamber, 1990. "Does the Fed cause Christmas?," Economic Commentary, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Jan.
- Jeffrey J. Hallman & Richard D. Porter & David H. Small, 1989. "M2 per unit of potential GNP as an anchor for the price level," Staff Studies 157, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- John B. Carlson, 1989. "The stability of money demand, its interest sensitivity, and some implications for money as a policy guide," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Q III, pages 2-13.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedcer:y:1992:i:qi:p:2-10:n:v.28no.1. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lee Faulhaber)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.