Outsourcing of Public Sevice Provision: When is it more efficient?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:hrv:faseco:33077889 is not listed on IDEAS
- Morten Bennedsen & Christian Schultz, 2003. "Outsourcing, Market Structure and Elections," CIE Discussion Papers 2003-05, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Centre for Industrial Economics.
- Andrei Shleifer, 1998.
"State versus Private Ownership,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 12(4), pages 133-150, Fall.
- Andrei Shleifer, 1998. "State Versus Private Ownership," NBER Working Papers 6665, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrei Shleifer, 1998. "State Versus Private Ownership," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1841, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Jeffry M. Netter & William L. Megginson, 2001. "From State to Market: A Survey of Empirical Studies on Privatization," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 39(2), pages 321-389, June.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Peter Birch Sørensen, 2004. "Outsourcing of Public Service Provision: When is it More Efficient?," EPRU Working Paper Series 04-06, Economic Policy Research Unit (EPRU), University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Orietta DESSY & Massimo FLORIO, 2004. "Workers' earnings in the UK before and after privatisation: a study of five industries," Departmental Working Papers 2004-13, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Chernykh, Lucy, 2011. "Profit or politics? Understanding renationalizations in Russia," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 1237-1253.
- Qi Quan & N. Huyghebaert, 2004. "Privatization. Issues at Stake in the Case of China," Review of Business and Economic Literature, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB), Review of Business and Economic Literature, vol. 0(4), pages 647-687.
- O'Toole, Conor M. & Morgenroth, Edgar L.W. & Ha, Thuy T., 2016.
"Investment efficiency, state-owned enterprises and privatisation: Evidence from Viet Nam in Transition,"
Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 93-108.
- O'Toole, Conor & Morgenroth, Edgar & Ha, Thi Thu Thuy, 2015. "Investment Efficiency, State-Owned Enterprises and Privatisation: Evidence from Vietnam in Transition," Papers WP498, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Beatriz Cuadrado-Ballesteros & Noemí Peña-Miguel, 2018. "The Socioeconomic Consequences of Privatization: An Empirical Analysis for Europe," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 139(1), pages 163-183, August.
- Panu Poutvaara & Andreas Wagener, 2008.
"Why is the public sector more labor-intensive? A distortionary tax argument,"
Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 94(2), pages 105-124, July.
- Panu Poutvaara & Andreas Wagener, 2004. "Why is the Public Sector More Labor-Intensive? A Distortionary Tax Argument," CESifo Working Paper Series 1259, CESifo.
- Poutvaara, Panu & Wagener, Andreas, 2008. "Why is the public sector more labor-intensive? A distortionary tax argument," Munich Reprints in Economics 19825, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Poutvaara, Panu & Wagener, Andreas, 2004. "Why Is the Public Sector More Labor-Intensive? A Distortionary Tax Argument," IZA Discussion Papers 1413, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Paul H. Jensen & Robin E. Stonecash, 2004. "The Efficiency of Public Sector Outsourcing Contracts: A Literature Review," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2004n29, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Ekaterina Zhuravskaya, 2007. "Whither Russia? A Review of Andrei Shleifer's A Normal Country," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 45(1), pages 127-146, March.
- Pierre M. Picard & Ridwan D. Rusli, 2012.
"State Owned Firms: Private Debt, Cost Revelation and Welfare,"
CREA Discussion Paper Series
12-10, Center for Research in Economic Analysis, University of Luxembourg.
- PICARD, Pierre & RUSLI, Ridwan D., 2012. "State owned firms: private debt, cost revelation and welfare," LIDAM Discussion Papers CORE 2012047, UniversitÃ© catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Máximo Torero, 2002.
"Peruvian Privatization: Impacts On Firm Performance,"
Research Department Publications
3169, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Máximo Torero, 2003. "Peruvian Privatization: Impacts On Firm Performance," Research Department Publications 3173, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Richard W. Carney & Travers Barclay Child, 2015. "Business Networks and Crisis Performance: Professional, Political, and Family Ties," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 15-135/V, Tinbergen Institute, revised 20 Feb 2015.
- Borisova, Ginka & Fotak, Veljko & Holland, Kateryna & Megginson, William L., 2015. "Government ownership and the cost of debt: Evidence from government investments in publicly traded firms," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 118(1), pages 168-191.
- Wu, Aihua, 2017. "The signal effect of Government R&D Subsidies in China: Does ownership matter?," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 117(C), pages 339-345.
- Cambini, Carlo & De Masi, Sara & Paci, Andrea & Rondi, Laura, 2018. "CEO compensation in EU telecom companies: Does the state design the right incentives?," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(6), pages 474-488.
- Chen Lin & Yue Ma & Dongwei Su, 2009.
"Corporate governance and firm efficiency: evidence from China's publicly listed firms,"
Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 30(3), pages 193-209.
- Chen Lin & Yue Ma & Dongwei Su, 2009. "Corporate governance and firm efficiency: evidence from China's publicly listed firms," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 30(3), pages 1-1.
- Iwasaki, Ichiro & Ma, Xinxin & Mizobata, Satoshi, 2020.
"Corporate ownership and managerial turnover in China and Eastern Europe: A comparative meta-analysis,"
Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 111(C).
- Iwasaki, Ichiro & Ma, Xinxin & Mizobata, Satoshi, 2019. "Corporate Ownership and Managerial Turnover in China and Eastern Europe: A Comparative Meta-Analysis," CEI Working Paper Series 2019-1, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Ichiro Iwasaki & Xinxin Ma & Satoshi Mizobata, 2020. "Corporate Ownership and Managerial Turnover in China and Eastern Europe: A Comparative Meta-Analysis," KIER Working Papers 1034, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Willner, Johan & Parker, David, 2002. "The Relative Performance of Public and Private Enterprise Under Conditions of Active and Passive Ownership," Centre on Regulation and Competition (CRC) Working papers 30591, University of Manchester, Institute for Development Policy and Management (IDPM).
- Ádám Szentpéteri & Álmos Telegdy, 2010.
"Political Selection Of Firms Into Privatization Programs. Evidence From Romanian Comprehensive Data,"
Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(3), pages 298-328, November.
- Adam Szentpeteri & Almos Telegdy, 2008. "Political Selection of Firms into Privatization Programs - Evidence from Romanian Comprehensive Data," CERS-IE WORKING PAPERS 0826, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies.
- Adam Szentpeteri & Almos Telegdy, 2009. "Political Selection of Firms into Privatization Programs. Evidence from Romanian Comprehensive Data," CERS-IE WORKING PAPERS 0916, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies.
- Asaftei, Gabriel & Parmeter, Christopher F., 2010. "Market power, EU integration and privatization: The case of Romania," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 340-356, September.
More about this item
- H42 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Publicly Provided Private Goods
- H57 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Procurement
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fep:journl:v:19:y:2006:i:1:p:3-15. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Editorial Secretary) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Editorial Secretary to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/talouea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.