The impact of lead time reliability in freight transport: A logistics assessment of transport economics findings
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Simona Bolis & Rico Maggi, 2003. "Logistics Strategy and Transport Service Choices: An Adaptive Stated Preference Experiment," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 34(4), pages 490-504.
- Winston, Clifford, 1981. "A Disaggregate Model of the Demand for Intercity Freight Transportation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(4), pages 981-1006, June.
- Patterson, Zachary & Ewing, Gordon O. & Haider, Murtaza, 2010. "How different is carrier choice for third party logistics companies?," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 46(5), pages 764-774, September.
- Vernimmen, Bert & Dullaert, Wout & Willemé, Peter & Witlox, Frank, 2008. "Using the inventory-theoretic framework to determine cost-minimizing supply strategies in a stochastic setting," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 248-259, September.
- W. J. Baumol & H. D. Vinod, 1970. "An Inventory Theoretic Model of Freight Transport Demand," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 16(7), pages 413-421, March.
- Frank Witlox & Els Vandaele, 2005. "Determining the Monetary Value of Quality Attributes in Freight Transportation Using a Stated Preference Approach," Transportation Planning and Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 28(2), pages 77-92, April.
- Jérôme Massiani, 2008. "Can we use hedonic pricing to estimate freight value of time?," EERI Research Paper Series EERI_RP_2008_08, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Cullinane, Kevin & Toy, Neal, 2000. "Identifying influential attributes in freight route/mode choice decisions: a content analysis," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 41-53, March.
- Bert Vernimmen & Frank Witlox, 2003. "The inventory-theoretic approach to modal choice in freight transport: literature review and case study," Brussels Economic Review, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles, vol. 46(2), pages 5-30.
- M. Beuthe & Ch. Bouffioux, 2008. "Analysing Qualitative Attributes of Freight Transport from Stated Orders of Preference Experiment," Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, University of Bath, vol. 42(1), pages 105-128, January.
- N. Lesca, 2010. "Introduction," Post-Print halshs-00640602, HAL.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Holden, R. & Xu, B. & Greening, P. & Piecyk, M. & Dadhich, P., 2016. "Towards a common measure of greenhouse gas related logistics activity using data envelopment analysis," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 91(C), pages 105-119.
- Gürler, Ülkü & Alp, Osman & Büyükkaramikli, Nasuh Çağdaş, 2014. "Coordinated inventory replenishment and outsourced transportation operations," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 400-415.
- repec:eee:transe:v:109:y:2018:i:c:p:139-150 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:retrec:v:61:y:2017:i:c:p:15-24 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:transa:v:102:y:2017:i:c:p:228-243 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tyworth, John E. & Saldanha, John, 2014. "The lead-time reliability paradox and inconsistent value-of-reliability estimates," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 76-85.
- Juan Manuel Izar Landeta & Carmen Berenice Ynzunza Cortés & Orlando Guarneros García, 2016. "Lead time demand variability, safety stock and the inventory cost," Contaduría y Administración, Accounting and Management, vol. 61(3), pages 499-513, Julio-Sep.
- Jian, Ming & Fang, Xin & Jin, Liu-qian & Rajapov, Azamat, 2015. "The impact of lead time compression on demand forecasting risk and production cost: A newsvendor model," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 61-72.
More about this item
KeywordsFreight transport; Value of reliability; Safety inventory; Simulation framework;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:transe:v:49:y:2013:i:1:p:190-200. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600244/description#description .