Missing women in Indian districts: a quantitative analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gasper, D.R., 1993. "Entitlements analysis : relating concepts and contexts," ISS Working Papers - General Series 18849, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Alderman, Harold, et al, 1995. "Unitary versus Collective Models of the Household: Is It Time to Shift the Burden of Proof?," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 10(1), pages 1-19, February.
- Sen, Amartya, 1998.
"Mortality as an Indicator of Economic Success and Failure,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(446), pages 1-25, January.
- Amartya Sen, 1995. "Mortality as an Indicator of Economic Success and Failure," Papers innlec95/2, Innocenti Lectures.
- Peter Mayer, 1999. "India's Falling Sex Ratios," Population and Development Review, The Population Council, Inc., vol. 25(2), pages 323-343.
- Waldron, Ingrid, 1983. "Sex differences in human mortality: The role of genetic factors," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 17(6), pages 321-333, January.
- Rosenzweig, Mark R & Schultz, T Paul, 1982. "Market Opportunities, Genetic Endowments, and Intrafamily Resource Distribution: Child Survival in Rural India," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(4), pages 803-815, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Agier, Isabelle & Guérin, Isabelle & Szafarz, Ariane, 2012.
"Child gender and parental borrowing: Evidence from India,"
Elsevier, vol. 115(3), pages 363-365.
- Isabelle Agier & Isabelle Guérin & Ariane Szafarz, 2011. "Child Gender and Parental Borrowing: Evidence from India," Working Papers CEB 11-038, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Isabelle Agier & Isabelle Guérin & Ariane Szafarz, 2012. "Child Gender and Parental Borrowing: Evidence from India," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/149094, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- repec:eee:jjieco:v:33:y:2014:i:c:p:114-133 is not listed on IDEAS
- Francisco J. BeltrÃ¡n Tapia & Domingo Gallego, 2015. "Where are the missing girls? Gender discrimination in mid-19th century Spain," Working Papers 23, Department of Economic and Social History at the University of Cambridge.
- Munro, Alistair & Kebede, Bereket & Tarazona-Gomez, Marcela & Verschoor, Arjan, 2014.
"Autonomy and efficiency. An experiment on household decisions in two regions of India,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 114-133.
- Alistair Munro & Bereket Kebede & Marcela Tarazona-Gomez & Arjan Verschoor, 2013. "Autonomy and Efficiency: An Experiment on Household Decisions in Two Regions of India," NBER Chapters,in: Experiments for Development: Achievements and New Directions National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tin-chi Lin & Alícia Adserà, 2013.
"Son Preference and Children’s Housework: The Case of India,"
Population Research and Policy Review,
Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 32(4), pages 553-584, August.
- Lin, Tin-chi & Adsera, Alicia, 2012. "Son Preference and Children's Housework: The Case of India," IZA Discussion Papers 6929, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Robert T. Jensen, 2010. "Economic Opportunities and Gender Differences in Human Capital: Experimental Evidence for India," NBER Working Papers 16021, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nandi, Arindam & Deolalikar, Anil B., 2013. "Does a legal ban on sex-selective abortions improve child sex ratios? Evidence from a policy change in India," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 216-228.
- Devereux, Stephen., 2015. "Realising the right to social security and the right to food : the contribution of national social protection floors towards food security and the realisation of the right to adequate food for all," ILO Working Papers 994886763402676, International Labour Organization.
- Scott South & Katherine Trent & Sunita Bose, 2012. "India’s ‘Missing Women’ and Men’s Sexual Risk Behavior," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 31(6), pages 777-795, December.
- Amitrajeet Batabyal & Hamid Beladi, 2004. "On the tradeoff between cultural sensitivity and aggregate size in population control policy," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(7), pages 401-404.
- Alistair Munro & Bereket Kebede & Marcela Tarazona-Gomez & Arjan Verschoor, 2011.
"Autonomy or efficiency: An experiment on household decisions in two regions of India,"
Working Paper series, University of East Anglia, Centre for Behavioural and Experimental Social Science (CBESS)
11-02, School of Economics, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK..
- Alistair Munro & Bereket Kebede & Marcela Tarazona-Gomez & Arjan Verschoor, 2011. "Autonomy or Efficiency. An experiment on household decisions in two regions of India," GRIPS Discussion Papers 10-33, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:streco:v:13:y:2002:i:3:p:285-314. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/525148 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.