Explaining a Miracle: Intensification and the Transition Towards Sustainable Small-scale Agriculture in Dryland Machakos and Kitui Districts, Kenya
No abstract is available for this item.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bevan, David & Collier, Paul & Gunning, Jan Willem, 1992. "Anatomy of a Temporary Trade Shock: The Kenyan Coffee Boom of 1976-9," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 1(2), pages 271-305, August.
- Barbier, Bruno & Bergeron, Gilles, 1998. "Natural resource management in the hillsides of Honduras: bioeconomic modeling at the micro-watershed level," EPTD discussion papers 32, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Pender, John L., 1999. "Rural population growth, agricultural change and natural resource management in developing countries: a review of hypotheses and some evidence from Honduras," EPTD discussion papers 48, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Templeton, Scott R. & Scherr, Sara J., 1997. "Population pressure and the microeconomy of land management in hills and mountains of developing countries:," EPTD discussion papers 26, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Pomp, Marc & Burger, Kees, 1995. "Innovation and imitation: Adoption of cocoa by Indonesian smallholders," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 423-431, March.
- Lapar, Ma. Lucila A. & Pandey, Sushil, 1999. "Adoption of soil conservation: the case of the Philippine uplands," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 21(3), pages 241-256, December.
- Bigsten, Arne, 1996. "The Circular Migration of Smallholders in Kenya," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 5(1), pages 1-20, March.
- Heckman, James J. & Macurdy, Thomas E., 1986. "Labor econometrics," Handbook of Econometrics,in: Z. Griliches† & M. D. Intriligator (ed.), Handbook of Econometrics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 32, pages 1917-1977 Elsevier.
- Ramón López, 1998. "Agricultural Intensification, Common Property Resources and the Farm-Household," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 11(3), pages 443-458, April.
- Holloway, Garth & Nicholson, Charles & Delgado, Chris & Staal, Steve & Ehui, Simeon, 2000. "Agroindustrialization through institutional innovation: Transaction costs, cooperatives and milk-market development in the east-African highlands," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 23(3), pages 279-288, September.
- Gray, Leslie C. & Kevane, Michael, 2001. "Evolving Tenure Rights and Agricultural Intensification in Southwestern Burkina Faso," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 573-587, April.
- Lapar, Ma. Lucila A. & Pandey, Sushil, 1999. "Adoption of soil conservation: the case of the Philippine uplands," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 21(3), December.
- Ellis, Frank, 2000. "Rural Livelihoods and Diversity in Developing Countries," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198296966.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:30:y:2002:i:7:p:1271-1287. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.