Is inflation a monetary phenomenon only? A non monetarist episode of inflation: the italian case
Is Inflation a Monetary Phenomenon Only? A Non Monetarist Episode of Inflation: The Italian Case (di Giancarlo Bertocco) - ABSTRACT:The publication of the second edition of Fratianni and Spinelli’s Monetary History of Italy offers the opportunity to analyze the causes behind the inflation pattern in Italy in the three decades preceding the entry of the country in the European Monetary Union. This paper has two objectives. The first consists in showing the limits of the explanation of Italian inflation based on the monetarist theory; the second consists in providing an alternative explanation whereby the pattern of Italian inflation basically depends on the trend of production costs and on the behavior of companies in connection with mark-up definition.
Volume (Year): 2002/78 (2002)
Issue (Month): 78 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.francoangeli.it/riviste/sommario.asp?IDRivista=59|
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.francoangeli.it/riviste/Elenco_Prodotti.aspx?startCode=DC Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cukierman Alex, 1992.
"Central Bank Strategy, Credibility, And Independance: Theory And Evidence,"
Journal des Economistes et des Etudes Humaines,
De Gruyter, vol. 3(4), pages 10, December.
- Alex Cukierman, 1992. "Central Bank Strategy, Credibility, and Independence: Theory and Evidence," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262031981, December.
- Sun Bae Kim, 1991. "The independence of central banks," FRBSF Economic Letter, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue dec13.
- David Romer, 2000.
"Keynesian Macroeconomics without the LM Curve,"
NBER Working Papers
7461, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bennett T. McCallum, 1997.
"Issues in the Design of Monetary Policy Rules,"
NBER Working Papers
6016, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frederic S. Mishkin, 2000.
"International Experiences with Different Monetary Policy Regimes,"
NBER Working Papers
7044, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mishkin, F.S., 1998. "International Experiences with Different Monetary Policy Regimes," Papers 648, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- Mishkin, Frederic S., 1998. "International Experiences With Different Monetary Policy Regimes," Seminar Papers 648, Stockholm University, Institute for International Economic Studies.
- Frederic S. Mishkin, 1999. "International Experiences with Different Monetary Policy Regimes," NBER Working Papers 6965, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Allan H. Meltzer, 2001. "Money and monetary policy: an essay in honor of Darryl Francis," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jul, pages 23-32.
- Fratianni,Michele & Spinelli,Franco, 1997.
"A Monetary History of Italy,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521443159, November.
- George T. McCandless & Warren E. Weber, 1995. "Some monetary facts," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Sum, pages 2-11.
- John B. Taylor, 1999. "Monetary Policy Rules," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number tayl99-1, May.
- Gerald P. Dwyer & R. W. Hafer, 1988. "Is money irrelevant?," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue May, pages 3-17.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fan:steste:v:html10.3280/ste2002-078002. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Angelo Ventriglia)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.