Green supply chain decisions – Case-based performance analysis from the food industry
Environmental impacts, such as GHC emissions, have been introduced to supply chain management as an additional parameter to traditional cost, lead-time and on-time delivery. Supply chain management represents a significant source of decisions affecting the eco-efficiency of many products. This paper analyses cases from the food industry, mainly order-picking, transportation, warehousing, and distribution aspects from the greening point of view. Three case examples of decisions in supply chain design in the food industry are considered. The results show dependencies between performance measures. Finally, a framework of decisions and their impact on performance is presented.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 69 (2014)
Issue (Month): C ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600244/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600244/bibliographic|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Thierry Bréchet & Philippe Michel, 2007.
"Environmental performance and equilibrium,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 40(4), pages 1078-1099, November.
- BRECHET, Thierry & MICHEL, Philippe, "undated". "Environmental performance and equilibrium," CORE Discussion Papers RP 2056, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- BRECHET, Thierry & MICHEL, Philippe, 2004. "Environmental performance and equilibrium," CORE Discussion Papers 2004072, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Reiner, Gerald & Trcka, Michael, 2004. "Customized supply chain design: Problems and alternatives for a production company in the food industry. A simulation based analysis," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(2), pages 217-229, May.
- Pretty, J.N. & Ball, A.S. & Lang, T. & Morison, J.I.L., 2005. "Farm costs and food miles: An assessment of the full cost of the UK weekly food basket," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 1-19, February.
- Rong, Aiying & Akkerman, Renzo & Grunow, Martin, 2011. "An optimization approach for managing fresh food quality throughout the supply chain," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 131(1), pages 421-429, May.
- Lee, Der-Horng & Dong, Meng & Bian, Wen, 2010. "The design of sustainable logistics network under uncertainty," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 128(1), pages 159-166, November.
- Azevedo, Susana G. & Carvalho, Helena & Cruz Machado, V., 2011. "The influence of green practices on supply chain performance: A case study approach," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 47(6), pages 850-871.
- Yang, Chung-Shan & Lu, Chin-Shan & Haider, Jane Jing & Marlow, Peter Bernard, 2013. "The effect of green supply chain management on green performance and firm competitiveness in the context of container shipping in Taiwan," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 55-73.
- Carol A. Adams, 2007. "Engaging with organisations in pursuit of improved sustainability accounting and performance," Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 20(3), pages 333-355, June.
- Meixell, Mary J. & Gargeya, Vidyaranya B., 2005. "Global supply chain design: A literature review and critique," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 41(6), pages 531-550, November.
- Robert D. Klassen & Curtis P. McLaughlin, 1996. "The Impact of Environmental Management on Firm Performance," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(8), pages 1199-1214, August. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:transe:v:69:y:2014:i:c:p:97-107. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.