A micro-simulation model of shipment size and transport chain choice
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Shirley, Chad & Winston, Clifford, 2004. "Firm inventory behavior and the returns from highway infrastructure investments," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 398-415, March.
- W. J. Baumol & H. D. Vinod, 1970. "An Inventory Theoretic Model of Freight Transport Demand," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 16(7), pages 413-421, March.
- Disney, S. M. & Potter, A. T. & Gardner, B. M., 2003. "The impact of vendor managed inventory on transport operations," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 363-380, September.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Abate, Megersa & de Jong, Gerard, 2014. "The optimal shipment size and truck size choice – The allocation of trucks across hauls," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 262-277.
- Wang, Xu & Zhang, Xiaobo & Xie, Zhuan & Huang, Yiping, 2016.
"Roads to innovation: Firm-level evidence from China:,"
IFPRI discussion papers
1542, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Xu Wang & Xiaobo Zhang & Zhuan Xie & Huang Yiping, 2016. "Roads to Innovation: Firm-Level Evidence from China," Working Papers id:11121, eSocialSciences.
- Carballo, Jerónimo & Schaur, Georg & Graziano, Alejandro & Volpe Martincus, Christian, 2016. "Transit Trade," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 7688, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Fedderke, J.W. & Bogetic, Z., 2009.
"Infrastructure and Growth in South Africa: Direct and Indirect Productivity Impacts of 19 Infrastructure Measures,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(9), pages 1522-1539, September.
- Johannes Fedderke & Å½eljko Bogetic, 2005. "Infrastructure and Growth in South Africa: Direct and Indirect Productivity Impacts of 19 Infrastructure Measures," Working Papers 39, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Fedderke, Johannes W. & Bogetic & Zeljko, 2006. "Infrastructure and growth in South Africa : direct and indirect productivity impacts of 19 infrastructure measures," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3989, The World Bank.
- Mutlu, Fatih & Çetinkaya, Sıla, 2020. "Supplier–carrier–buyer channels: Contractual pricing for a carrier serving a supplier–buyer partnership," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 230(C).
- Dong, Chuanwen & Transchel, Sandra, 2020. "A dual sourcing inventory model for modal split transport: Structural properties and optimal solution," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 283(3), pages 883-900.
- Jenny Carolina SaldaÃ±a CortÃ©s, 2011. "ProgramaciÃ³n semidefinida aplicada a problemas de cantidad econÃ³mica de pedido," Documentos CEDE 008735, Universidad de los Andes - CEDE.
- Andrea Lasagni & Annamaria Nifo & Gaetano Vecchione, 2015.
"Firm Productivity And Institutional Quality: Evidence From Italian Industry,"
Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(5), pages 774-800, November.
- A. Lasagni & A. Nifo & G. Vecchione, 2012. "Firm productivity and institutional quality. Evidence from Italian industry," Economics Department Working Papers 2012-EP07, Department of Economics, Parma University (Italy).
- Junjie Hong & Zhaofang Chu & Qiang Wang, 2011. "Transport infrastructure and regional economic growth: evidence from China," Transportation, Springer, vol. 38(5), pages 737-752, September.
- Ian W. H. Parry, 2005.
"Is Pay-as-You-Drive Insurance a Better Way to Reduce Gasoline than Gasoline Taxes?,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 95(2), pages 288-293, May.
- Parry, Ian W.H., 2005. "Is Pay-As-You-Drive Insurance a Better Way to Reduce Gasoline than Gasoline Taxes?," Discussion Papers 10465, Resources for the Future.
- Parry, Ian, 2005. "Is Pay-As-You-Drive Insurance a Better Way to Reduce Gasoline than Gasoline Taxes?," Discussion Papers dp-05-15, Resources For the Future.
- Charles Kunaka & Robin Carruthers, 2014. "Trade and Transport Corridor Management Toolkit," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 18241, November.
- Wout Dullaert & Bert Vernimmen & El‐houssaine Aghezzaf & Birger Raa, 2006. "Revisiting Service‐level Measurement for an Inventory System with Different Transport Modes," Transport Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 27(3), pages 273-283, July.
- A. Nifo & G. Vecchione, 2015. "Measuring Institutional Quality in Italy," Rivista economica del Mezzogiorno, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 1-2, pages 157-182.
- Melvin Ayogu, 0. "Infrastructure and Economic Development in Africa: A Review-super- †," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 16(suppl_1), pages -126.
- Roberto Pietroforte & Tullio Gregori, 2006. "Does volume follow share? The case of the Danish construction industry," Construction Management and Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(7), pages 711-715.
- San-José, Luis A. & García-Laguna, Juan, 2009. "Optimal policy for an inventory system with backlogging and all-units discounts: Application to the composite lot size model," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 192(3), pages 808-823, February.
- Joubert, J.W. & Axhausen, K.W., 2011. "Inferring commercial vehicle activities in Gauteng, South Africa," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 115-124.
- Michael Iacono & David Levinson, 2012. "Rural Highway Expansion and Economic Development: Impacts on Private Earnings and Employment," Working Papers 000101, University of Minnesota: Nexus Research Group.
- Evangelos Sambracos & Irene Ramfou, 2014.
"The Effect of Freight Transport Time Changes on The Performance of Manufacturing Companies,"
European Research Studies Journal, European Research Studies Journal, vol. 0(1), pages 119-138.
- Sambracos, Evangelos & Ramfou, Irene, 2013. "The effect of freight transport time changes on the performance of manufacturing companies," MPRA Paper 51842, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Roberts, Mark & Deichmann, Uwe & Fingleton, Bernard & Shi, Tuo, 2010. "On the road to prosperity ? The economic geography of China's national expressway network," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5479, The World Bank.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:transb:v:41:y:2007:i:9:p:950-965. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/548/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.