Macroeconomic Factors Affecting Budget Deficit in Pakistan: A Time Series Analysis
The objective of the study is to empirically investigate the relationship between budget deficit and macroeconomic factors i.e., financial development indicator, economic growth, changes in price level and real exchange rate, by using data from1980-2011 for Pakistan. The results reveal that there is a positive and significant relationship between real effective exchange rate and budget deficit on one hand, while economic growth and financial development indicator with reference to budget deficit on the other hand. Changes in price level have a significant and negative relationship with the budget deficit in Pakistan.
Volume (Year): 5 (2013)
Issue (Month): 4 (October)
|Contact details of provider:|| |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ari Aisen & David Hauner, 2008.
"Budget Deficits and Interest Rates; A Fresh Perspective,"
IMF Working Papers
08/42, International Monetary Fund.
- Ari Aisen & David Hauner, 2013. "Budget deficits and interest rates: a fresh perspective," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(17), pages 2501-2510, June.
- Lin, Hsin-Yi & Chu, Hao-Pang, 2013. "Are fiscal deficits inflationary?," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 214-233.
- Tanzi, Vito, 1982. "Fiscal disequilibrium in developing countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 10(12), pages 1069-1082, December.
- Kahnim Farajova, 2011. "Budget Deficit and Macroeconomics Fundamentals: The case of Azerbaijan," International Journal of Business and Economic Sciences Applied Research (IJBESAR), Eastern Macedonia and Thrace Institute of Technology (EMATTECH), Kavala, Greece, vol. 4(2), pages 143-158, August.
- Jamaleddin Mohseni Zonuzi & Mahnaz S.Hashemi Pourvaladi & Nasrin Faraji, 2011. "The Relationship between Budget Deficit and Inflation in Iran," Iranian Economic Review, Economics faculty of Tehran university, vol. 16(1), pages 117-133, winter.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eok:journl:v:5:y:2013:i:4:p:17-33. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Felician ALECU)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.