Bounded rationality can make parking search more efficient: The power of lexicographic heuristics
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Shoup, Donald C., 2006. "Cruising for parking," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(6), pages 479-486, November.
- J. MacQueen & R. G. Miller, 1960. "Optimal Persistence Policies," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 8(3), pages 362-380, June.
- Lambe, Thomas A., 1996. "Driver choice of parking in the city," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 207-219, September.
- Konstantinos Katsikopoulos & Gerd Gigerenzer, 2008. "One-reason decision-making: Modeling violations of expected utility theory," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 37(1), pages 35-56, August.
- Konstantinos V. Katsikopoulos, 2014. "Bounded rationality: the two cultures," Journal of Economic Methodology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(4), pages 361-374, December.
- Hunt, J. D. & Teply, S., 1993. "A nested logit model of parking location choice," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 253-265, August.
- Shoup, Donald C., 2006. "Cruising for Parking," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt55s7079f, University of California Transportation Center.
- Ford, J. Kevin & Schmitt, Neal & Schechtman, Susan L. & Hults, Brian M. & Doherty, Mary L., 1989. "Process tracing methods: Contributions, problems, and neglected research questions," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 75-117, February.
- Florian, Michaël & Los, Marc, 1980. "Impact of the supply of parking spaces on parking lot choice," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 14(1-2), pages 155-163.
- Qian, Zhen (Sean) & Rajagopal, Ram, 2014. "Optimal occupancy-driven parking pricing under demand uncertainties and traveler heterogeneity: A stochastic control approach," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 144-165.
- Konstantinos V. Katsikopoulos, 2011. "Psychological Heuristics for Making Inferences: Definition, Performance, and the Emerging Theory and Practice," Decision Analysis, INFORMS, vol. 8(1), pages 10-29, March.
- Herbert A. Simon, 1955. "A Behavioral Model of Rational Choice," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 69(1), pages 99-118.
- Arnott, Richard, 2006.
"Spatial competition between parking garages and downtown parking policy,"
Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(6), pages 458-469, November.
- Richard Arnott, 2005. "Spatial Competition between Parking Garages and Downtown Parking Policy," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 627, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Robin M. Hogarth & Natalia Karelaia, 2005.
"Simple Models for Multiattribute Choice with Many Alternatives: When It Does and Does Not Pay to Face Trade-offs with Binary Attributes,"
Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 51(12), pages 1860-1872, December.
- Robin Hogarth & Natalia Karelaia, 2004. "Simple models for multi-attribute choice with many alternatives: When it does and does not pay to face tradeoffs with binary attributes," Economics Working Papers 739, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Apr 2005.
- Shoup, Donald C., 1999. "The trouble with minimum parking requirements," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 33(7-8), pages 549-574.
- Lam, William H.K. & Li, Zhi-Chun & Huang, Hai-Jun & Wong, S.C., 2006. "Modeling time-dependent travel choice problems in road networks with multiple user classes and multiple parking facilities," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 40(5), pages 368-395, June.
- Boyles, Stephen D. & Tang, Shoupeng & Unnikrishnan, Avinash, 2015. "Parking search equilibrium on a network," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 81(P2), pages 390-409.
- Cao, Jin & Menendez, Monica, 2015. "System dynamics of urban traffic based on its parking-related-states," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 81(P3), pages 718-736.
- Di, Xuan & Liu, Henry X., 2016. "Boundedly rational route choice behavior: A review of models and methodologies," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 142-179.
- Du, Lili & Gong, Siyuan, 2016. "Stochastic Poisson game for an online decentralized and coordinated parking mechanism," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 44-63.
- He, Fang & Yin, Yafeng & Chen, Zhibin & Zhou, Jing, 2015. "Pricing of parking games with atomic players," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 1-12.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Daniel Albalate & Albert Gragera, 2018. "“Misinformation and Misperception in the market for parking”," IREA Working Papers 201812, University of Barcelona, Research Institute of Applied Economics, revised Jun 2018.
More about this item
KeywordsParking search; Cognitive decision-making heuristics; Congestion games; Bounded rationality;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:transb:v:101:y:2017:i:c:p:28-50. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/548/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.