R&D - Strategic elements for innovation and market success
Innovation management in SMEs means not only the operational control of processes, but also the strategic management of the company. A fundamental component of strategic innovation management is the long-term decision to innovate, which is accompanied by the need to establish structures and to provide resources for the acquisition of technology. Therefore, continuous research and development (R&D) is decisive in driving the success of the innovation process onto the market. The empirical analyses of R&D management and innovation success in SMEs uses data from the Third and Fourth Community Innovation Survey (CIS3 and CIS4), and discusses the following topics: firstly, some descriptive statistics on R&D in European SME's, and in this context a brief discussion of R&D as a core business competence; secondly, the determining factors of R&D in SME's; finally, the influence of R&D on market success.
Volume (Year): 1 (2006)
Issue (Month): 4 (Winter)
|Contact details of provider:|| |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Wesley M. Cohen & Richard R. Nelson & John P. Walsh, 2000.
"Protecting Their Intellectual Assets: Appropriability Conditions and Why U.S. Manufacturing Firms Patent (or Not),"
NBER Working Papers
7552, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wesley M Cohen & Richard R Nelson & John P Walsh, 2003. "Protecting Their Intellectual Assets: Appropriability Conditions and Why U.S. Manufacturing Firms Patent (Or Not)," Levine's Working Paper Archive 618897000000000624, David K. Levine.
- Dirk Czarnitzki & Alfred Spielkamp, 2003.
"Business services in Germany: bridges for innovation,"
The Service Industries Journal,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(2), pages 1-30, March.
- Czarnitzki, Dirk & Spielkamp, Alfred, 2000. "Business services in Germany: bridges for innovation," ZEW Discussion Papers 00-52, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Ian Miles & Johan Hauknes, "undated". "Services in European Innovation Systems - A review of issues," STEP Report series 199606, The STEP Group, Studies in technology, innovation and economic policy.
- Acs, Zoltan J & Audretsch, David B, 1988. "Innovation in Large and Small Firms: An Empirical Analysis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 78(4), pages 678-690, September.
- F. M. Scherer & Dietmar Harhoff & J, rg Kukies, 2000. "Uncertainty and the size distribution of rewards from innovation," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 10(1), pages 175-200.
- Licht, Georg & Harhoff, Dietmar, 1993. "Das Mannheimer Innovationspanel," ZEW Discussion Papers 93-21, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eph:journl:v:1:y:2006:i:4:n:1. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Simona Vasilache)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.