Death and Taxes, Including Inflation: the Public versus Economists
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Cooley, Thomas F & Hansen, Gary D, 1989.
"The Inflation Tax in a Real Business Cycle Model,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 79(4), pages 733-748, September.
- Thomas F. Cooley & Gary D. Hansen, 1987. "The Inflation Tax in a Real Business Cycle Model," UCLA Economics Working Papers 496, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Cooley, T.F. & Hansen, G.D., 1988. "The Inflation Tax In A Real Business Cycle Model," RCER Working Papers 155, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Cooley, T.F. & Hansen, G.D., 1988. "The Inflation Tax In A Real Business Cycle Model," Papers 88-05, Rochester, Business - General.
- Mulligan, Casey B & Sala-I-Martin, Xavier X, 1997.
"The Optimum Quantity of Money: Theory and Evidence,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 29(4), pages 687-715, November.
- Casey B. Mulligan & Xavier X. Sala-i-Martin & Frederic S. Mishkin & Jonas D. M. Fisher, 1997. "The optimum quantity of money: theory and evidence," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, pages 687-724.
- Casey B. Mulligan & Xavier X. Sala-i-Martin, 1997. "The Optimum Quantity of Money: Theory and Evidence," NBER Working Papers 5954, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Casey B. Mulligan & Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 1997. "The optimum quantity of money: Theory and evidence," Economics Working Papers 229, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Max Gillman, 1995. "Comparing Partial And General Equilibrium Estimates Of The Welfare Cost Of Inflation," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 13(4), pages 60-71, October.
- Martin S. Feldstein, 1997.
"The Costs and Benefits of Going from Low Inflation to Price Stability,"
NBER Chapters,in: Reducing Inflation: Motivation and Strategy, pages 123-166
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Martin Feldstein, 1996. "The Costs and Benefits of Going from Low Inflation to Price Stability," NBER Working Papers 5469, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Click, Reid W, 1998. "Seigniorage in a Cross-Section of Countries," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 30(2), pages 154-171, May.
- Eisner, Robert & Pieper, Paul J, 1986. "A New View of the Federal Debt and Budget Deficits: Reply," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(5), pages 1156-1157, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lee, Cheuk Wing & Zhong, Jin, 2014. "Top down strategy for renewable energy investment: Conceptual framework and implementation," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 761-773.
- T. Van Cott, 2012. "Milton Friedman and the Genesis of Inflation Tax Analysis," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 18(3), pages 315-319, August.
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:18:y:2012:i:3:p:315-319 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsinflation; deadweight loss; deficit; money; national debt; seigniorage; taxation; velocity;
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
- E42 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Monetary Sytsems; Standards; Regimes; Government and the Monetary System
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
- E60 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - General
- H21 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Efficiency; Optimal Taxation
- H60 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ejw:journl:v:4:y:2007:i:1:p:46-59. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jason Briggeman). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/edgmuus.html .