Recent behavior of velocity: alternative measures of money
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- John B. Carlson, 1989. "The stability of money demand, its interest sensitivity, and some implications for money as a policy guide," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Q III, pages 2-13.
- Charles T. Carlstrom & Edward N. Gamber, 1990. "Does the Fed cause Christmas?," Economic Commentary, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Jan.
- Hendry, David F. & Ericsson, Neil R., 1991.
"Modeling the demand for narrow money in the United Kingdom and the United States,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 833-881, May.
- David F. Hendry & Neil R. Ericsson, 1990. "Modeling the demand for narrow money in the United Kingdom and the United States," International Finance Discussion Papers 383, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Hoffman, Dennis L & Rasche, Robert H, 1991.
"Long-Run Income and Interest Elasticities of Money Demand in the United States,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 73(4), pages 665-674, November.
- Dennis Hoffman & Robert H. Rasche, 1989. "Long-run Income and Interest Elasticities of Money Demand in the United States," NBER Working Papers 2949, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- William J. Baumol, 1952. "The Transactions Demand for Cash: An Inventory Theoretic Approach," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 66(4), pages 545-556.
- John V. Duca, 1992. "The case of the missing M2," Economic and Financial Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, issue Q II, pages 1-24.
- Poole, William, 1988.
"Monetary Policy Lessons of Recent Inflation and Disinflation,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 2(3), pages 73-100, Summer.
- William Poole, 1987. "Monetary Policy Lessons of recent Inflation and Disinflation," NBER Working Papers 2300, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brian Motley, 1988. "Should M2 be redefined?," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Win, pages 33-51.
- Jeffrey J. Hallman & Richard D. Porter & David H. Small, 1989. "M2 per unit of potential GNP as an anchor for the price level," Staff Studies 157, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ball, Laurence, 2012. "Short-run money demand," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(7), pages 622-633.
- Martin Schmidt, 2003. "Money and prices: evidence from the G7 countries," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(17), pages 1799-1809.
- Serpil Canbas & Murat Doganlar & Yildirim B.Onal, 2002. "Measurement of Foreign Exchange Exposure on the Turkish Private Banks’ Stock Prices," Istanbul Stock Exchange Review, Research and Business Development Department, Borsa Istanbul, vol. 6(22), pages 17-32.
- Tom Stark, 1998. "A Bayesian vector error corrections model of the U.S. economy," Working Papers 98-12, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Robert D. Laurent, 1993. "Indicators, performance, and policy in the 1930s and today," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Jan, pages 2-11.
- Fatih Cin & Fikret Dulger, 2002. "Income Velocity of Money (M2): The Case of Turkey, 1986-2000," Istanbul Stock Exchange Review, Research and Business Development Department, Borsa Istanbul, vol. 6(22), pages 33-48.
- Tulay Yucel & Gulizar Kurt, 2002. "Cash Conversion Cycle, Cash Management and Profitability: An Empirical Study on the ISE Traded Companies," Istanbul Stock Exchange Review, Research and Business Development Department, Borsa Istanbul, vol. 6(22), pages 1-16.
- Koenig, Evan F., 1996. "Long-term interest rates and the recent weakness in M2," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 81-101, May.
- Schmidt, Martin B., 2001. "The long and short of money and prices: a market equilibrium approach," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 53(6), pages 563-583.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedcer:y:1992:i:qi:p:2-10:n:v.28no.1. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (4D Library). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbclus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.