Ethnic-immigrants in founding teams: Effects on prospector strategy and performance in new Internet ventures
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ralph Rotte & Michael Vogler, 2000.
"The effects of development on migration: Theoretical issues and new empirical evidence,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 13(3), pages 485-508.
- Rotte, Ralph & Vogler, Michael, 1999. "The Effects of Development on Migration: Theoretical Issues and New Empirical Evidence," IZA Discussion Papers 46, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- McGrath, Rita Gunther & MacMillan, Ian C. & Yang, Elena Ai-Yuan & Tsai, William, 1992. "Does culture endure, or is it malleable? Issues for entrepreneurial economic development," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 7(6), pages 441-458, November.
- Macmillan, Ian C. & Siegel, Robin & Narasimha, P. N. Subba, 1985. "Criteria used by venture capitalists to evaluate new venture proposals," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 119-128.
- AnnaLee Saxenian, 2002. "Silicon Valleyâ€™s New Immigrant High-Growth Entrepreneurs," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 16(1), pages 20-31, February.
- Robert W. Fairlie & Bruce D. Meyer, 1996.
"Ethnic and Racial Self-Employment Differences and Possible Explanations,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 31(4), pages 757-793.
- Fairlie, Robert, 2014. "Ethnic and Racial Self-Employment Differences and Possible Explanations," Santa Cruz Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt24p7v6gc, Department of Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
- Covin, Jeffrey G. & Slevin, Dennis P. & Heeley, Michael B., 2000. "Pioneers and followers: Competitive tactics, environment, and firm growth," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 175-210, March.
- Mudambi, Ram & Treichel, Monica Zimmerman, 2005. "Cash crisis in newly public Internet-based firms: an empirical analysis," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 543-571, July.
- McGrath, Rita Gunther & MacMillan, Ian C., 1992. "More like each other than anyone else? A cross-cultural study of entrepreneurial perceptions," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 7(5), pages 419-429, September.
- Timothy Bates & Constance R. Dunham, 1993. "Asian-American Success in Self-Employment," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 7(2), pages 199-214, May.
- Anisya S Thomas & Stephen L Mueller, 2000. "A Case for Comparative Entrepreneurship: Assessing the Relevance of Culture," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 31(2), pages 287-301, June.
- George J. Borjas, 1986. "The Self-Employment Experience of Immigrants," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 21(4), pages 485-506.
- Chandler, Gaylen N. & Hanks, Steven H., 1993. "Measuring the performance of emerging businesses: A validation study," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 8(5), pages 391-408, September.
- Covin, Jeffrey G. & Slevin, Dennis P. & Covin, Teresa Joyce, 1990. "Content and performance of growth-seeking strategies: A comparison of small firms in high- and low technology industries," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 5(6), pages 391-412, November.
- Zahra, Shaker A. & Bogner, William C., 2000. "Technology strategy and software new ventures' performance: Exploring the moderating effect of the competitive environment," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 135-173, March.
- Chen, Stephen, 2003. "The real value of 'e-business models'," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 46(6), pages 27-33.
- Brush, Candida G. & Vanderwerf, Pieter A., 1992. "A comparison of methods and sources for obtaining estimates of new venture performance," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 157-170, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Xueling Li & Jia Shen & Wenjie Ma & Weiyong Zhang, 2016. "The effect of business ties and government ties on new IT venture growth: an empirical examination in China," Information Technology and Management, Springer, vol. 17(3), pages 245-261, September.
- Petra Andries & Dirk Czarnitzki, 2014.
"Small firm innovation performance and employee involvement,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 43(1), pages 21-38, June.
- Andries, Petra & Czarnitzki, Dirk, 2012. "Small firm innovation performance and employee involvement," ZEW Discussion Papers 12-013, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Bird, Miriam & Wennberg, Karl, 2016.
"Why family matters: The impact of family resources on immigrant entrepreneurs' exit from entrepreneurship,"
Journal of Business Venturing,
Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 687-704.
- Bird, Miriam & Wennberg, Karl, 2016. "Why Family Matters: The Impact of Family Resources on Immigrant Entrepreneurs’ Exit from Entrepreneurship," Ratio Working Papers 274, The Ratio Institute.
- Jiang, Guohua & Kotabe, Masaaki & Hamilton, Robert D. & Smith, Sheryl Winston, 2016. "Early internationalization and the role of immigration in new venture survival," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 1285-1296.
- Alessandro Arrighetti & Daniela Bolzani & Andrea Lasagni, 2014.
"Beyond the enclave? Break-outs into mainstream markets and multicultural hybridism in ethnic firms,"
Entrepreneurship & Regional Development,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(9-10), pages 753-777, December.
- A. Arrighetti & D. Bolzani & A. Lasagni, 2013. "Beyond the enclave? Break-outs into mainstream markets and multicultural hybridism in ethnic firms," Economics Department Working Papers 2013-EP06, Department of Economics, Parma University (Italy).
- Chand, Masud & Ghorbani, Majid, 2011. "National culture, networks and ethnic entrepreneurship: A comparison of the Indian and Chinese immigrants in the US," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 593-606.
- Vandor, Peter & Franke, Nikolaus, 2016. "See Paris and… found a business? The impact of cross-cultural experience on opportunity recognition capabilities," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 388-407.
- Bengtsson, Ola & Hsu, David H., 2015.
"Ethnic matching in the U.S. venture capital market,"
Journal of Business Venturing,
Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 338-354.
- Bengtsson, Ola & Hsu, David H., 2013. "Ethnic Matching in the U.S. Venture Capital Market," Knut Wicksell Working Paper Series 2013/8, Lund University, Knut Wicksell Centre for Financial Studies.
- Mayer-Haug, Katrin & Read, Stuart & Brinckmann, Jan & Dew, Nicholas & Grichnik, Dietmar, 2013. "Entrepreneurial talent and venture performance: A meta-analytic investigation of SMEs," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(6), pages 1251-1273.
- Lin Song & Darline Augustine & Jing Yu Yang, 2016. "Environmental uncertainty, prospector strategy, and new venture performance: the moderating role of network capabilities," International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, Springer, vol. 12(4), pages 1103-1126, December.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbvent:v:23:y:2008:i:1:p:113-139. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusvent .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.