Fiscal policy making in the new EU post-communist countries
This article provides an overview of the main models of fiscal policy followed by the former communist countries, which today belong to the European Union. After a detailed analysis of the structure of revenues and expenses made by each of these states, the article reviews its compliance with the conditions required by the Stability and Growth Pact and the challenge faced by former members regarding the low tax income of new members.
Volume (Year): 69 (2008)
Issue (Month): 03 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: C/Donostia-San Sebastián, 1, 01010 Vitoria-Gasteiz|
Phone: + 34 945019038
Fax: + 34945019062
Web page: http://www.euskadi.eus/economia
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Postal: Dpto. de Hacienda y Finanzas, Gobierno Vasco, C/Donostia-San Sebastián, 1, 01010 Vitoria-Gasteiz, Spain|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mancur Olson, 1996. "Distinguished Lecture on Economics in Government: Big Bills Left on the Sidewalk: Why Some Nations Are Rich, and Others Poor," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 10(2), pages 3-24, Spring.
- Ondrej Schneider & Jan Zápal, 2005.
"Fiscal Policy in New EU Member States – Go East, Prudent Man!,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
1486, CESifo Group Munich.
- Ondrej Schneider & Jan Zapal, 2006. "Fiscal Policy in New EU Member States: Go East, Prudent Man!," Post-Communist Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(2), pages 139-166.
- Ondřej Schneider & Jan Zápal, 2005. "Fiscal Policy in New EU Member States: Go East, Prudent Man!," Working Papers IES 76, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised 2005.
- J. Stiglitz, 1999. "Whither Reform? Ten Years of the Transition," VOPROSY ECONOMIKI, N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki", vol. 7.
- Jihe Song & Shumei Gao, 2000. "A Model of Budget Constraint and Enterprise Restructuring," CERT Discussion Papers 0001, Centre for Economic Reform and Transformation, Heriot Watt University.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ekz:ekonoz:2008307. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Iñaki Treviño)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.