Addressing Market Segmentation and Incentives for Risk Selection: How Well Does Risk Equalisation in the Irish Private Health Insurance Market Work?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Keegan, Conor & Teljeur, Conor & Turner, Brian & Thomas, Steve, 2017. "Addressing market segmentation and incentives for risk selection: How well does risk equalisation in the Irish private health insurance market work?," Papers RB20170207, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
References listed on IDEAS
- Duijmelinck, Daniëlle M.I.D. & Mosca, Ilaria & van de Ven, Wynand P.M.M., 2015. "Switching benefits and costs in competitive health insurance markets: A conceptual framework and empirical evidence from the Netherlands," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 119(5), pages 664-671.
- Buchner, Florian & Goepffarth, Dirk & Wasem, Juergen, 2013. "The new risk adjustment formula in Germany: Implementation and first experiences," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 109(3), pages 253-262.
- Smith, Samantha & Normand, Charles, 2009. "Analysing equity in health care financing: A flow of funds approach," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 69(3), pages 379-386, August.
- Conor Keegan & Conor Teljeur & Brian Turner & Steve Thomas, 2016. "Switching insurer in the Irish voluntary health insurance market: determinants, incentives, and risk equalization," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 17(7), pages 823-831, September.
- Turner, Brian & Shinnick, Edward, 2013. "Community rating in the absence of risk equalisation: lessons from the Irish private health insurance market," Health Economics, Policy and Law, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(02), pages 209-224, April.
- Francesca Colombo & Nicole Tapay, 2004. "Private Health Insurance in Ireland: A Case Study," OECD Health Working Papers 10, OECD Publishing.
- Connelly, Luke B. & Paolucci, Francesco & Butler, James R.G. & Collins, Paul, 2010. "Risk equalisation and voluntary health insurance markets: The case of Australia," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 98(1), pages 3-14, November.
- Bevan, Gwyn & van de Ven, Wynand P. M. M., 2010. "Choice of providers and mutual healthcare purchasers: can the English National Health Service learn from the Dutch reforms?," Health Economics, Policy and Law, Cambridge University Press, vol. 5(03), pages 343-363, July.
- Armstrong, John, 2010. "Risk equalisation and voluntary health insurance markets: The case of Ireland," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 98(1), pages 15-26, November.
- Armstrong, John & Paolucci, Francesco & van de Ven, Wynand P.M.M., 2010. "Risk equalisation in voluntary health insurance markets," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 98(1), pages 1-2, November.
- Van de ven, Wynand P.M.M. & Ellis, Randall P., 2000. "Risk adjustment in competitive health plan markets," Handbook of Health Economics,in: A. J. Culyer & J. P. Newhouse (ed.), Handbook of Health Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 14, pages 755-845 Elsevier.
- Turner, Brian, 2015. "Unwinding the State subsidisation of private health insurance in Ireland," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 119(10), pages 1349-1357.
- Corinne Behrend & Florian Buchner & Michael Happich & Rolf Holle & Peter Reitmeir & Jürgen Wasem, 2007.
"Risk-adjusted capitation payments: how well do principal inpatient diagnosis-based models work in the German situation? Results from a large data set,"
The European Journal of Health Economics,
Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 8(1), pages 31-39, March.
- Behrend, Corinne & Buchner, Florian & Happich, Michael & Holle, Rolf & Reitmeir, Peter & Wasem, Jürgen, 2004. "Risk-Adjusted Capitation Payments: How Well Do Principal Inpatient Diagnosis-Based Models Work in the German Situation? Results From a Large Data Set," IBES Diskussionsbeiträge 134, University of Duisburg-Essen, Institute of Business and Economic Studie (IBES).
- Kiil, Astrid, 2012. "What characterises the privately insured in universal health care systems? A review of the empirical evidence," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 106(1), pages 60-75.
- Armstrong, John & Paolucci, Francesco & McLeod, Heather & van de Ven, Wynand P.M.M., 2010. "Risk equalisation in voluntary health insurance markets: A three country comparison," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 98(1), pages 39-49, November.
More about this item
Keywordsrisk equalisation; health insurance; Ireland;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eso:journl:v:48:y:2017:i:1:p:61-84. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Martina Lawless). General contact details of provider: https://www.esr.ie .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.