Dynamic Multi-Factor Credit Risk Model with Fat-Tailed Factors
The authors introduce an improved multi-factor credit risk model describing simultaneously the default rate and the loss given default. Their methodology is based on the KMV model, which they generalize in three ways. First, they add a model for loss given default (LGD), second, they bring dynamics to the model, and third, they allow non-normal distributions of risk factors. Both the defaults and the LGD are driven by a common factor and an individual factor; the individual factors are mutually independent, but the authors allow any form of dependence of the common factors. They test their model on a nationwide portfolio of US mortgage delinquencies, modeling the dependence of the common factor by a VECM model, and compare their results with the current regulatory framework, which is described in the Basel II Accord.
Volume (Year): 62 (2012)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Opletalova 26, CZ-110 00 Prague|
Phone: +420 2 222112330
Fax: +420 2 22112304
Web page: http://ies.fsv.cuni.cz/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jon Frye, 2000. "Collateral damage detected," Emerging Issues, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Sep.
- Monica Billio & Mila Getmansky & Andrew W. Lo & Loriana Pelizzon, 2011.
"Econometric Measures of Connectedness and Systemic Risk in the Finance and Insurance Sectors,"
2011_21, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Billio, Monica & Getmansky, Mila & Lo, Andrew W. & Pelizzon, Loriana, 2012. "Econometric measures of connectedness and systemic risk in the finance and insurance sectors," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 104(3), pages 535-559.
- John M. Quigley, 1999.
"Real Estate Prices and Economic Cycles,"
International Real Estate Review,
Asian Real Estate Society, vol. 2(1), pages 1-20.
- Quigley, John M., 2002. "Real Estate Prices and Economic Cycles," Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy, Working Paper Series qt58c6v2kx, Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy.
- Gordy, Michael B., 2000.
"A comparative anatomy of credit risk models,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 24(1-2), pages 119-149, January.
- Andrea Cipollini & Giuseppe Missaglia, 2008. "Measuring bank capital requirements through Dynamic Factor analysis," Center for Economic Research (RECent) 010, University of Modena and Reggio E., Dept. of Economics "Marco Biagi".
- Crouhy, Michel & Galai, Dan & Mark, Robert, 2000. "A comparative analysis of current credit risk models," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(1-2), pages 59-117, January.
- Jiri Witzany, 2011. "A Two Factor Model for PD and LGD Correlation," Bulletin of the Czech Econometric Society, The Czech Econometric Society, vol. 18(28).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fau:fauart:v:62:y:2012:i:2:p:125-140. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lenka Herrmannova)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.