Do Labor Standards Affect Comparative Advantage in Developing Countries?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jai S. Mah, 1997. "Core Labour Standards and Export Performance in Developing Countries," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(6), pages 773-785, September.
- Drusilla K. Brown, 2000.
"International Trade and Core Labor Standards: A Survey of the Recent Literature,"
Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University
0005, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- Drusilla K. Brown, 2000. "International Trade and Core Labour Standards: A Survey of the Recent Literature," OECD Labour Market and Social Policy Occasional Papers 43, OECD Publishing.
- Booth,Alison L., 1994. "The Economics of the Trade Union," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521468398, December.
- Drusilla Brown & Alan Deardorff & Robert Stern, 1998. "Trade and Labor Standards," Open Economies Review, Springer, pages 171-194.
- Krugman, Paul R., 2000. "Technology, trade and factor prices," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, pages 51-71.
- Stephen S. Golub, 1997. "International Labor Standards and International Trade," IMF Working Papers 97/37, International Monetary Fund.
- Martin, Will & Maskus, Keith E, 2001. "Core Labor Standards and Competitiveness: Implications for Global Trade Policy," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(2), pages 317-328, May.
- Maskus, Keith E., 1997. "Should core labor standards be imposed through international trade policy?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1817, The World Bank.
- George Psacharopoulos & Harry Anthony Patrinos, 1997. "Family size, schooling and child labor in Peru - An empirical analysis," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 10(4), pages 387-405.
- Robert C. Shelburne, 2001. "An Explanation of the International Variation in the Prevalence of Child Labour," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(3), pages 359-378, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Edmonds, Eric V. & Pavcnik, Nina, 2006.
"International trade and child labor: Cross-country evidence,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, pages 115-140.
- Eric Edmonds & Nina Pavcnik, 2004. "International Trade and Child Labor: Cross-Country Evidence," NBER Working Papers 10317, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edmonds, Eric V & Pavcnik, Nina, 2004. "International Trade and Child Labour: Cross-Country Evidence," CEPR Discussion Papers 4309, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Vivek H. Dehejia & Yiagadeesen Samy, 2007. "Trade and Labor Standards: A Review of the Theory and New Empirical Evidence," Carleton Economic Papers 07-12, Carleton University, Department of Economics.
- Christian E. Weller, 2011.
"Could international labour rights play a role in US trade?,"
Cambridge Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 35(1), pages 39-57.
- Christian E. Weller, 2009. "Could International Labor Rights Play a Role in U.S. Trade?," Working Papers wp196, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/1546 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zhao, Liqiu & Wang, Fei & Zhao, Zhong, 2016. "Trade Liberalization and Child Labor in China," IZA Discussion Papers 10295, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Drusilla K Brown & Alan V Deardorff & Robert M Stern, 2013.
"Labor Standards and Human Rights: Implications for International Trade and Investment,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Regulation of Foreign Investment Challenges to International Harmonization, chapter 5, pages 153-195
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Drusilla K. Brown & Alan V. Deardorff & Robert M. Stern, 2011. "Labor Standards and Human Rights: Implications for International Trade and Investment," Working Papers 622, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:470016 is not listed on IDEAS
- Busse, Matthias & Braun, Sebastian, 2004. "Export Structure, FDI and Child Labour," Journal of Economic Integration, Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 19, pages 804-829.
- Neumayer, Eric & de Soysa, Indra, 2005.
"Trade Openness, Foreign Direct Investment and Child Labor,"
Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 43-63, January.
- Eric Neumayer & Indra de Soysa, 2003. "Trade Openness, Foreign Direct Investment and Child Labor," International Trade 0312001, EconWPA, revised 27 May 2004.
- Davies, Ronald B. & Vadlamannati, Krishna Chaitanya, 2013.
"A race to the bottom in labor standards? An empirical investigation,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 1-14.
- Ronald B. Davies & Krishna Chaitanya Vadlamannati, 2011. "A Race to the Bottom in Labour Standards? An Empirical Investigation," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp385, IIIS.
- Ronald B. Davies & Krishna Chaitanya Vadlamannati, 2011. "A race to the bottom in labour standards? An empirical investigation," Working Papers 201123, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Jean-Marc Siroën, 2012. "Core labour standards and exports," Working Papers DT/2012/18, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Moana S. Simas & Laura Golsteijn & Mark A. J. Huijbregts & Richard Wood & Edgar G. Hertwich, 2014. "The “Bad Labor” Footprint: Quantifying the Social Impacts of Globalization," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(11), pages 1-27, October.
- Matthias Busse & Christian Spielmann, 2006.
"Gender Inequality and Trade,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(3), pages 362-379, August.
- Busse, Matthias & Spielmann, Christian, 2004. "Gender Inequality and Trade," HWWA Discussion Papers 308, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA).
- Spielmann, Christian & Busse, Matthias, 2005. "Gender Inequality and Trade," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Kiel 2005 8, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Busse, Matthias & Spielmann, Christian, 2003. "Gender Discrimination and the International Division of Labour," HWWA Discussion Papers 245, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA).
- repec:laf:wpaper:201102 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rafael Peels & Patrick Develtere, 2009. "Civil Society Involvement in International Development Cooperation: In Search for Data," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 93(2), pages 331-349, September.
- Häberli, Christian. & Jansen, Marion. & Monteiro, José-Antonio., 2012. "Regional trade agreements and domestic labour market regulation," ILO Working Papers 994700163402676, International Labour Organization.
- Günseli Berik & Yana Van Der Meulen Rodgers, 2010.
"Options for enforcing labour standards: Lessons from Bangladesh And Cambodia,"
Journal of International Development,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(1), pages 56-85.
- Günseli Berik & Yana van der Meulen Rodgers, 2008. "Options for Enforcing Labor Standards: Lessons from Bangladesh and Cambodia," Working Paper Series, Department of Economics, University of Utah 2008_14, University of Utah, Department of Economics.
- Busse, Matthias, 2004. "On the determinants of core labour standards: the case of developing countries," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 83(2), pages 211-217, May.
- Neumayer, Eric & Soysa, Indra de, 2006. "Globalization and the Right to Free Association and Collective Bargaining: An Empirical Analysis," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 31-49, January.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/3202 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jean-Marie Cardebat & Alexandru Dimitrescu, 2011. "Social Responsibility of the countries and their international trade : A gravitational approach," Larefi Working Papers 1102, Larefi, Université Bordeaux 4.
- Boehe, Dirk Michael & Cruz, Luciano Barin & Ogasavara, Mário Henrique, 2010. "How can Firms from Emerging Economies Enhance their CSR-Supported Export Strategies?," Insper Working Papers wpe_209, Insper Working Paper, Insper Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:30:y:2002:i:11:p:1921-1932. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .