Stationary bootstrapping for cointegrating regressions
The validity of stationary bootstrapping is investigated for cointegrating regressions in large samples as well as in finite samples. The bootstrap ordinary least squares estimator (OLSE) is shown to be valid in large samples having the same limiting distribution as the OLSE under a similar normalization. Large sample validity of a bootstrap test regarding cointegration parameters is also established. Finite sample size and power properties of the bootstrap test are investigated via a Monte Carlo experiment.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 83 (2013)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Eunju Hwang & Dong Wan Shin, 2011. "Stationary bootstrapping for non‐parametric estimator of nonlinear autoregressive model," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(3), pages 292-303, 05.
- Franz C. Palm & Stephan Smeekes & Jean-Pierre Urbain, 2008.
"Bootstrap Unit-Root Tests: Comparison and Extensions,"
Journal of Time Series Analysis,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(2), pages 371-401, 03.
- Palm, F.C. & Smeekes, S. & Urbain, J.R.Y.J., 2006. "Bootstrap unit root tests: comparison and extensions," Research Memorandum 015, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Yoosoon Chang, 2000.
"Bootstrap Unit Root Tests in Panels with Cross-Sectional Dependency,"
Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers
1585, Econometric Society.
- Chang, Yoosoon, 2004. "Bootstrap unit root tests in panels with cross-sectional dependency," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 120(2), pages 263-293, June.
- Chang, Yoosoon, 2002. "Bootstrap Unit Root Tests in Panels with Cross-Sectional Dependency," Working Papers 2000-01, Rice University, Department of Economics.
- Yoosoon Chang, 2000. "Bootstrap Unit Root Tests in Panels with Cross-Sectional Dependency," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1251, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Anders Rygh Swensen, 2006. "Bootstrap Algorithms for Testing and Determining the Cointegration Rank in VAR Models -super-1," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 74(6), pages 1699-1714, November.
- Atsushi Inoue & Lutz Kilian, 2002.
"Bootstrapping Autoregressive Processes with Possible Unit Roots,"
Econometric Society, vol. 70(1), pages 377-391, January.
- Atsushi Inoue & Lutz Kilian, 2000. "Bootstrapping Autoregressive Processes with Possible Unit Roots," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0401, Econometric Society.
- Seo, Myunghwan, 2006. "Bootstrap testing for the null of no cointegration in a threshold vector error correction model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 134(1), pages 129-150, September.
- Westerlund, Joakim & Edgerton, David L., 2007. "A panel bootstrap cointegration test," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 97(3), pages 185-190, December.
- Park, Joon, 2002.
"Bootstrap Unit Root Tests,"
2003-04, Rice University, Department of Economics.
- Joon Y. Park, 2000. "Bootstrap Unit Root Tests," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1587, Econometric Society.
- Hwang, Eunju & Shin, Dong Wan, 2012. "Strong consistency of the stationary bootstrap under ψ-weak dependence," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 82(3), pages 488-495.
- Dimitris Politis & Halbert White, 2004. "Automatic Block-Length Selection for the Dependent Bootstrap," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(1), pages 53-70.
- Yoosoon Chang & Joon Y. Park, 2003. "A Sieve Bootstrap For The Test Of A Unit Root," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(4), pages 379-400, 07.
- Anders Rygh Swensen, 2003. "Bootstrapping unit root tests for integrated processes," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(1), pages 99-126, 01.
- Parker, Cameron & Paparoditis, Efstathios & Politis, Dimitris N., 2006. "Unit root testing via the stationary bootstrap," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 133(2), pages 601-638, August.
- Paparoditis, Efstathios & Politis, Dimitris N., 2005. "Bootstrapping Unit Root Tests for Autoregressive Time Series," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 100, pages 545-553, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:83:y:2013:i:2:p:474-480. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.