Development Consequences of Armed Conflict
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Siyan Chen & Norman V. Loayza & Marta Reynal-Querol, 2008.
"The Aftermath of Civil War,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 22(1), pages 63-85, February.
- Chen, Siyan & Loayza, Norman V. & Reynal-Querol, Marta, 2007. "The aftermath of civil war," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4190, The World Bank.
- Siyan Chen & Norman V. Loayza & Marta Reynal-Querol, 2007. "The aftermath of Civil War," Economics Working Papers 1043, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:95:y:2001:i:01:p:33-48_00 is not listed on IDEAS
- Malcolm Knight & Norman Loayza & Delano Villanueva, 1996.
"The Peace Dividend: Military Spending Cuts and Economic Growth,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 43(1), pages 1-37, March.
- Malcolm D. Knight & Delano Villanueva & Norman Loayza, 1995. "The Peace Dividend; Military Spending Cuts and Economic Growth," IMF Working Papers 95/53, International Monetary Fund.
- Knight, Malcolm & Loayza, Norman & Villanueva, Delano, 1996. "The peace dividend : military spending cuts and economic growth," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1577, The World Bank.
- Frances Stewart & Frank Humphreys & Nick Lea, 1997. "Civil conflict in developing countries over the last quarter of a century: An empirical overview of economic and social consequences," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(1), pages 11-41.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:97:y:2003:i:01:p:75-90_00 is not listed on IDEAS
- Salehyan, Idean & Gleditsch, Kristian Skrede, 2006. "Refugees and the Spread of Civil War," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 60(02), pages 335-366, April.
- Clionadh Raleigh & Andrew Linke & HÃ¥vard Hegre & Joakim Karlsen, 2010. "Introducing ACLED: An Armed Conflict Location and Event Dataset," Journal of Peace Research, Peace Research Institute Oslo, vol. 47(5), pages 651-660, September.
- Matthew Blackwell & Stefano Iacus & Gary King & Giuseppe Porro, 2009. "cem: Coarsened exact matching in Stata," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 9(4), pages 524-546, December.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:97:y:2003:i:02:p:189-202_00 is not listed on IDEAS
- Paul Collier & V. L. Elliott & Håvard Hegre & Anke Hoeffler & Marta Reynal-Querol & Nicholas Sambanis, 2003. "Breaking the Conflict Trap : Civil War and Development Policy," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13938.
- Messer, Ellen & Cohen, Marc J., 2004. "Breaking the links between conflict and hunger in Africa," Issue briefs 26, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Ghobarah, H.A.Hazem Adam & Huth, Paul & Russett, Bruce, 2004. "The post-war public health effects of civil conflict," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 59(4), pages 869-884, August.
- Messer, Ellen & Cohen, Marc J., 2004. "Breaking the links between conflict and hunger in Africa," 2020 vision briefs 10, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Prakarsh Singh & Olga N. Shemyakina, 2013. "Gender-Differential Effects of Conflict on Education: The Case of the 1981-1993 Punjab Insurgency," HiCN Working Papers 143, Households in Conflict Network.
- Hönig, Tillman, 2017. "The Impact of Peace: Evidence from Nigeria," MPRA Paper 83302, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:eee:poleco:v:49:y:2017:i:c:p:47-70 is not listed on IDEAS
- Benjamin Crost & Joseph H. Felter, 2015. "Is Conflict Contagious? Evidence from a Natural Experiment," HiCN Working Papers 197, Households in Conflict Network.
- Bove, Vincenzo & Gavrilova, Evelina, 2014. "Income and Livelihoods in the War in Afghanistan," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 113-131.
- Farzanegan, Mohammad Reza & Witthuhn, Stefan, 2017.
"Corruption and political stability: Does the youth bulge matter?,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 47-70.
- Mohammad Reza Farzanegan & Stefan Witthuhn, 2016. "Corruption and Political Stability: Does the Youth Bulge Matter?," CESifo Working Paper Series 5890, CESifo Group Munich.
- Marion Mercier & Rama Lionel Ngenzebuke & Hugues Philip Verwimp, 2017. "Violence exposure and deprivation: Evidence from the Burundi civil war," Working Papers DT/2017/14, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Singh, Prakarsh & Shemyakina, Olga N., 2016. "Gender-differential effects of terrorism on education: The case of the 1981–1993 Punjab insurgency," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 185-210.
- D'Souza, Anna, 2014. "Conflict and Trade: Implications for Agriculture and Food Security," Proceedings Issues, 2014: Food, Resources and Conflict, December 7-9, 2014, San Diego, California 197200, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
- Parlow, Anton, 2016. "Birth and Fertility during War: Afghanistan from 2007 to 2010," MPRA Paper 76366, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:eme:jespps:jes-01-2015-0021 is not listed on IDEAS
- Elissaios Papyrakis & Pak Hung Mo, 2014. "Fractionalization, Polarization, And Economic Growth: Identifying The Transmission Channels," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 52(3), pages 1204-1218, July.
- Joshi, Devin K. & Hughes, Barry B. & Sisk, Timothy D., 2015. "Improving Governance for the Post-2015 Sustainable Development Goals: Scenario Forecasting the Next 50years," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 286-302.
- Abdul Rasheed Sithy Jesmy & Mohd Zaini Abd Karim & Shri Dewi Applanaidu, 2016. "Do Military Expenditure and Conflict Affect Economic Growth in Sri Lanka? Evidence from the ARDL Bounds Test Approach," International Journal of Economics and Finance, Canadian Center of Science and Education, vol. 8(3), pages 1-14, March.
- Nusrate Aziz & M. Niaz Asadullah, 2017.
"Military spending, armed conflict and economic growth in developing countries in the post-Cold War era,"
Journal of Economic Studies,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 44(1), pages 47-68, January.
- M Nusrate Aziz & M Niaz Asadullah, 2016. "Military Spending, Armed Conflict and Economic Growth in Developing Countries in the Post-Cold War Era," Discussion Papers 2016-03, University of Nottingham, CREDIT.
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:96:y:2017:i:c:p:474-489 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsconsequences of war; development; conflict; Millennium Development Goals; growth;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:40:y:2012:i:9:p:1713-1722. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .