The IMF and the emerging markets: A reappraisal of the central banking model
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Douglas W. Diamond & Philip H. Dybvig, 2000.
"Bank runs, deposit insurance, and liquidity,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Win, pages 14-23.
- Diamond, Douglas W & Dybvig, Philip H, 1983. "Bank Runs, Deposit Insurance, and Liquidity," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(3), pages 401-419, June.
- Ronald Macdonald & Mark P. Taylor, 1992. "Exchange Rate Economics: A Survey," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 39(1), pages 1-57, March.
- Mark P. Taylor & Ronald MacDonald, 1991. "Exchange Rate Economics; A Survey," IMF Working Papers 91/62, International Monetary Fund.
- White, Lawrence J, 1989. "The Reform of Federal Deposit Insurance," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 3(4), pages 11-29, Fall.
- Lawrence J. White, 1989. "The reform of Federal Deposit Insurance," Proceedings 258, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- C. Randall Henning, 1996. "Political Economy of the Bretton Woods Institutions: Adapting to Financial Change," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(2), pages 173-193, 03.
- Graham Bird, 1996. "From Bretton Woods to Halifax and Beyond: The Political Economy of International Monetary Reform," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(2), pages 149-172, 03.
- Klein, Benjamin, 1974. "The Competitive Supply of Money," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 6(4), pages 423-453, November.
- Charles Goodhart, 1988. "The Evolution of Central Banks," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262570734, July.
- Coats, W.L. & Furstenberg, R.W. & Isard, P., 1990. "The SDR System and the Issue of Resource Transfers," Princeton Studies in International Economics 180, International Economics Section, Departement of Economics Princeton University,.
- Fernandez-Arias, Eduardo & Montiel, Peter J, 1996. "The Surge in Capital Inflows to Developing Countries: An Analytical Overview," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 10(1), pages 51-77, January.
- Ian S. McCarthy, 1980. "Deposit Insurance: Theory and Practice (L'assurance des dÃ©pÃ´ts bancaires: thÃ©orie et pratique) (Seguro de depÃ³sitos: TeorÃa y prÃ¡ctica)," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 27(3), pages 578-600, September.
- Eaton, Jonathan & Gersovitz, Mark, 1980. "LDC participation in international financial markets : Debt and reserves," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 3-21, February. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:25:y:1997:i:11:p:1937-1948. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.