How to Measure the Quality of Credit Scoring Models
Credit scoring models are widely used to predict the probability of client default. To measure the quality of such scoring models it is possible to use quantitative indices such as the Gini index, Kolmogorov-Smirnov statistics (KS), Lift, the Mahalanobis distance, and information statistics. This paper reviews and illustrates the use of these indices in practice.
Volume (Year): 61 (2011)
Issue (Month): 5 (November)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +420 2 222112330
Fax: +420 2 22112304
Web page: http://ies.fsv.cuni.cz/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Roger Newson, 2006. "Confidence intervals for rank statistics: Somers' D and extensions," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 6(3), pages 309-334, September.
- Martin Vojtek & Evžen Koèenda, 2006. "Credit-Scoring Methods (in English)," Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 56(3-4), pages 152-167, March.
- D. J. Hand & W. E. Henley, 1997. "Statistical Classification Methods in Consumer Credit Scoring: a Review," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 160(3), pages 523-541.
- Engelmann, Bernd & Hayden, Evelyn & Tasche, Dirk, 2003. "Measuring the Discriminative Power of Rating Systems," Discussion Paper Series 2: Banking and Financial Studies 2003,01, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Evzen Kocenda & Martin Vojtek, 2011.
"Default Predictors in Retail Credit Scoring: Evidence from Czech Banking Data,"
William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series
wp1015, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Evžen Kocenda & Martin Vojtek, 2011. "Default Predictors in Retail Credit Scoring: Evidence from Czech Banking Data," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 47(6), pages 80-98, November.
- Evžen Kocenda & Martin Vojtek, 2009. "Default Predictors and Credit Scoring Models for Retail Banking," CESifo Working Paper Series 2862, CESifo Group Munich.
- Thomas, Lyn C., 2009. "Consumer Credit Models: Pricing, Profit and Portfolios," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199232130, March.
- Crook, Jonathan N. & Edelman, David B. & Thomas, Lyn C., 2007. "Recent developments in consumer credit risk assessment," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 183(3), pages 1447-1465, December.
- Anderson, Raymond, 2007. "The Credit Scoring Toolkit: Theory and Practice for Retail Credit Risk Management and Decision Automation," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199226405, March.
- Jiri Witzany, 2011. "Definition of Default and Quality of Scoring Functions," Bulletin of the Czech Econometric Society, The Czech Econometric Society, vol. 18(28).
- Thomas, Lyn C., 2000. "A survey of credit and behavioural scoring: forecasting financial risk of lending to consumers," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 149-172.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fau:fauart:v:61:y:2011:i:5:p:486-507. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lenka Herrmannova)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.