Veinte años de estancamiento en la distribución del ingreso de las familias Mexicanas. Un enfoque de microdatos
This paper presents the evolution of family income in the Mexican economy during the period 1984-2004, in which Mexico registered an important structural change. The analysis is based on microdata and inequality indexes. Once obtained the family income, was possible to identify which families improved and which families lost positions on the distribution income. Even though the whole families increased their incomes, the income growth rate was more dynamic for the well off families. Thus, the worse income distribution has showed the low effectiveness of public distributive policies.
Volume (Year): XXVIII (2009)
Issue (Month): 1 (May)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +52 (81) 8329 4150
Fax: +52 (81) 8342 2897
Web page: http://www.economia.uanl.mx
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Guillermo E. Perry & Omar S. Arias & J. Humberto López & William F. Maloney & Luis Servén, 2006. "Poverty Reduction and Growth : Virtuous and Vicious Circles," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6997.
- Jean-Yves Duclos, 2000. "Gini Indices and the Redistribution of Income," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer, vol. 7(2), pages 141-162, March.
- Moore, Robert E., 1996. "Ranking income distributions using the Geometric Mean and a related general measure," MPRA Paper 10171, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Shorrocks, Anthony F, 1983. "Ranking Income Distributions," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 50(197), pages 3-17, February.
- Irene Perrote Coste & Juan Gabriel Rodríguez Hernández & Rafael Salas del Marmol, 2001. "A non-parametric decomposition of redistribution into vertical and horizontal components," Documentos de trabajo de la Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales 01-07, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales.
- Dardanoni, Valentino & Lambert, Peter J., 2002. "Progressivity comparisons," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 86(1), pages 99-122, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ere:journl:v:xxviii:y:2009:i:1:p:81-107. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dora María Vega Facio)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.