Opening Up Pandora's Box: The Effect of Gender Targeting and Conditionality on Household Spending Behavior in Mexico's Progresa Program
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jorge M. Aguero & Michael R. Carter & Ingrid Woolard, 2006.
"The Impact of Unconditional Cash Transfers on Nutrition: The South African Child Support Grant,"
SALDRU Working Papers
8, Southern Africa Labour and Development Research Unit, University of Cape Town.
- Jorge M. Agüero & Michael R. Carter & Ingrid Woolard, 2007. "The Impact of Unconditional Cash Transfers on Nutrition: The South African Child Support Grant," Working Papers 39, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- Robert Breunig & Indraneel Dasgupta, 2005. "Do Intra-Household Effects Generate the Food Stamp Cash-Out Puzzle?," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 87(3), pages 552-568.
- Browning, Martin & Francois Bourguignon & Pierre-Andre Chiappori & Valerie Lechene, 1994.
"Income and Outcomes: A Structural Model of Intrahousehold Allocation,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 102(6), pages 1067-1096, December.
- Browning, M. & Bourguignon, F. & Chiappori, P.A. & Lechene, V., 1992. "Incomes and Outcomes: A structural Model of Intra-Household Allocation," DELTA Working Papers 92-23, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Mauricio Leon & Stephen Younger, 2007. "Transfer payments, mothers' income and child health in ecuador," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(6), pages 1126-1143.
- Jishnu Das, 2005. "Reassessing Conditional Cash Transfer Programs," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 20(1), pages 57-80.
- J. William Levedahl, 1995. "A Theoretical and Empirical Evaluation of the Functional Forms Used to Estimate the Food Expenditure Equation of Food Stamp Recipients," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 77(4), pages 960-968.
- Moffitt, Robert, 1989. "Estimating the Value of an In-Kind Transfer: The Case of Food Stamps," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(2), pages 385-409, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- de Brauw, Alan & Gilligan, Daniel O. & Hoddinott, John & Roy, Shalini, 2014.
"The Impact of Bolsa Família on Women’s Decision-Making Power,"
Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 487-504.
- Alan de Brauw & Daniel O. Gilligan & John Hoddinott & Shalini Roy, 2013. "The Impact of Bolsa Família on Women?s Decision-Making Power," One Pager 238, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- Roy, Shalini & Ara, Jinnat & Das, Narayan & Quisumbing, Agnes R., 2015. "“Flypaper effects” in transfers targeted to women: Evidence from BRAC's “Targeting the Ultra Poor” program in Bangladesh," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 117(C), pages 1-19.
- Noemi Pace & Silvio Daidone & Benjamin Davis & Luca Pellerano, 2016. "Does “soft conditionality” increase the impact of cash transfers on desired outcomes? Evidence from a randomized control trial in Lesotho," Working Papers 2016:33, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- repec:bla:devpol:v:35:y:2017:i:5:p:621-643 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bergolo, Marcelo & Galván, Estefanía, 2018.
"Intra-household Behavioral Responses to Cash Transfer Programs. Evidence from a Regression Discontinuity Design,"
Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 100-118.
- Marcelo Bergolo & Estefanía Galván, 2016. "Intra-household Behavioral Responses to Cash Transfer Programs. Evidence from a Regression Discontinuity Design," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) 16-06, Instituto de Economía - IECON.
- Bergolo, Marcelo & Galvan, Estefania, 2016. "Intra-Household Behavioral Responses to Cash Transfer Programs: Evidence from a Regression Discontinuity Design," IZA Discussion Papers 10310, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Marcelo Bergolo & Estefanía Galván, 2018. "Intra-household Behavioral Responses to Cash Transfer Programs. Evidence from a Regression Discontinuity Design," Post-Print hal-01725328, HAL.
- Jaime Andrés Sarmiento Espinel, 2012. "Parental investment in their children’s education," Serie documentos de trabajo del Centro de Estudios Económicos 2012-09, El Colegio de México, Centro de Estudios Económicos.
- Margherita Calderone, 2017. "Are there different spillover effects from cash transfers to men and women? Impacts on investments in education in post-war Uganda," WIDER Working Paper Series 093, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- van den Bold, Mara & Quisumbing, Agnes R. & Gillespie, Stuart, 2013. "Womenâ€™s empowerment and nutrition: An evidence review:," IFPRI discussion papers 1294, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Sudhanshu Handa & David Seidenfeld & Benjamin Davis & Gelson Tembo & Zambia Cash Transfer Evaluation Team, 2014. "Are Cash Transfers a Silver Bullet? Evidence from the Zambian Child Grant," Papers inwopa731, Innocenti Working Papers.
- Mabel Andalón & Jenny Williams & Michael Grossman, 2014.
"Empowering Women: The Effect of Schooling on Young Women's Knowledge and Use of Contraception,"
NBER Working Papers
19961, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andalón, Mabel & Williams, Jenny & Grossman, Michael, 2014. "Empowering Women: The Effect of Schooling on Young Women's Knowledge and Use of Contraception," IZA Discussion Papers 7900, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Das, Narayan & Yasmin, Rabeya & Ara, Jinnat & Kamruzzaman, Md. & Davis, Peter & Behrman, Julia A. & Roy, Shalini & Quisumbing, Agnes R., 2013. "How do intrahousehold dynamics change when assets are transferred to women? Evidence from BRACâ€™s Challenging the Frontiers of Poverty Reductionâ€”Targeting the Ultra Poor program in Bangladesh:," IFPRI discussion papers 1317, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Jaime Andres Sarmiento Espinel & Edwin van Gameren, 2016. "A collective household labor supply model with children and non-participation: Theory and empirical application," Serie documentos de trabajo del Centro de Estudios Económicos 2016-11, El Colegio de México, Centro de Estudios Económicos.
- Narayan Das & Rabeya Yasmin, 2014. "How Do Intrahousehold Dynamics Change When Assets are Transferred to Women? Evidence from BRACâ€™s Challenging the Frontiers of Poverty Reductionâ€”Targeting the Ultra Poor Program in Bangladesh," Working Papers id:5698, eSocialSciences.
- Independent Evaluation Group, 2014. "Social Safety Nets and Gender : Learning from Impact Evaluations and World Bank Projects," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 21365.
- Escobal, Javier & Benites, Sara, 2012.
"Algunos impactos del programa JUNTOS en el bienestar de los niños: Evidencia basada en el estudio Niños del Milenio
[Impacts of the Conditional Cash Transfer programme JUNTOS for children in Peru]," MPRA Paper 56480, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:emx:esteco:v:33:y:2018:i:1:p:65-115 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsLatin America Mexico cash transfer conditionality gender targeting;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:37:y:2009:i:6:p:1129-1142. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .