Sex differences in human mortality: The role of genetic factors
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Samantha Rawlings, 2012. "Gender, race, and heterogeneous scarring and selection effects of epidemic malaria on human capital," Economics & Management Discussion Papers em-dp2012-01, Henley Business School, Reading University.
- repec:uwp:jhriss:v:54:y:2019:i:1:p:122-170 is not listed on IDEAS
- Agnihotri, Satish & Palmer-Jones, Richard & Parikh, Ashok, 2002. "Missing women in Indian districts: a quantitative analysis," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 285-314, September.
- repec:rdg:wpaper:em-dp2012-01 is not listed on IDEAS
- Milazzo, Annamaria, 2014. "Son preference, fertility and family structure : evidence from reproductive behavior among Nigerian women," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6869, The World Bank.
- Makate, Marshall & Makate, Clifton, 2016. "Is poor sanitation killing more children in rural Zimbabwe? Results of propensity score matching method," MPRA Paper 72831, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 02 Aug 2016.
- Kirill F. Andreev, 2000. "Sex differentials in survival in the Canadian population, 1921-1997," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 3(12), December.
- Sharada Srinivasan & Arjun S. Bedi, 2011. "Ensuring Daughter Survival in Tamil Nadu, India," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(3), pages 253-283, March.
- Stacey H. Chen & Yen-Chien Chen & Jin-Tan Liu, 2019.
"The Impact of Family Composition on Educational Achievement,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 54(1), pages 122-170.
- Stacey Chen & Yen-Chien Chen & Jin-Tan Liu, 2014. "The impact of family composition on educational achievment," IFS Working Papers W14/28, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Stacey H. Chen & Yen-Chien Chen & Jin-Tan Liu, 2014. "The Impact of Family Composition on Educational Achievement," NBER Working Papers 20443, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stacey H. Chen & Yen-Chien Chen & Jin-Tan Liu, 2016. "The Impact of Family Composition on Educational Achievement," GRIPS Discussion Papers 16-20, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies.
- Roland Pongou, 2013. "Why Is Infant Mortality Higher in Boys Than in Girls? A New Hypothesis Based on Preconception Environment and Evidence From a Large Sample of Twins," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 50(2), pages 421-444, April.
- repec:eee:deveco:v:134:y:2018:i:c:p:467-484 is not listed on IDEAS
- Quaranta, Luciana, 2014. "Early life effects across the life course: The impact of individually defined exogenous measures of disease exposure on mortality by sex in 19th- and 20th-century Southern Sweden," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 119(C), pages 266-273.
- Saha, U.R., 2012. "Econometric models of child mortality dynamics in rural Bangladesh," Other publications TiSEM f734b639-9696-480e-96f0-8, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Andrew Noymer & Viola Van, 2014. "Divergence without decoupling," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 31(51), pages 1503-1524, December.
- Irma T. Elo & Greg L. Drevenstedt, 2005. "Cause-specific contributions to sex differences in adult mortality among whites and African Americans between 1960 and 1995," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 13(19), pages 485-520, November.
- Milazzo, Annamaria, 2018.
"Why are adult women missing? Son preference and maternal survival in India,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 134(C), pages 467-484.
- Milazzo, Annamaria, 2014. "Why are adult women missing ? son preference and maternal survival in India," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6802, The World Bank.
- Saha, U.R. & van Soest, A.H.O. & Bijwaard, G.E., 2012. "Cause-specific Neonatal Deaths : Levels, Trend and Determinants in Rural Bangladesh, 1987-2005," Discussion Paper 2012-016, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Catalano, Ralph, 2011. "Selection in utero contributes to the male longevity deficit," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 72(6), pages 999-1003, March.
- Mussa, Richard, 2017. "Early-Life Rainfall Shocks and Intergenerational Education Mobility in Malawi," MPRA Paper 75978, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mukherjee, Diganta, 2002. "A new measure of gender bias," ISER Working Paper Series 2002-24, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Bhalotra, Sonia R. & Chakravarty, Abhishek & Gulesci, Selim, 2016. "The Price of Gold: Dowry and Death in India," IZA Discussion Papers 9679, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- J. Guan & JdD Tena, 2018. "Do Social Medical Insurance Schemes Improve Children's Health in China?," Working Paper CRENoS 201807, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Ting Li & Yang Yang & James Anderson, 2013. "Mortality Increase in Late-Middle and Early-Old Age: Heterogeneity in Death Processes as a New Explanation," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 50(5), pages 1563-1591, October.
- Marc Luy & Paola Di Giulio, 2006. "The impact of health behaviors and life quality on gender differences in mortality," MPIDR Working Papers WP-2006-035, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:17:y:1983:i:6:p:321-333. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.