Is There an Alternative for Irrigation Reform?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mukherji, Aditi & Fuleki, Blanka & Shah, Tushaar & Suhardiman, Diana & Giordano, Mark & Weligamage, Parakrama, 2010. "Irrigation reform in Asia: a review of 108 cases of irrigation management transfer," IWMI Research Reports H042851, International Water Management Institute.
- Molden, David J. & Sakthivadivel, Ramasamy & Perry, Christopher J. & de Fraiture, Charlotte & Kloezen, Wim H., 1998. "Indicators for comparing performance of irrigated agricultural systems," IWMI Research Reports 44581, International Water Management Institute.
- J-P. Platteau & A. Abraham, 2002. "Participatory Development in the Presence of Endogenous Community Imperfections," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(2), pages 104-136.
- Barker, Randolph & Molle, François, 2004. "Evolution of irrigation in South and Southeast Asia," IWMI Research Reports H035439, International Water Management Institute.
- Fernando J. Gonzalez & Salman M.A. Salman, 2002. "Institutional Reform for Irrigation and Drainage : Proceedings of a World Bank Workshop," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 14095, June.
- Vermillion, Douglas Lynn, 1997. "Impacts of irrigation management transfer: A review of the evidence," IWMI Research Reports 52798, International Water Management Institute.
- Ghazouani, W. & Molle, Francois & Rap, E., 2012. "Water users associations in the NEN [Near East and North Africa] Region: IFAD interventions and overall dynamics. [Project report submitted to IFAD by IWMI]," IWMI Research Reports H046140, International Water Management Institute.
- Vermillion, Douglas. L. & Samad, Madar & Pusposutardjo, Suprodjo. & Arif, Sigit. S. & Rochdyanto, Saiful, 2000. "An assessment of the Small-Scale Irrigation Management Turnover Program in Indonesia," IWMI Research Reports H026189, International Water Management Institute.
- Wade, Robert, 1985. "The market for public office: Why the Indian state is not better at development," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 467-497, April.
- Diana Suhardiman & Peter P. Mollinga, 2011. "Correlations, Causes and the Logic of Obscuration: Donor Shaping of Dominant Narratives in Indonesia's Irrigation Development," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(7), pages 923-938, August.
- Svendsen, Mark, 1993. "The impact of financial autonomy on irrigation system performance in the Philippines," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 989-1005, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hoogesteger, Jaime & Tiaguaro-Rea, Yisenia & Rap, Edwin & Hidalgo, Juan Pablo, 2017. "Scalar Politics in Sectoral Reforms: Negotiating the Implementation Of water Policies in Ecuador (1990–2008)," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 300-309.
- Smith, Steven M., 2018.
"From decentralized to centralized irrigation management,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 151(C), pages 62-87.
- Steven M. Smith, 2017. "From Decentralized to Centralized Irrigation Management," Working Papers 2017-09, Colorado School of Mines, Division of Economics and Business.
- Lankford, B. & Makin, Ian & Matthews, N. & McCornick, Peter G. & Noble, A. & Shah, Tushaar, "undated". "A compact to revitalise large-scale irrigation systems using a leadership-partnership-ownership 'Theory of Change'," Papers published in Journals (Open Access) H047459, International Water Management Institute.
- Ricks, Jacob I., 2016. "Building Participatory Organizations for Common Pool Resource Management: Water User Group Promotion in Indonesia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 34-47.
- Alaerts, G.J., 2020. "Adaptive policy implementation: Process and impact of Indonesia’s national irrigation reform 1999–2018," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 129(C).
- Balasubramanya, Soumya, 2019. "Effects of training duration and the role of gender on farm participation in water user associations in Southern Tajikistan: Implications for irrigation management," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 216(C), pages 1-11.
- Wegerich, Kai & Van Rooijen, Daniel & Soliev, Ilkhom & Mukhamedova, Nozilakhon, 2015. "Water Security in the Syr Darya Basin," EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, pages 4657-4684.
- Ali, Sameen A. Mohsin, 2020. "Driving participatory reforms into the ground: The bureaucratic politics of irrigation management transfer in Pakistan," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 135(C).
- Wang, Yahua & Chen, Chunliang & Araral, Eduardo, 2016. "The Effects of Migration on Collective Action in the Commons: Evidence from Rural China," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 79-93.
- Lan T. Pham & Ilona M. Otto & Dimitrios Zikos, 2019. "Self-Governance and the Effects of Rules in Irrigation Systems: Evidence from Laboratory and Framed Field Experiments in China, India and Vietnam," Water Economics and Policy (WEP), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 5(01), pages 1-28, January.
- Harrison, Elizabeth, 2018. "Engineering change? The idea of ‘the scheme’ in African irrigation," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 111(C), pages 246-255.
More about this item
Keywordsirrigation bureaucracies; irrigation system performance; policy reform; hydraulic mission; farmer–agency interface;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:57:y:2014:i:c:p:91-100. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.