Profitability of the Moving Average Strategy and the Episodic Dependencies: Empirical Evidence from European Stock
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Eleftherios Thalassinos, 2008. "Trends and Developments in the European Financial Sector," European Financial and Accounting Journal, Prague University of Economics and Business, vol. 2008(3), pages 44-61.
- Claudio Bonilla & Rafael Romero-Meza & Melvin Hinich, 2006. "Episodic nonlinearity in Latin American stock market indices," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(3), pages 195-199.
- Kian-Ping Lim & Melvin J. Hinich, 2005. "Cross-temporal universality of non-linear dependencies in Asian stock markets," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 7(1), pages 1-6.
- Brooks, Chris & Hinich, Melvin J, 2001. "Bicorrelations and Cross-Bicorrelations As Non-linearity Tests and Tools for Exchange Rate Forecasting," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(3), pages 181-196, April.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:7:y:2005:i:1:p:1-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lagoarde-Segot, Thomas & Lucey, Brian M., 2008. "Efficiency in emerging markets--Evidence from the MENA region," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 94-105, February.
- Lim, Kian-Ping & Brooks, Robert D. & Kim, Jae H., 2008. "Financial crisis and stock market efficiency: Empirical evidence from Asian countries," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 571-591, June.
- Alexandru Todea & Adrian Zoicas-Ienciu, 2008. "Episodic dependencies in Central and Eastern Europe stock markets," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(14), pages 1123-1126.
- Eleftherios Thalassinos & Pantelis E. Thalassinos, 2006. "Stock Markets' Integration Analysis," European Research Studies Journal, European Research Studies Journal, vol. 0(3-4), pages 3-14.
- Brock, William & Lakonishok, Josef & LeBaron, Blake, 1992.
"Simple Technical Trading Rules and the Stochastic Properties of Stock Returns,"
Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(5), pages 1731-1764, December.
- Brock, W. & Lakonishok, J. & Lebaron, B., 1991. "Simple Technical Trading Rules And The Stochastic Properties Of Stock Returns," Working papers 90-22, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ashok Chanabasangouda Patil & Shailesh Rastogi, 2019. "Time-Varying Price–Volume Relationship and Adaptive Market Efficiency: A Survey of the Empirical Literature," Journal of Risk and Financial Management, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(2), pages 1-18, June.
- Urquhart, Andrew & Gebka, Bartosz & Hudson, Robert, 2015. "How exactly do markets adapt? Evidence from the moving average rule in three developed markets," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 127-147.
More about this item
KeywordsNonlinear dependence; Bi-correlation; Market Efficiency; Technical Analysis.;
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ers:journl:v:xii:y:2009:i:1:p:63-72. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marios Agiomavritis) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Marios Agiomavritis to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://www.ersj.eu/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.