Sustainable accessibility: a conceptual framework to integrate transport and land use plan-making. Two test-applications in the Netherlands and a reflection on the way forward
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Halden, Derek, 2002. "Using accessibility measures to integrate land use and transport policy in Edinburgh and the Lothians," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 313-324, October.
- S L Handy & D A Niemeier, 1997. "Measuring accessibility: an exploration of issues and alternatives," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 29(7), pages 1175-1194, July.
- Martin Dijst & Velibor Vidakovic, 2000. "Travel time ratio: the key factor of spatial reach," Transportation, Springer, vol. 27(2), pages 179-199, May.
- S L Handy & D A Niemeier, 1997. "Measuring Accessibility: An Exploration of Issues and Alternatives," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 29(7), pages 1175-1194, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Straatemeier, Thomas, 2008. "How to plan for regional accessibility," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 127-137, March.
- Isalou, Ali A. & Litman, Todd & Shahmoradi, Behzad, 2014. "Testing the housing and transportation affordability index in a developing world context: A sustainability comparison of central and suburban districts in Qom, Iran," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 33-39.
- Karel Martens, 2012. "Justice in transport as justice in accessibility: applying Walzer’s ‘Spheres of Justice’ to the transport sector," Transportation, Springer, vol. 39(6), pages 1035-1053, November.
- te Brömmelstroet, Marco & Bertolini, Luca, 2008. "Developing land use and transport PSS: Meaningful information through a dialogue between modelers and planners," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 251-259, July.
- Chaoren Lu, 2014. "The role of sustainability policy in influencing service innovation. a case study of Changzhou BRT system," ECONOMICS AND POLICY OF ENERGY AND THE ENVIRONMENT, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2014(3), pages 167-168.
- Levine, Jonathan & Merlin, Louis & Grengs, Joe, 2017. "Project-level accessibility analysis for land-use planning," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 107-119.
- Tan Yigitcanlar & Md. Kamruzzaman & Suharto Teriman, 2015. "Neighborhood Sustainability Assessment: Evaluating Residential Development Sustainability in a Developing Country Context," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(3), pages 1-33, March.
- Wooliscroft, Ben & Ganglmair-Wooliscroft, Alexandra, 2014. "Improving conditions for potential New Zealand cyclists: An application of conjoint analysis," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 11-19.
- repec:eee:transa:v:104:y:2017:i:c:p:137-149 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:transa:v:104:y:2017:i:c:p:121-136 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mu, Rui & de Jong, Martin, 2016. "A network governance approach to transit-oriented development: Integrating urban transport and land use policies in Urumqi, China," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 55-63.
- Cervero, Robert, 2005. "Accessible Cities and Regions: A Framework for Sustainable Transport and Urbanism in the 21st Century," Institute of Transportation Studies, Research Reports, Working Papers, Proceedings qt27g2q0cx, Institute of Transportation Studies, UC Berkeley.
- Beukers, Els & Bertolini, Luca & Te Brömmelstroet, Marco, 2014. "Using cost benefit analysis as a learning process: identifying interventions for improving communication and trust," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 61-72.
- Pietro Lanzini & Andrea Stocchetti, 2017. "The evolution of the conceptual basis for the assessment of urban mobility sustainability impacts," Working Papers 02, Department of Management, Università Ca' Foscari Venezia.
- repec:gam:jeners:v:11:y:2018:i:3:p:481-:d:133151 is not listed on IDEAS
- Marion Drut, 2016. "Spatial issues revisited: A note on the role of shared transportation modes," ERSA conference papers ersa16p118, European Regional Science Association.
- te Brommelstroet, Marco, 2010. "Equip the warrior instead of manning the equipment: Land use and transport planning support in the Netherlands," The Journal of Transport and Land Use, Center for Transportation Studies, University of Minnesota, vol. 3(1), pages 25-41.
- repec:eee:transa:v:104:y:2017:i:c:p:108-120 is not listed on IDEAS
- Silva, Cecília & Bertolini, Luca & te Brömmelstroet, Marco & Milakis, Dimitris & Papa, Enrica, 2017. "Accessibility instruments in planning practice: Bridging the implementation gap," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 135-145.
- Carmen Lizarraga & Ciro Jaramillo & Alejandro L. Grindlay, 2011. "Urban development and transport disadvantage: Methodology to evaluate social transport needs in Latin American cities," ERSA conference papers ersa11p936, European Regional Science Association.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:trapol:v:12:y:2005:i:3:p:207-220. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/30473/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.