Veinte años de estancamiento en la distribución del ingreso de las familias Mexicanas. Un enfoque de microdatos
This paper presents the evolution of family income in the Mexican economy during the period 1984-2004, in which Mexico registered an important structural change. The analysis is based on microdata and inequality indexes. Once obtained the family income, was possible to identify which families improved and which families lost positions on the distribution income. Even though the whole families increased their incomes, the income growth rate was more dynamic for the well off families. Thus, the worse income distribution has showed the low effectiveness of public distributive policies.
Volume (Year): XXVIII (2009)
Issue (Month): 1 (May)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Avenida Lazaro Cardenas 4600 Ote., Fraccionamiento Residencial Las Torres, C.P. 64930. Monterrey, Nuevo Leon. México.|
Phone: +52 (81) 8329 4150
Fax: +52 (81) 8342 2897
Web page: http://www.economia.uanl.mx
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Moore, Robert E., 1996. "Ranking income distributions using the Geometric Mean and a related general measure," MPRA Paper 10171, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Irene Perrote Coste & Juan Gabriel Rodríguez Hernández & Rafael Salas del Marmol, 2001. "A non-parametric decomposition of redistribution into vertical and horizontal components," Documentos de trabajo de la Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales 01-07, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales.
- Mancero, Xavier, 2001. "Escalas de equivalencia: reseña de conceptos y métodos," Estudios Estadísticos 8, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Guillermo E. Perry & Omar S. Arias & J. Humberto López & William F. Maloney & Luis Servén, 2006. "Poverty Reduction and Growth : Virtuous and Vicious Circles," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6997, September.
- Shorrocks, Anthony F, 1983. "Ranking Income Distributions," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 50(197), pages 3-17, February.
- Jean-Yves Duclos, 2000. "Gini Indices and the Redistribution of Income," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 7(2), pages 141-162, March.
- Dardanoni, Valentino & Lambert, Peter J., 2002. "Progressivity comparisons," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 86(1), pages 99-122, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ere:journl:v:xxviii:y:2009:i:1:p:81-107. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dora María Vega Facio)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.