Regional differences in a national culture and their effects on leadership effectiveness: A tale of two neighboring Chinese cities
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Aryee, Samuel & Zhen Xiong Chen, 2006. "Leader-member exchange in a Chinese context: Antecedents, the mediating role of psychological empowerment and outcomes," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 59(7), pages 793-801, July.
- Y Paul Huo & Donna Randall, 1991. "Exploring subcultural differences in hofstede's value survey: The case of the Chinese," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 8(2), pages 159-173, October.
- McGrath, Rita Gunther & MacMillan, Ian C. & Yang, Elena Ai-Yuan & Tsai, William, 1992. "Does culture endure, or is it malleable? Issues for entrepreneurial economic development," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 7(6), pages 441-458, November.
- McGrath, Rita Gunther & MacMillan, Ian C., 1992. "More like each other than anyone else? A cross-cultural study of entrepreneurial perceptions," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 7(5), pages 419-429, September.
- Fred Luthans & Dianne H B Welsh & Stuart A Rosenkrantz, 1993. "What Do Russian Managers Really Do? An Observational Study with Comparisons to U.S. Managers," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 24(4), pages 741-761, December.
- Ji Li & Kevin Lam & Gongming Qian, 2001. "Does Culture Affect Behavior and Performance of Firms? The Case of Joint Ventures in China," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 32(1), pages 115-131, March.
- David A Ralston & David J Gustafson & Fanny M Cheung & Robert H Terpstra, 1993. "Differences in Managerial Values: A Study of U.S., Hong Kong and PRC Managers," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 24(2), pages 249-275, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hitt, Michael A. & Li, Dan & Xu, Kai, 2016. "International strategy: From local to global and beyond," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 58-73.
- Ahlstrom, David & Levitas, Edward & Hitt, Michael A. & Dacin, M. Tina & Zhu, Hong, 2014. "The three faces of China: Strategic alliance partner selection in three ethnic Chinese economies," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 49(4), pages 572-585.
- Deephouse, David L. & Newburry, William & Soleimani, Abrahim, 2016. "The effects of institutional development and national culture on cross-national differences in corporate reputation," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 463-473.
- Sasaki, Innan & Yoshikawa, Katsuhiko, 2014. "Going beyond national cultures – Dynamic interaction between intra-national, regional, and organizational realities," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 455-464.
More about this item
KeywordsLeadership; Regional differences; Leader–member exchange; Chinese; Turnover; Performance;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:worbus:v:48:y:2013:i:1:p:13-19. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/620401/description#description .